[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you get your wife to let you watch football all day?

jhusted

I converted my wife into a huge football fan. I am a season ticket holder for the Eagles, so whenever I am at games, she watches football all day herself and gives me fantasy score updates.. She also helps me run one of my drafts and cooks for the crew on draft day. She is a wonderful woman.

That's exactly what I did...then the guys in my league set up a FF league for our wives/fiancees/girlfriends. My wife kicked major butt and then took over a team in my regular league. 2 seasons, 2 payoff spots and a third place finish later, she is a certifiable football nut. I am very lucky.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scrapbook season? :D oh the hughmanity of it all :D

sack up and tell her you put up with her PMS monthly(roughly 12 -13 times a year) which lasts a week usually. That is 80 days of friggin' purgatory you have to go through, so why can't she give you 20 of them back. Then buy her a jersey of your favorite player and tell her to wear nothing butt that. When she does wear that, lay the pipe like there was no tomorrow and afterwards tell her that the sight her in that jersey is just another reason why you love football.

If she isn't on board by now than you married a cold rock cod instead of a hot tuna and might as well get clipped like a dog in a kennel, either that or throw her back like a catch and release :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

down deep, she just wants to know that you love her and that you care about her most above all else. on sunday, as the pre-game festivities are heating up, move her over to the side so she is not blocking your view of the screen, and tell her that she is the most important thing in the world to you.

Every year I run in to this problem. She doesn't like it when I watch football all day on Sunday when she will just takes a nap or does whatever..... :D

A Budy of mine TRY to get our wives together and get them both to scrapbook because they both like to do it and it allows us to watch any game(s) that are on. Works great when we can do it.... We just watch the Kids / Games and eat food. PERFECT! PLUS they leave us alone.

We call it scrapbook season NOT FOOTBALL SEASON. They start to get a little grumpy if they hear that "FOOTBALL SEASON" term.

Looking for other ideas that will work....

What do you that will allowed to watch football all day on an NFL SUNDAY??

I would stop acting like a little biznitch, and get your wife in check.

down deep, she just wants to know that you love her and that you care about her most above all else. on sunday, as the pre-game festivities are heating up, move her over to the side so she is not blocking your view of the screen, and tell her that she is the most important thing in the world to you.

:D:D

I let it be known, loud and clear, "I will be watching football all day on Sunday", once we both knew it was heading to matrimony. We still do the church thing in the morning, which is a big family event for our Sundays. Then we we get home I prep for dinner that night(be sure to check F and B Thursday nights starting week1), make up some munchies etc. I also try to make it a fun event for everyone, as we invite freinds over at least one Sunday a month for Game Day. Also, it stays beach weather here until mid to late October, so she and the kids meet her parents at the beach for the day quite often, also, and this is important-pull NO PUNCHES, wether she like it or not-be truthful about your passion for the game.

I let it be known, loud and clear, "I will be watching football all day on Sunday", once we both knew it was heading to matrimony. We still do the church thing in the morning, which is a big family event for our Sundays. Then we we get home I prep for dinner that night(be sure to check F and B Thursday nights starting week1), make up some munchies etc. I also try to make it a fun event for everyone, as we invite freinds over at least one Sunday a month for Game Day. Also, it stays beach weather here until mid to late October, so she and the kids meet her parents at the beach for the day quite often, also, and this is important-pull NO PUNCHES, wether she like it or not-be truthful about your passion for the game.

My mouth is all a waterin' in anticipation. :D

Never had this problem. I married a wonderful woman who loves football (college and pro). We even went on a weekend football trip while she was 6 months pregnant. Left Philly on a Saturday and saw Chiefs vs Browns at Noon CT in KC, flew to St. Louis for Rams vs. Ravens on Sunday night and then off to Green Bay (via Chicago) for Packers vs. Eagles at Lambeau on MNF. We have since gone back to KC for last year's LJ-day (his first start vs. Raiders).

She watches (as does my daughter) football with me all weekend long - for the entire season.

I know this does not answer your question but...I would say that if football is that big of a deal to you, and your lady is not into it at all - to the point where she needs a bribe to let you enjoy the sport...then you married the wrong girl.

A good couple should be able to enjoy being with each other enough to overcome this and a good spouse (and this needs to be recipricated once in a while) would like to be a part of something that brings the other so much joy - just because they want them to be happy. A radical idea, I know.

Jeff

Luckily for me my wife likes football :D (import from Packer land). With me though its also Sat(college) and Monday night. Opening day is a big party at the house and Superbowl is observed holiday. She buys me the ticket each year and allows me to play in as many leagues as I like knowing I let her keep my winnings(Dbaxx is a big donater). There is nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning and your wife saying "Did you do your last minute line up checks?". :D

She Watches the Jets on the Sunday Ticket upstairs and I watch the Bills downstairs and scan the Sunday Ticket. She has a list of our starters and between the two of us screaming or using the intercom we don't miss many scores.

When I'm at the game she texts me updates and calls me on the drive home with my games scores.

Only downside....Jets/Bills a mixed marriage.

Trust me on this one. Put your foot down early in the relationship. Sunday is football day. Plain and simple. No mall. No lawncare. Nobody in front of the television. Only football friendly visitors.

If you can find a woman to agree to those terms, you are off to a great start in a successful relationship.

+1

The problem is that some women feel like they have an obligation to 'modify' a man to their own liking. Which is why the correct way to go about this is let them know very early on that nothing is more important on Sunday than football. Nothing.

Give her a toy :D

+

Some shopping money :D

=

Watching football in peace and quiet :D:D:D

Never had this problem. I married a wonderful woman who loves football (college and pro). We even went on a weekend football trip while she was 6 months pregnant. Left Philly on a Saturday and saw Chiefs vs Browns at Noon CT in KC, flew to St. Louis for Rams vs. Ravens on Sunday night and then off to Green Bay (via Chicago) for Packers vs. Eagles at Lambeau on MNF. We have since gone back to KC for last year's LJ-day (his first start vs. Raiders).

:D You were able to make it to Lambeau that evening since you did not do the report afterward of that trip.

My wife just knows that I'm gonna watch football on Sunday's. She'll watch the Steelers with me and then she does her own thing. She's actually changed her plans to not miss the Steelers game a few times.

Not married yet, but been together for 5+ years now. I told her from day 1, summertime I play on 3 different softball teams (many weeks 5 days a week including all weekend tourneys) Then in football season, I watch football. I am in numerous fantasy leagues and am an avid Mich Wolverine fan.

There it is.............take it or leave it. Not a problem since. :D

Dude, who's fantasy is this, yours or hers? And which jersey do you like her to wear?

Well, mine of course. Though you probably have never had a woman wear your shirt and nothing else. At which point I'm not looking at the jersey :D It is like training a puppy :D

Sorry to hear that you married a dud. If your wife can't understand how much you love football and enjoy to watch it, that's her problem. Now grow a set and and act like a man. Scrapbook season????? What the hell's wrong with you how in the world could you call Football season anything else. It's Scrapbook Season, yeah that sounds real manly. Dude if you let her wear the pants then shut up and wear the skirt. Otherwise stop calling it Scrapbook Season and prancing around the house whispering in dark corners about football and just call it what it is - The Best Frigin Time of the Year!!!

Wow.

While I agree that "scrapbooking" is pretty high up on the lame scale, calling someone's s/o a "dud" is pretty ballsy, especially from someone who refrains from tossing back beers. :D

I set it up long before we got married that Sundays during football season are my days. I can throw her a bone once in a while and miss out on some afternoon games (out here on the west coast), but whenever the Eagles play is off limits and she needs to set up well in advance that she wants to do something with me on a NFL SUnday. It's worked out well so far, but we'll see what changes need to be implimented with the arrival of the baby.