[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you get your wife to let you watch football all day?

jhusted

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

While I agree that "scrapbooking" is pretty high up on the lame scale, calling someone's s/o a "dud" is pretty ballsy, especially from someone who refrains from tossing back beers. :D

Hey Darin it's old already so get off my back about the stupid beer thing as those days have gone by the way side. You're acting like that corny kid in H.S. using someone else's funny line after it's been overused and no longer applicable. Other people in this thread have referred to the guy's wife as possibly being the wrong one for him to marry or as a cold rock. But yet you pick my post, which was applauded by others, to bash. So here's your little smash guy right back at you!! :D . I've changed my view since my poor topic/word choices when I started here and have been pretty solid since. So run along and find a newer newbie to assault, cause this one's about done with it, no longer deserves it and won't stand for it. :D:D

Oh and here's to you getting off my back!!! :D

That's exactly what I did...then the guys in my league set up a FF league for our wives/fiancees/girlfriends. My wife kicked major butt and then took over a team in my regular league. 2 seasons, 2 payoff spots and a third place finish later, she is a certifiable football nut. I am very lucky.

My girlfriend has been a huge Eagles fan all her life. It was tough for her family to accept a Giants fan at first, but that's passed. Now I actually get invited to the games; we went to 3 Eagles games last year and are going to at least one more this year (vs. Dallas), probably more. Plus we're driving up to the Meadowlands to see my boys take on Tampa Bay. She really gets into it, looks forward to Sundays as much as I do. I'm a lucky bastard!

Now as far as me spending hours during the week reading about FF and making free agent pickups...she hates that. :D

:D You were able to make it to Lambeau that evening since you did not do the report afterward of that trip.

Wow, I am totally confused. What do you mean?

I know it's blasphemy here...but Sundays are mostly family days. I'll check the scores online to see how my fantasy team is doing, we'll watch some of the Vikings/Packers and maybe a quarter of the Vikings here and there but my wife and daughter know they are more important to me than football.

Wow, I am totally confused. What do you mean?

You were asking about where to park and places to go afterward, but were pressing for time for when you arrived in Chicago to get to Lambeau on time.

But there was no report afterward on how that went.

You were asking about where to park and places to go afterward, but were pressing for time for when you arrived in Chicago to get to Lambeau on time.

But there was no report afterward on how that went.

It went well. 'twas wet and nasty - the drive up from o'hare and the game. i flew my parents in to milwaukee that weekend and picked them up on the way for the game - to get my dad to see Lambeau.

the Chiefs game was great. had seats 16 rows from the goalline. got to see Priest score twice (both at the other end of the field though). the rams ravens game sucked. as you may recall that was one of the most bizarre rams games in recent memory. a ton of turnovers, no offense and boller for balt. was his typical horrible self. plus, the dome was a big letdown after arrowhead. we left at halftime and watched the rest from the hotel - across the street.

sorry, i should have posted about the whole weekend. never occurred to me despite a lot of huddlers chipping in with local knowledge

Hey Darin it's old already so get off my back about the stupid beer thing as those days have gone by the way side. You're acting like that corny kid in H.S. using someone else's funny line after it's been overused and no longer applicable. Other people in this thread have referred to the guy's wife as possibly being the wrong one for him to marry or as a cold rock. But yet you pick my post, which was applauded by others, to bash. So here's your little smash guy right back at you!! :D . I've changed my view since my poor topic/word choices when I started here and have been pretty solid since. So run along and find a newer newbie to assault, cause this one's about done with it, no longer deserves it and won't stand for it. :D:D

Oh and here's to you getting off my back!!! :D

Man, he must be DRUNK. :D

I know it's blasphemy here...but Sundays are mostly family days. I'll check the scores online to see how my fantasy team is doing, we'll watch some of the Vikings/Packers and maybe a quarter of the Vikings here and there but my wife and daughter know they are more important to me than football.

:D

Was your wife watching you type this or something? You have my sympathies.

Watch a couple episodes of American Idol with her, i know i know, its like swallowing razor blades, but mine will usually watch the bengals with me and leaves me alone the rest of the day. she will even check scores for me since computer room has no tv. i basically watch her crap in the offseason so i dont miss a second of pigskin.

Edited by rcswildcat

I do all the cooking on Sundays. I feed her full of Bloody Mary's starting about an hour before gametime. She will watch the early game, then usually "takes a nap/sleeps it off" for the second games. Works like a charm. :D

Man, he must be DRUNK. :D

Alright I admit it you got me Fitz in my moment of weakness. I was wasted... :D

I have one of the "good wives". She KNOWS Sunday is a wasted relationship day. She does ask questions and tries to get into it but she loves me and knew going into the marriage what was going to happen..

She buys NFL gear for both of us-- Skimpy tanktop for her (pics available per request!!!)

Plus I get halftime sex.. TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!

I tell her to shut up, get the f in the kitchen and make me a goddam sammich.

Right about then is usually when the alarm clock goes off. :D

I have one of the "good wives". She KNOWS Sunday is a wasted relationship day. She does ask questions and tries to get into it but she loves me and knew going into the marriage what was going to happen..

She buys NFL gear for both of us-- Skimpy tanktop for her (pics available per request!!!)

Plus I get halftime sex.. TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.

About 6 years back or so, I was gettin' some sweet action during a Sunday. I notice Elam lining up to kick a FG - no biggie - and hear the words "63 yds"; I tell my wife, "hey this guy's gonna kick a record FG!"; she says, non-sarcastically, "oh, well we should stop and watch."

Kick is up, it's good, back to what we were doing.

I bought my wife some diamond earings a few years back when I won a big money league so always pull that card out when I am online researching or watching games. I even threw it out when I added the NFL Network to watch preseason games.

My buddies and I also included the wives in our Cardinals season ticket package. Hey, we need a designated driver to get us home safe after the game.

Punch her in the ovaries and tell her to get over it.*

*Advice coming from a guy who isn't married.

The question in our household is-how do you get your husband to let you watch football all day?

I'm in 6 fantasy football leagues, and commish one of them. I only leave the couch on Sundays to go to the kitchen or bathroom.

He gets a little irritated when we are invited out somewhere on Sundays, and I won't leave the house. He likes football, but not enough to watch it ALL DAY and EVENING.

I take the 3 kids and go out for the day. It is her day off to go do what ever she wants. Shoot she can have an affair for all I care. It is football season! beside what real man has time for an affair during football season on a Sunday. LOL.

:D