[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos possibly interested in T Jones

Jackass

one thing i will say about lelie...i always had the feeling his "one-dimensionality" was something essentially foisted on him by the broncos coaches and how they tried to use him. they sorta locked into the idea that he was their speed guy deep threat, and that's about it. i think he has the talent to develop into a more complete receiver if he were actually USED that way. he's not a terrible route-runner, by any stretch, and if anything his hands seem to be better on the shorter, quicker stuff than on the deep bombs.

he's worn out his welcome here though by being a whiny little bisch.

Do you suppose this 'mishandling' of him (for lack of a better term) might hae somethign to do with his holdout?

Do you suppose this 'mishandling' of him (for lack of a better term) might hae somethign to do with his holdout?

yeah, definitely. lelie is clearly frustrated at his role. i mean, in his mind, it's "they can't even use me right, so i don't get a real chance to prove myself, then they conclude I'M the problem and they have to go out and get TO or javon walker". i understand his frustration, but he's still being a whiny little dooosh and really hurting himself by holding out. he shoulda come into camp, catch 40-50 balls this season as the "deep guy" again, then get the best contract he can next year as a free agent. as it is, who's gonna want to pay, via trade OR free agency, for a whiny fast guy who thinks he deserves to be a #1 WR?

deangelo and the bears stated they have no interest in lelie and like what they are heading into the season with. this deal probably won't get done. personally, i think they should upgrade the wr's but i'm not sure lelie is the answer for them. more pressing is uprgrading the te position imo.

Can't see Denver picking up Jones at 2.5 mil over the next 2 season, especially considering the fact that he wants to be resigned at an elite level payday.

Shanny dumped Portis for that same reason... Why pick up TJones... He's nowhere near Portis' caliber with all due respect to Jones...

Can't see Denver picking up Jones at 2.5 mil over the next 2 season, especially considering the fact that he wants to be resigned at an elite level payday.

Shanny dumped Portis for that same reason... Why pick up TJones... He's nowhere near Portis' caliber with all due respect to Jones...

Very good point. That said though, look at it this way:

Dayne, Bell, and Anderson, in my opinion, are nowhere near Jones' caliber. Jones is PERFECT for that system; one cut and go. I think Denver's window is closing for a championship run, especially with them about to cut the strings from the Plummer experiment. Jones would add a lot for them and would make Plummer maybe that much better. Raiders are young, Chargers are young, and the Chiefs have given the Broncos trouble in the past. Denver would benefit vastly from this trade.

I still don't think it will happen.

Yup - would be awesome.

Um, no.

not drafting him in the 1st makes litle sense...

he was productive on the Bears....even semi-productive when they had no QB in 2004...

now he goes to Denver, the RB factory and has Ron Dayne and Tatum "Liberty" Bell behind him....I wouldn't worry much except for Bell coming in to spell every now and then or Dayne getting a few GL carries...

no more than when Portis was the starter...

one thing i will say about lelie...i always had the feeling his "one-dimensionality" was something essentially foisted on him by the broncos coaches and how they tried to use him. they sorta locked into the idea that he was their speed guy deep threat, and that's about it. i think he has the talent to develop into a more complete receiver if he were actually USED that way. he's not a terrible route-runner, by any stretch, and if anything his hands seem to be better on the shorter, quicker stuff than on the deep bombs.

he's worn out his welcome here though by being a whiny little bisch.

I kinda feel the same way about Lelie, but to the Bears, Lelie probably doesn't look much different than Bernard Berrian, their own "speed guy." That's why I don' think they'd make this deal.

I just don't see them shipping out TJ at all, at least until they see more of Benson in TC.