[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reuben Droughns Value?

Big Dogs

LeCharles Bentley - C, Cleveland Browns 07/27/06

Browns center LeCharles Bentley was carted off the field today following the first play of training camp with what appeared to be a serious injury. Later in the day General Manager Phil Savage confirmed that Bentley suffered a torn patellae tendon in his left knee and will miss the entire 2006 season. Surgery will be performed as early as Friday, July 28.

Huddle Up: No other way to analyze this than a big blow to the Browns' line. Bentley was considered one of the top offensive line free agent signings of this off-season. His absence will surely hinder any improvements in Cleveland's pass protection and running ability in 2006.

So what does this do to Droughns value as a RB with Bentley out. He was a hugh signing for Cleveland!! :D

I was looking at Droughns in the late 3rd or early 4th. How much does this make him slip???

I actually don't know that it changes his relative value to the other RB's in his tier all that much. Bentley's presence would have boosted Droughns numbers from last year somewhat. His absence now just means Droughns is back to where he left off IMHO... and that is a decent yardage producer with not too many TD's.

Edited by Savage Beatings

LeCharles Bentley - C, Cleveland Browns 07/27/06

Browns center LeCharles Bentley was carted off the field today following the first play of training camp with what appeared to be a serious injury. Later in the day General Manager Phil Savage confirmed that Bentley suffered a torn patellae tendon in his left knee and will miss the entire 2006 season. Surgery will be performed as early as Friday, July 28.

Huddle Up: No other way to analyze this than a big blow to the Browns' line. Bentley was considered one of the top offensive line free agent signings of this off-season. His absence will surely hinder any improvements in Cleveland's pass protection and running ability in 2006.

So what does this do to Droughns value as a RB with Bentley out. He was a hugh signing for Cleveland!! :D

I was looking at Droughns in the late 3rd or early 4th. How much does this make him slip???

Good question -- if you had to put a % on it would you look at it as a 10% decrease or less (more?)

Value?

I was reading some website this moring where a guy was defending his low ranking of Rubin and he asked the person calling him an idiot.... 'which of Rubin's two touchdowns last year was his favorate'

LOL!! :D Ok Good Point!

But as bad as he was last year on TD's he did still put up 1230 yards rushing and over 350 receving. Add to that the O-Line signings of Bentley and Shaffer, the only point I was trying to make was that he should have been able to put up better numbers this year especially on the TD side......

Part of my question is around the fact that maybe his value will drop enough that I could pick him up as my 3rd or 4th RB several rounds lower than where he was currently projected......The average yardage alone could make him a decent bye week filler???

Edited by Big Dogs

I no longer have him ahead of KJ or CTaylor....if he were even going to be ahead of them by the time I draft...

he drops from my top 15 area...probably 15 or 16th to around 19....

Yeah I never had him ahead of KJ or Taylor. I really think that offense is going to struggle again, especially early when Edwards is out. Droughns will likely see a lot of stacked fronts and not many TDs.

I really think last year's lack of TDs had to be a fluke .

When is the last time aplayer put up those kind of total yardage numbers and didn't score more than 2 TDs?

I still see Droughns as a good value as a late 3rd rounder.

Yeah I never had him ahead of KJ or Taylor. I really think that offense is going to struggle again, especially early when Edwards is out. Droughns will likely see a lot of stacked fronts and not many TDs.

Edwards is back practicing.

"BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Orange helmet in hand and wearing "I'M" on one wrist and "BACK" on the other, Braylon Edwards burst through the glass doors of Browns headquarters and sprinted onto the practice field as if it was an NFL Sunday.

For Edwards, it felt like one.

"This is the happiest I've ever been," Edwards said.

Cleveland's second-year wide receiver, who underwent knee surgery in January and wasn't expected to be ready to play in games until October, unexpectedly returned to practice for the first time with the Browns on Saturday.

Edwards tore the anterior cruciate ligament while trying to make a leaping catch against Jacksonville on Dec. 4, ending his rookie season and requiring him to undergo surgery on Jan. 3.

But just short of seven months into his rehab, more than two months before expected, Edwards is playing football again.

"I shouldn't be where I am," he said. "But I am."

Edwards thinks he might even be able to play in the Browns' season opener on Sept. 10 against New Orleans.

"It's looking real good," said Edwards, who attributed his quick comeback to hard work, youth and some good genes. "I think my body is a little different than anybody's. I do have a little something special."

Edwards said he would be "shocked" if he wasn't back to 100 percent by Oct. 1."

Edited by Randall

Edwards is back practicing.

"BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Orange helmet in hand and wearing "I'M" on one wrist and "BACK" on the other, Braylon Edwards burst through the glass doors of Browns headquarters and sprinted onto the practice field as if it was an NFL Sunday.

For Edwards, it felt like one.

"This is the happiest I've ever been," Edwards said.

Cleveland's second-year wide receiver, who underwent knee surgery in January and wasn't expected to be ready to play in games until October, unexpectedly returned to practice for the first time with the Browns on Saturday.

Edwards tore the anterior cruciate ligament while trying to make a leaping catch against Jacksonville on Dec. 4, ending his rookie season and requiring him to undergo surgery on Jan. 3.

But just short of seven months into his rehab, more than two months before expected, Edwards is playing football again.

"I shouldn't be where I am," he said. "But I am."

Edwards thinks he might even be able to play in the Browns' season opener on Sept. 10 against New Orleans.

"It's looking real good," said Edwards, who attributed his quick comeback to hard work, youth and some good genes. "I think my body is a little different than anybody's. I do have a little something special."

Edwards said he would be "shocked" if he wasn't back to 100 percent by Oct. 1."

I have a feeling he might be rushing it back to quick. There is something about this that I just don't like.