[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, who the Hell is Brady going to throw to?

PantherDave

I am too wondering about this situation, as I can keep Brady for cheap or a RB(droughns, who just lost Bentley) for cheap. Anyone got a coin? :D

Watson is a popular sleeper pick with good reason. The only problem with Patriot receivers is that Brady spreads the ball around so well. He does a great job of keeping everyone happy. Good for Pats, bad for opposing defenses and fantasy owners.

The Pats offensive scheme never relies on any player when passing and it always spreads the ball around. This year Givens is gone but Watson is expected to step up, Kevin Faulk is healthy and Laurence Maroney can catch as can Dillon. In a system where an offense pretty much uses the two WRs exclusively (like ARZ), then losing one of them makes a huge difference but in NE, it has much less impact by design.

Branch is important to get into camp, but realistically he has missed a lot of games in the past and the Pats were just fine.

Watson cannot block... Graham is one of the better blocking TE's in the league... Graham will play on running downs, Watson will be in on passing downs. I think you guys are a bit too high on him.

I don't think Master B will be that predictable....Grahams in their running.....Watson's in their passing :D

Edited by PantherDave

While Graham is the better bocker and Watson a better receiver, neither sucks at anything. Remember these guys were first round picks in back to back years. I could see Belichick lining up in two TE sets and passing 75% of the time out of that formation.

While Graham is the better bocker and Watson a better receiver, neither sucks at anything. Remember these guys were first round picks in back to back years. I could see Belichick lining up in two TE sets and passing 75% of the time out of that formation.

exactly...watson doesnt suck at blocking...in fact thats a reason he didnt blow up last year as a receiver...with dillon either out or playing gimpy, and starting a rookie at LT, they werent able to utilize watson the way they had hoped...had to keep him in to keep tom from getting killed(he still took a ton of hits)

yer exactly right...ton of two TE sets...graham is no slouch as a receiver either...especially if hes healthy...he was banged up alot last year...bad shoulder....but there arent many TE's in the league with the ability to take a TE screen to the house the way he did last year in atlanta...and he may be second to none as far as a blocking TE

caldwell already hooked up with tom on a nice deep ball today in the first session, beating ellis hobbs, whom many of us pats fan are very high on

and i dont think anyone is really worried about deion...brady even said a few weeks ago when the holdout rumors really began to circulate, that deion was probably the one guy on this team that could miss practices and it wouldnt effect anything....its not like deion is going to sit out the year...

heres toms quote regarding deion

“I think it’s important to be here, but at the same time, he’s working out and ready to go. I remember two years ago, he was hurt for half the year, after that Arizona game. He came back, against KC, and had [six] catches. So if there’s one guy who can just step on the field and play, it’s him. He’s probably our best player on offense.” –- Tom Brady on his level of concern regarding the absence of receiver Deion Branch (at the Patriots’ Charitable Golf Tournament, June 12, 2006).

heres toms quote regarding deion

“I think it’s important to be here, but at the same time, he’s working out and ready to go. I remember two years ago, he was hurt for half the year, after that Arizona game. He came back, against KC, and had [six] catches. So if there’s one guy who can just step on the field and play, it’s him. He’s probably our best player on offense.” –- Tom Brady on his level of concern regarding the absence of receiver Deion Branch (at the Patriots’ Charitable Golf Tournament, June 12, 2006).

reading this made me think of how Favre reacted to Javon walkers holdout last year. i think that was one instance where favre reacted in the wrong manner - that reaction basically forced his best receiver out of town.

reading this made me think of how Favre reacted to Javon walkers holdout last year. i think that was one instance where favre reacted in the wrong manner - that reaction basically forced his best receiver out of town.

yeah i hear you...i mean i think favre reacted in a manner which reflects who he is now...and tom did the same....i mean favre is a weathered guy now...twilight of his career and hes gone through some things...while tom is still a young, unmarried guy, who still goes out and bonds with his teammates...but i hear ya

Has Chad Jackson signed yet? I know rookie WR's typically don't make a big debut in terms of production... but it can happen, especially if the rest of the team's WR talent is mediocre.

chad jackson ... :D

Here's your answer PD. The guy's got a chance to play a significant role.

Popular sleeper = oxymoron :D

not really. Popular means people like him, and sleeper means is a sneaky player to have a good year. So all together you have a guy who people like to have a sneaky chance at having a good year.

For instance you could also have a Popular stud which would be a player that most people like as their #1 player at a certain position. L.J., SA. and LT2 are all popular studs as is Manning, S. Smith, Gates, etc.

There are other sleepers that may not be so popular such as TE- Zach Hilton, WRs- Chad Jackson, Drew Bennett, QB-Brooks, RB- marion Barber, etc.

Edited by irish

Favre forecd him out of town for one comment? That says a lot more about the mental acumen of Walker than anything about Favre. If that's how Walker thinks I'm glad he's gone.

It was one comment. If someone said something I didn't like and I quit my job and moved out of town because of it how would it make me look?

Favre forecd him out of town for one comment? That says a lot more about the mental acumen of Walker than anything about Favre. If that's how Walker thinks I'm glad he's gone.

It was one comment. If someone said something I didn't like and I quit my job and moved out of town because of it how would it make me look?

Reporter: So, Brett, what do you think of Javon holding out?

Brett: Well, uh, I understand but I wish he were here so that we can get on the same page and make another run at a Super Bowl.

Headline: FAVRE TELLS WALKER TO GET HIS ASS IN CAMP... OR ELSE!!!

Damn good point donkey.