[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis Injured

justin

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...ports-headlines

Injured hip flexor sets J. Lewis back

Running back placed on physically unable to perform list

By Edward Lee

Sun Reporter

Originally published July 28, 2006, 1:37 PM EDT

Ravens training camp opened with somewhat of a surprise as running back Jamal Lewis was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list due to an injured hip.

Lewis said he tweaked his left hip flexor during an offseason workout about two weeks ago. Lewis said he could've participated with the team at McDaniel College in Westminster, but both he and coach Brian Billick said the decision to delay his return was precautionary.

Lewis, who has been tabbed by Billick as the team's starting running back ahead of former Denver Bronco Mike Anderson, said he hoped to practice with the team by Monday.

Wide receiver Clarence Moore, who is recovering from surgery to repair a sports hernia, was also placed on the PUP list.

Just drafted PJ Daniels in my Dynasty league...the pick is starting to look better now....

Jamal is definitely on the downside of his career and I'm not sure Anderson has anything more than a year left in him because of his age...

Daniels will get his chance to show what he can do in August when competes for 3rd on the depth chart with Musa...he's a better back than Musa and should have a good chance to get on the field this year if injuries to the two starters persist.

Edited by Return Of S&B

More reason to stay away from Lewis. I had that guy last year, and Im telling you, he was TRASH! This is the year that Billick realizes what a mistake he has been making by continuing to play Lewis, and Anderson will start. Its just a matter of time.

More reason to stay away from Lewis. I had that guy last year, and Im telling you, he was TRASH! This is the year that Billick realizes what a mistake he has been making by continuing to play Lewis, and Anderson will start. Its just a matter of time.

sorta like McGahee?

sorta like McGahee?

Easy killer. I think if we poll here, 99% of people here will choose McGahee over JLewis. McGahee had 1300 yards last year. The OL held him back. Jamal held himself back.

Dont jump down the throat of someone giving an opinion that was based on facts.

Easy killer. I think if we poll here, 99% of people here will choose McGahee over JLewis. McGahee had 1300 yards last year. The OL held him back. Jamal held himself back.

McGahee any day over Jamal. Those purple glasses make it easy to confuse PUP Jamal with 2003 cracked-out Jamal.

The fact remains that he killed his owners as well, due to his draft position and terrible production. My point is that Jamal will surprise this year, but you can't seem to let go of last year and how he killed YOUR team. :D

The fact remains that he killed his owners as well, due to his draft position and terrible production. My point is that Jamal will surprise this year, but you can't seem to let go of last year and how he killed YOUR team. :D

McGahee might have dissappointed, and Im fine with that. I know that he isnt the one who doesnt TRY to play. Lewis was in a contract year, and if he REALLY wanted to make a ton o cash, he would have tried REALLY hard to play. And if thats trying hard for him, Id hate to see him perform now that he has his contract.

Your a Ravens fan. Im shocked you are still supporting this guy when you have a stud like Anderson that will easily perform once Lewis gets hurt. And what do you know... he is already on the PUP.