[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleeper pick at lb

I don't play in any IDP leagues but a name to file away would be Angelo Crowell. He replaced Takeo Spikes last year after injury. He is currently the starting strong side backer in camp. He should continue to start when Spikes comes back on the opposite side.

He's a playmaker with speed and is good in space. He can rush the passer as well.

Don't know his value in a draft but remember the name if you need a sleeper pick.

Per KFFL:

Bills | Spikes starting at strong-side linebacker

Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:57:18 -0700

Updating previous reports, Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes (Achilles') will be the starting strong-side linebacker when healthy and not at the weak side, as originally reported.

Just picked him up in my IDP dynasty league off of post-draft waivers for a buck. I'm not sure whether he'll warrant being started, but he provides some decent depth for my roster.

Simmons was probably the better pickup for you. Things may not be too good for Thurman this year.

Per KFFL:

Bills | Spikes starting at strong-side linebacker

Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:57:18 -0700

Updating previous reports, Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes (Achilles') will be the starting strong-side linebacker when healthy and not at the weak side, as originally reported.

Wow. That's definitely big news. Good for anyone who held onto (or picked up) Crowell, hoping for this to happen. I guess it could still change in TC, but Crowell's value just went from about zero to very high.

Wow. That's definitely big news. Good for anyone who held onto (or picked up) Crowell, hoping for this to happen. I guess it could still change in TC, but Crowell's value just went from about zero to very high.

Because he doesn't have the tightend to deal with and is more free to make plays and rush the passer?

I thought this was going to be a thread where everyone posts their LB sleepers - in that regard let me throw one out there

DeMeco Ryans - Texan MLB's usually post solid numbers

"Texans rookie DeMeco Ryans appears likely to start at MLB for Houston this season.

Wali Rainer is out for the year and Sam Cowart is never healthy. Ryans has impressed Houston brass all off-season with his intelligent approach, much like Lofa Tatupu in Seattle last season. Any dynasty leaguers who drafted him this summer should be thrilled.

Source: Houston Chronicle"

from roto

I thought this was going to be a thread where everyone posts their LB sleepers - in that regard let me throw one out there

DeMeco Ryans - Texan MLB's usually post solid numbers

"Texans rookie DeMeco Ryans appears likely to start at MLB for Houston this season.

Wali Rainer is out for the year and Sam Cowart is never healthy. Ryans has impressed Houston brass all off-season with his intelligent approach, much like Lofa Tatupu in Seattle last season. Any dynasty leaguers who drafted him this summer should be thrilled.

Source: Houston Chronicle"

from roto

I pulled Ryans this past rookie draft and hoped he'd give me some contribution this season since I let Donnie Edwards go in free agency and Thurman is now doing his thing. I'd like to keep seeing any information you have on him this pre-season so that I can decide on his Taxi squad status starting the year. My other linebackers are: Ray Lewis, Cato June, Odell Thurman, Shelton Quarles, and Derek Smith. Also drafted Jon Alston, but doubt he'll be a contributor this year.

Nope Crowell won't be a quality starter until Takeo is injured or retires. Crowell is a good LB, but isn't a sleeper unless you're in a dynasty.

I dont know. I'd say Crowell all ready is a quality fantasy starter and from everything I understand he'll play a lot at the WS. Like, he'll start. He scored 380 points in my league last year which is in the top 30LB. I see no reason why he doesnt do that again this year. He's talented and young. I wouldnt even call him a sleeper. I'd say he's on par with Mia LB C. Crowder.

And I do like Hou LB Ryans.

Here's my choice for some LB sleepers.

NO LB A. Fincher: Looks like he could very well get the MLB job, he's only like 23, not the most talented guy but I'd definitely say top 20 potential at one point in his career. Another problem might be if he's only a two down backer. They could use someone else in the Nickel.

Oak LB T. Howard: Slated to start at the WLB. A rookie, super fast, great athlete, all knocks against him are about his football iq. But he's an outside lb. I think it wont be a problem and he might push his way into the top 40. Better rookie than Wimbley, Carpenter, Macintosh, Lawson, and Simms IMO. (Simms only because of his size and health concerns, and Lawson only because of his team and defensive scheme.)

Car LB T. Davis: Moving back to LB after being tried at SS. LB is his original position and if you've ever seen this guy play, its somthing special. He's not prototypical but will probably be used in so many spots and for things LB's arnt usually used for. Fantastic athlete and tackler. He could one day be elite. And even though he's playing the SLB, I think he has the ability to overcome the position disadvantage as far as fantasy is concerned. Mostly because of how he'll be used and his talents.

TB LB B. Ruud: He's going to sit behind MLB Quarles when the season starts. Quarles is 34, coming off a career year, after some years of mediocrity. He's old, not sure about Quarles's durability either. But there's no doubt Ruud is the future TB MLB, and we might get to see some of him this season.

Cin LB A. Brooks: Been called a "super freak". Picked him up in suplemental draft. He is a monster. Not sure about all his problems exactly, but has the physical tools at least to be elite MLB. He's huge. 6-4. 255lbs. And not slow most of the time, all though thats been debated at some combines. With Thurmon's problems and missed time he might get a chance at one point. Opted out of rookie draft, probably would have been a top 3lb taken in 05.

GB LB A. Hodge: Competing for MLB. If he starts at MLB could produce very nice numbers. Hawk is the better talent. But whoever has the middle has an advantage. Not sure if he'd play 3rd downs though.

Det LB E. Simms: Small size, injury problems, outstanding talent. Would have been drafted higher had it not been for those concerns. But he's getting the starting job in Detroit.

SF LB M. Lawson: A lot like Howard with less of the mental issues. Outstanding talent. Slated to start OLB, but in a 3-4 D. In SF. Great Dynasty guy though. Might produce well this season for what he could.

PHI LB McCoy: Late 2nd round selection in 05 is starting at WSL. In philly that doesn't bode as well for fantasy numbers as on most other teams. However he'll probably get to play 3 downs and has the ability to be very solid.

Hope this helps some of you.

I wouldn't consider Ryans a sleeper. He was one of the top rookie LB prospects.

Hodge, James Anderson, Ahmad Brooks are definitely sleepers but Hodge won't be for long.

Edited by Randall