[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATL WR Finneran

Bronco Billy

link

Falcons | Finneran to have an MRI within 24 hours

Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:32:08 -0700

Michael Oldham, of AtlantaFalcons.com, reports Atlanta Falcons WR Brian Finneran (knee) is expected to undergo an MRI on his injured right knee within 24 hours. "Once we look at the film we'll probably see it was more of a non-contact injury than anything," Falcons head coach Jim Mora said following practice Sunday evening, July 30. "Sometimes you plant and your knee gives. It looks like it's serious, but we're going to wait until we get the MRI done to just confirm it." "We'll hope for the best, but I'm not overly optimistic," Mora added.

Paging Lelie, Mr. Ashley Lelie. Finneran was the only WR on ATL with more than 36 catches. An ATL 3rd rounder ought to do the job...

I heard that the injury was caused by pure shock that Michael Vick actually completed a pass to Finneran. Probably just a rumor though.

:D

:D:D:D

link

Falcons | Finneran to have an MRI within 24 hours

Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:32:08 -0700

Michael Oldham, of AtlantaFalcons.com, reports Atlanta Falcons WR Brian Finneran (knee) is expected to undergo an MRI on his injured right knee within 24 hours. "Once we look at the film we'll probably see it was more of a non-contact injury than anything," Falcons head coach Jim Mora said following practice Sunday evening, July 30. "Sometimes you plant and your knee gives. It looks like it's serious, but we're going to wait until we get the MRI done to just confirm it." "We'll hope for the best, but I'm not overly optimistic," Mora added.

Paging Lelie, Mr. Ashley Lelie. Finneran was the only WR on ATL with more than 36 catches. An ATL 3rd rounder ought to do the job...

Just got back from Falcons camp. Not sure if I mentioned it but Mora saw some of my posts on the Huddle and invited me down to work out with their receivers. "Finneran is toast, and I saw your rankings of RBs to take late in the 3rd round of a 12 team redraft league, and said what the hell, let's give this kid a shot." So I ran some drills for a few hours this morning; the coaches said my routes were crisp and they were impressed that I was able to avoid being jammed at the line of scrimmage, even by their starting DBs. The only problem was Vick kept throwing these little 5 yard dumpoffs to Crumpler, even when I was wide open downfield. So they told Crumpler to take five. I thought that would help, but Vick just looked confused and kept trying to run it himself. When he had nowhere to run, he'd either fumble, throw it out of bounds, or to a DB. That was actually pretty cool though, because DeAngelo Hall has these really cool celebration dances he does after he returns an interception for a TD. I got to see 7 different variations.

So despite a solid effort, unfortunately I didn't get to "catch" any passes today. Toward the end of the workout I suggested maybe Schaub should take a few snaps and they all looked at me funny, like I just farted or something, and didn't say anything. Mora thanked me for coming out and said he'd let me know...

Just got back from Falcons camp. Not sure if I mentioned it but Mora saw some of my posts on the Huddle and invited me down to work out with their receivers. "Finneran is toast, and I saw your rankings of RBs to take late in the 3rd round of a 12 team redraft league, and said what the hell, let's give this kid a shot." So I ran some drills for a few hours this morning; the coaches said my routes were crisp and they were impressed that I was able to avoid being jammed at the line of scrimmage, even by their starting DBs. The only problem was Vick kept throwing these little 5 yard dumpoffs to Crumpler, even when I was wide open downfield. So they told Crumpler to take five. I thought that would help, but Vick just looked confused and kept trying to run it himself. When he had nowhere to run, he'd either fumble, throw it out of bounds, or to a DB. That was actually pretty cool though, because DeAngelo Hall has these really cool celebration dances he does after he returns an interception for a TD. I got to see 7 different variations.

So despite a solid effort, unfortunately I didn't get to "catch" any passes today. Toward the end of the workout I suggested maybe Schaub should take a few snaps and they all looked at me funny, like I just farted or something, and didn't say anything. Mora thanked me for coming out and said he'd let me know...

:D Where was Schaub?

Next time try telling Mora to put the real QB on the field. :D

I think Lelie will be an Eagle...not a Falcon...

and I really don't want him to be an Eagle....but honestly, the Falcons still have Jenkins and White.....Finneran is their #3 at best....

too bad Porter is pretty much untradable right now...I would love to see him on a new team and see how he fares...

but honestly, the Falcons still have Jenkins and White.....Finneran is their #3 at best....

:D

Jenkins & White combined to catch exactly 15 more passes combined than Finneran did by himself last year. How exactly does that translate to Finneran being a #3 WR?