[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bronco camp news 7-31

Bronco Billy

link

The team went through a field-goal period and did some 7-on-7 and 9-on-7 work, but the highlights were move-the-ball drills during the team period. Receiver Javon Walker looked sharp, including a touchdown reception between cornerback Darrent Williams and strong safety Nick Ferguson . . .

Radio reports had the TD catch as a spectacular 1 handed grab between the 2 defenders. Walker apparently was so excited that he got very demonstrative after the TD, and Rod Smith walked over and reminded him not to show up defenders after making a play like that.

Tatum Bell, who has been going down on first contact too much through the first four days, struggled in short yardage in the red zone, getting tackled by defensive end John Engelberger and fumbling on a hit by defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban . . .

T Bell isn’t backing up all the running of his mouth during the offseason & minicamps about how everyone knew he was the man and how frustrated he was to be behind Dayne on the depth chart depite his opinion of himself that he is a great full-time RB.

Tight end Stephen Alexander leaped over D.J. Williams to grab a high pass in the end zone from backup quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt . . . Running back Mike Bell followed two excellent days by taking some big hits from Demetrin Veal and Gerard Warren and also losing a fumble. . . . The afternoon practice was devoted to special teams.

A couple of more bits. M Bell returns to Earth after having some great runs in camp.

link

The team went through a field-goal period and did some 7-on-7 and 9-on-7 work, but the highlights were move-the-ball drills during the team period. Receiver Javon Walker looked sharp, including a touchdown reception between cornerback Darrent Williams and strong safety Nick Ferguson . . .

Radio reports had the TD catch as a spectacular 1 handed grab between the 2 defenders. Walker apparently was so excited that he got very demonstrative after the TD, and Rod Smith walked over and reminded him not to show up defenders after making a play like that.

Tatum Bell, who has been going down on first contact too much through the first four days, struggled in short yardage in the red zone, getting tackled by defensive end John Engelberger and fumbling on a hit by defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban . . .

T Bell isn’t backing up all the running of his mouth during the offseason & minicamps about how everyone knew he was the man and how frustrated he was to be behind Dayne on the depth chart depite his opinion of himself that he is a great full-time RB.

Tight end Stephen Alexander leaped over D.J. Williams to grab a high pass in the end zone from backup quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt . . . Running back Mike Bell followed two excellent days by taking some big hits from Demetrin Veal and Gerard Warren and also losing a fumble. . . . The afternoon practice was devoted to special teams.

A couple of more bits. M Bell returns to Earth after having some great runs in camp.

I think Walker has a huge year, assuming "the mistake" can actually get him the ball.

Not surprised about Bell, he is so overrated and I won't touch him even if it is the last pick in any fantasy draft.

Because of one thread? Or a culmination of new news? I still think it is too early to count him out...

I think it has more to do with Bell's tough talk during the offseason combined with a supposed gain of weight/strength - yet what we have seen so far is consistent with what we have seen from Bell in his previous 2 years. In fact, if he were able to miss a couple of weeks with a hang nail, he'd be perfectly consistent.

link

The team went through a field-goal period and did some 7-on-7 and 9-on-7 work

Why don't we get reports when they start doing 11 on 11, against other teams?

Otherwise this is mindless noodling of newspaper employees justifying the motel rate and per diem they're getting while at training camp.

If we're voting, I say Dayne starts.

Seriously?? am not that up to date on Den. RBBC and candied yamse- but from what I saw of Bell last year he looked great, and had the makings of a nice NFL back- wtph is Shanny's problem?? aren't going anywhere with Dayne as your #1 back.

Why don't we get reports when they start doing 11 on 11, against other teams?

Otherwise this is mindless noodling of newspaper employees justifying the motel rate and per diem they're getting while at training camp.

:D

LMAO @ DEN beat writers getting paid motel rates & per diem to cover in-town training camp in Denver!

am not that up to date on Den.

LMAOEM! That's pretty obvious. Go read the Fantasy University stuff about Bell and Dayne (you'll have to look in "Best of the Rest" for Dayne). That would be a good place to start. Then use the search function to pick up some additional info.

LMAO @ DEN beat writers getting paid motel rates & per diem to cover in-town training camp in Denver!

That's a general comment regarding these training camp posts. If Brian Finneran busts out a knee, that's a story worth talking about. If Javon Walker makes a one handed grab in a passing drill, that's a waste of everyone's time.

That's a general comment regarding these training camp posts. If Brian Finneran busts out a knee, that's a story worth talking about. If Javon Walker makes a one handed grab in a passing drill, that's a waste of everyone's time.

Maybe to you. But if a potential top WR who was involved in a huge draft day trade & is recovering from a blown-out knee is making spectacular catches in full contact drills less than 1 year after being hurt, some of us are interested in getting that information. Sorry if it offends you at a FF message board. Maybe you should check the knitting forum until the regular season starts.

Seriously?? am not that up to date on Den. RBBC and candied yamse- but from what I saw of Bell last year he looked great, and had the makings of a nice NFL back- wtph is Shanny's problem?? aren't going anywhere with Dayne as your #1 back.

Well in the first game last year Anderson was hurt and Bell couldn't punch it in up close. Bell was a good change of pace back, but can't become the #1.

Not when he's comng back from a torn ACL. The interest isn't what he did with his hands as much as running routes and scoring. He looks ahead of schedule.

LMAOEM! That's pretty obvious. Go read the Fantasy University stuff about Bell and Dayne (you'll have to look in "Best of the Rest" for Dayne). That would be a good place to start. Then use the search function to pick up some additional info.

thanks Billy!- effing smart ass- I was looking for a knowledgeable Den fan for a quick answer- but I guess that is too much for ya. I probably won't make it over to Fantasy U jerkyboy because I won't be anywhere near this RBBC Shanny likes to toy with each year. good luck with Dayne though- should be a nice year for your 'COS.

Edited by wildcat2334

Maybe to you. But if a potential top WR who was involved in a huge draft day trade & is recovering from a blown-out knee is making spectacular catches in full contact drills less than 1 year after being hurt, some of us are interested in getting that information. Sorry if it offends you at a FF message board. Maybe you should check the knitting forum until the regular season starts.

You bore me.

Not when he's comng back from a torn ACL. The interest isn't what he did with his hands as much as running routes and scoring. He looks ahead of schedule.

Perhaps. I'd rather wait until he tries to do this against another team.

thanks Billy!- effing smart ass- I was looking for a knowledgeable Den fan for a quick answer- but I guess that is too much for ya. I probably won't make it over to Fantasy U jerkyboy because I won't be anywhere near this RBBC Shanny likes to toy with each year. good luck with Dayne though- should be a nice year for your 'COS.

When you post strong comments with the preface that you admittedly don't know what you're talking about, what exactly do you expect?

Seriously - do a little research here. There's plenty of opportunity to do so without people having to drag the whole Dayne/Bell situation out yet again on this thread just because you're too lazy to make even a modicum of effort on your own behalf.