[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A new Chester Taylor thread...

Avernus

Here is the intersting thing. I actually do like Taylor. The guy has skills. He has potential.

I'm not even sure why I am down on him. But I have been playing this game for about 15 years, and after all that time I can almost smell a bust. I can't even define it.

Maybe it is the fact that he couldn't push Lewis aside in Baltimore. Maybe it is the fact that he has been in what I consider probably a negative situation in Baltimore for the first part of his career, and I perceive him to possibly be part of the problem. Maybe it is the fact that he has not proven that he can stay on the field as much as necessary to be a force in fantasy football. Maybe it is because there are other talented runners in the lineup. Maybe all of these things.

I just don't know what is, but I have a bad feeling about Taylor. I know he SHOULD be good. I know he COULD be good. But my instincts are telling me to avoid him, and they have the final say.

If I am in a flex league where I only have to start one RB, I am maybe taking a chance on Taylor in the 3rd round. (unless the relentless hype machine moves him up the ladder by draft time) But I am probably not counting on him to be my RB2 unless I am sure I can get another decent back in rounds 5-6.

I'm not totally off this guy, but I do consider it riskier than most, and not the iron clad lock that some seem to suggest.

see...this is what I like to see....you have some insight and you shared it....instead of your previous remark...

he is a tremendous risk...and in a league RB whore's you would be lucky to land him late in the 2nd....

but I will likely take him in the 3rd....on the chance he will be a bust.....he's by no means a top 10 back...not yet anyways...

but I will target him in the 3rd....maybe 4th, because my local pans out like this...so I can get gates, a stud RB and WR before grabbing him.....and then maybe even KJ....because nobody likes him or the Lions....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took him with the 2.10 in a sixteen team ppr league. I got Portis at the 1.7 and all tier 1 WR's were gone and the RB crop was Jamal, Droughns, Chester, and FWP. My instincts were FWP doesn't get the looks at the goal line, I had Jamal last year and I just don't feel good about him, and Droughns will get a lot of touches which you want from RB2 but they lost Bentley and I felt Droughns upside was fairly limited. I went Taylor because they have a fairly soft schedule after the first few weeks, he will catch passes, and he could be huge. I felt I needed that to win my league.

Wise choice my friend. Wise choice. He likely wouldnt have been there next pick, and I like him over all those you named. :D

see...this is what I like to see....you have some insight and you shared it....instead of your previous remark...

I prefer to be paid for insight. The sarcasm is free all day every day. :D

I just took him with the 2.10 in a sixteen team ppr league. I got Portis at the 1.7 and all tier 1 WR's were gone and the RB crop was Jamal, Droughns, Chester, and FWP. My instincts were FWP doesn't get the looks at the goal line, I had Jamal last year and I just don't feel good about him, and Droughns will get a lot of touches which you want from RB2 but they lost Bentley and I felt Droughns upside was fairly limited. I went Taylor because they have a fairly soft schedule after the first few weeks, he will catch passes, and he could be huge. I felt I needed that to win my league.

out of the RB's you mentioned, I have CTaylor in a whole tier above them...yet only one slot above because Droughns has 2 injured OLinemen right now...bentley and someone else....

I considered Droughns ahead of Taylor and took that back.....

let me see where I am at right now....in a PPR

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. SA

4. Tiki

5. Portis

6. RBrown

7. Caddy

8. LJ2

9. SJax

10. KJ (sips the koolaid)

11. Westy

12. Edge

13. CTaylor

14. Rudi

15. Droughns

Guest ksu70

out of the RB's you mentioned, I have CTaylor in a whole tier above them...yet only one slot above because Droughns has 2 injured OLinemen right now...bentley and someone else....

I considered Droughns ahead of Taylor and took that back.....

let me see where I am at right now....in a PPR

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. SA

4. Tiki

5. Portis

6. RBrown

7. Caddy

8. LJ2

9. SJax

10. KJ (sips the koolaid)

11. Westy

12. Edge

13. CTaylor

14. Rudi

15. Droughns

Looks about right to me. Where is the avy? Looking for a new one?

Guest ksu70

I have an avy....you don't see it?

I don't know what the problem is, there is just an x. I remember your last one but there isn't anything there right now. :D

I don't know what the problem is, there is just an x. I remember your last one but there isn't anything there right now. :D

I see the same red x, and dont tell me to clear my cache. :D

Not to sound wierd or anything, but you havent had one for quite some time. I guess YOURE the one using the cached one.

:D

Edited by peepinmofo

he is a tremendous risk...and in a league RB whore's you would be lucky to land him late in the 2nd....

but I will likely take him in the 3rd....on the chance he will be a bust.....he's by no means a top 10 back...not yet anyways...

but I will target him in the 3rd....maybe 4th, because my local pans out like this...so I can get gates, a stud RB and WR before grabbing him.....and then maybe even KJ....because nobody likes him or the Lions....

KJones and Taylor have been going early 3rd round in the IBL currently. Sometimes Taylor first, sometimes KJ, but very often on back to back picks.

Edited by MikesVikes

KJones and Taylor have been going early 3rd round in the IBL currently. Sometimes Taylor first, sometimes KJ, but usually between those two backs.

best bet is to flip a coin at this point...

I have finally put KJ ahead of taylor....but I think that I am lying to myself....

I really feel Taylor will outperform him fantasy-wise...

I myself picked Taylor (3.04) and KJ was the next pick. I have to see for myself if Jones is playing in a system that suits him. I do think he has the more talent between the two. Don't forget that Steven Jackson is going sooner because Martz isn't around. Martz is around KJ. How can you not move him down if Jackson is moved up?