[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashaun Woods Cut

Ground Chuck

As far as WR busts go, Terrell has to be the biggest given that he was the first selected and never did much of anything but be a problem. Soward was absolutely worthless as was Woods but both were deep first round picks. Terrell was supposed to be a difference maker.

Terrell ranks right up there with #2 overall Charles Rogers (Injuries/Work ethic), #4 overall Peter Warrick (Injuries/Overhype), #4 overall Desmond Howard (SB MVP/ Not much of a WR) and both #10 overall picks I present you with JJ Stokes and Travis Taylor.... of course Travis did play in Baltimore !!!....Being a Bear fan and taking the Terrell pick personally, I have to give him my vote!!!!

Heh, David Terrell. I remember how Belichick was villified on the Patriots MB for not taking him and drafting Richard Seymor instead.

:D Boy was I wrong about him.

Same here. He was as dominant in college as Roy Williams - and I saw him being capable of having a very good pro career. It's amazing how some guys just don't have a transfer of what appears to be world-class talent to the next level.

BTW - my pick for huge 1st round WR bust: Marcus Nash. :hurl:

Edited by Bronco Billy

Same here. He was as dominant in college as Roy Williams - and I saw him being capable of having a very good pro career. It's amazing how some guys just don't have a transfer of what appears to be world-class talent to the next level.

BTW - my pick for huge 1st round WR bust: Marcus Nash. :hurl:

Man did you call it. He was a huge bust, but the last pick in the 1st round. Later Shanny even said that was a little bit of a reach.

I hope this doesn't sound too homer, but I don't think you can totally focus this on Woods. He just didn't fit in.

With the emergance of Vincent Jackson, who could be special, and the other WRs on the roster, Woods never really had much of a chance unless he was SPECTACULAR form the git go.

The WR corps of the Chargers is expected to do more than just run and catch in that system. It takes a while to learn, and if you are not capable of contributing in a big way on ST, you don't have much of a chance.

I think AJ made this move on a flyer, and as a way of cutting cap space quickly (Davis for Woods trade) and I think they cut him so soon so that he could hook up with another team during camps.

The Chargers WR corps is not the best in the league, but this year should surprise a few people. REMEMBER Vincent Jackson in your later rounds people, he has been VERY impressive so far!