[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders | Willing to let Porter walk

Avernus

"The Patriots have reportedly offered Deion Branch a multi-year contract worth $5-6 million annually.

Impact: Branch, who held out of voluntary minicamps, is thought to be looking for $12 million guaranteed. Branch's agent argues his client was coerced into signing an unfavorable rookie deal in 2002, thus putting both sides on disagreeable terms. If Branch continues his holdout throughout camp, he could lose up to $630,000."

5-6 million a year for a 5'9 receiver isn't too bad IMHO.

Edited by Crazysight

As a Raider fan I always liked Porter, he definetly has talent. But with Curry & Grabiel more than ready to step in I wouldn't mind seeing him go, as long as we got some thing for him.

In a perfect world Al would talk to San Fran about TE Eric Johnson. Nothing better for a aging (Brooks) or young up and comming (Walters) QB to have than a solid TE when in trouble.

As a Raider fan I always liked Porter, he definetly has talent. But with Curry & Grabiel more than ready to step in I wouldn't mind seeing him go, as long as we got some thing for him.

In a perfect world Al would talk to San Fran about TE Eric Johnson. Nothing better for a aging (Brooks) or young up and comming (Walters) QB to have than a solid TE when in trouble.

You are aware that Curry has now torn an Achilles Tendon on three, that's right, three seperate occasions?

If I were Shell, I wouldn't be very comfortable going into the season relying on Curry.

Yep, I was right. He tore it in 1999.

Don't know if it's a good thing or not, but it was his right Achilles tendon in College.

It's always been the left Achilles tendon in the Pros.

Latest: Tuesday August 15, 2000 02:07 PM

Healed Heel

North Carolina's Ronald Curry is rebounding from a torn Achilles

By Ivan Maisel

Until last week North Carolina junior quarterback Ronald Curry had not seen the final play of his 1999 season, the one on which he tore his right Achilles tendon and put one of the most anticipated athletic careers in Tar Heels history on hold.But on Aug. 10, 10 months and one day after the injury and shortly after Curry had finished the first full practice of his postsurgical life, he sat in a chair on the second floor of the Kenan Football Center and watched the play intently.

Last Oct. 9, in its fifth game of the season, North Carolina led Georgia Tech 7-0 with a little more than 13 minutes to go in the second quarter. Facing second-and-six on his own 15, Curry, then a sophomore, faked a handoff and rolled right on a naked bootleg. Yellow Jackets defensive end Greg Gathers, who had not bit on the fake, came straight upfield toward Curry. "I was looking to throw," says Curry, who had started four games as a freshman. "The coverage was tight. I wanted to eat the ball." Just as Gathers began to wrap him up, Curry took a slight hop to his right, as if he were barefoot and had stepped on something sharp. "It felt like it was going before I got hit," Curry says of the tendon. Gathers knocked Curry flat, then got up. Curry didn't.

"It wasn't a sudden thing," says Curry of his injury. "The tendon had been bothering me since 11th grade. I'm happy that the tear happened so early in my career, rather than my senior year. Now I've got two years to perform instead of playing in pain."

sportsillustrated.cnn.com