[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bennett dealt to Chiefs

Raider.Nation

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New Orleans Saints have traded RB Michael Bennett to the Kansas City Chiefs for what is believed to be a future draft choice. Paperwork must still be filed with the NFL office and the deal is contingent on Bennett passing a Chiefs' physical exam.

Why isn't KC trading for an OT? Surely the future pick is conditional on his playing time ... and surely its not much more than a 5th or 6th rounder...

...crimeny... Carl Peterson drives me nuts some times...

NOR really made out well for holding onto a guy for about six months that they picked up for peanuts... Nicely done.

PS - If there was any doubt about Holmes's neck, now there isn't.

It's rumored the Saints plan to use the pick to trade for Donnie Edwards or an OT. Either one would be an upgrade for us. :D

If the Saints could somehow swing a deal to pick up Donnie Edwards for a garbage draft choice like this surely will turn out to be! Cheers! As an AFC west rival of the Chargers I would love it. But I just don't see it happening.

Herm Edwards said on NFL Total Access that he plans to run the ball 550+ times this year. Could that mean Bennett might have some Fantasy value this year?

He could be used as Bush will be or Tatum Bell was last year.

BAM! Kickin' it up a notch for my team. :D

I just picked him up on the free agency list for my league. Hey, you never know what could happen in today's NFL, and IF L.J. somehow gets injured (along with Holmes not playing) then this could be the next big thing. :D

The Chiefs got a capable backup for peanuts, they didn't overpay. Bennett isn't worth no 4th rounder. I'm surprised they didn't pony up more earlier since they probably knew Priest wasn't coming back. A bit risky for a team that runs so much, but it worked out for the best for them

I had Michael Bennett as a free keeper going into this season in a keeper league of mine. Hopefully I'll be able to deal him for something decent for the LJ owner. Or, better yet, a big injury to LJ in the preseason.

I almost feel bad hoping for a serious injury to a player, just for my own personal gain in a fantasy football league...

I had Michael Bennett as a free keeper going into this season in a keeper league of mine. Hopefully I'll be able to deal him for something decent for the LJ owner. Or, better yet, a big injury to LJ in the preseason.

I almost feel bad hoping for a serious injury to a player, just for my own personal gain in a fantasy football league...

Wow, I never actually thought about it like that. :D