[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona's New Stadium

spain

Drove by this stadium not 3 weeks ago. It is really nice. Kind of reminds me of a Hermet Crab shell, but nice anyway. It's is really out in the middle of nowhere. People are going to have to drive friggin forever to get to it.

The stadium is amazing!

I'm w/ the company, Insight, that designed the entire internal network for the stadium. The technology going into this stadium will be above anything else out there. It's HUGE! I can't wait to go to the Chiefs and Seahawks game this year! The tickets were tough to get, and aren't cheap!

I'll be putting up a whole bunch of photo's from the Aug. 12th Steelers/Cards game. They sold out the stadium so there will be a lot of Red and White throughout the stadium. Love 'em or hate 'em, it will be a great time to watch a NFL game.

The stadium is amazing!

I'm w/ the company, Insight, that designed the entire internal network for the stadium. The technology going into this stadium will be above anything else out there. It's HUGE! I can't wait to go to the Chiefs and Seahawks game this year! The tickets were tough to get, and aren't cheap!

Why are the Chiefs and Seahags playing in Arizona? :D

They even managed to sell it out - - for this year at least. We'll see if the charm wears off next year and then drop down to Sun Devil Stadium type numbers. I haven't been in the stadium, but a buddy has and he wasn't that impressed. Apparently the sky boxes are done in the fashion of a locker room. There are actual lockers in them and no ceiling showing exposed pipes, etc. He didn't think much of it. But hey, it's got to be 100 times better than the stadium in Tempe. I may go to a game next year when tickets are available just to check it out...

I'll be putting up a whole bunch of photo's from the Aug. 12th Steelers/Cards game. They sold out the stadium so there will be a lot of Red and White throughout the stadium. Love 'em or hate 'em, it will be a great time to watch a NFL game.

Awesome man, I look forward to seeing these. I am really trying to see if I can make it there for the Bears/Cardinals game but for me as a college student, that at this point seems unlikely. I can dream though....

not really a dome, it's got a retractable roof.

The idea of having a roof at all is stupid to me. If fans in the north can deal with freezing temps, snow, driving rainstorms, fog, etc, then AZ fans can handle what, sunny and 100 degrees at worst? And doesn't it cool off by October? I always hated the GA Dome too. Not only is it ugly but again the dome is unnecessary.

The idea of having a roof at all is stupid to me. If fans in the north can deal with freezing temps, snow, driving rainstorms, fog, etc, then AZ fans can handle what, sunny and 100 degrees at worst? And doesn't it cool off by October? I always hated the GA Dome too. Not only is it ugly but again the dome is unnecessary.

It's still pretty hot through September and into October. Night games in an open stadium become tolerable, but having day games can still be pretty brutal, just ask the Sun Devils and Trojans about last years game they played at around 1:00 in the afternoon for ABC - that was some kinda hot. Plus there's nothing pretty about 63,000 sun burns! I went to a Cardinals / Seahawks afternoon game a few years back at Sun Devil Stadium, sat 1st row in the endzone, and the on field temp was around 120 degrees. We left at halftime because the Seahawks were nearly up by 120 at that time too...D Jax carried my fantasy squad that week! :-)

You don't know what your talking about. For years Arizona did not have a home game to open the season because it's just too damn hot. It's 100+ with a little humidity right now. At the beginning of July it was 113. Imagine what it would be like in the field! It starts to cool off in Nov. October is still high 90's. They definitely needed a roof on this puppy.

You don't know what your talking about. For years Arizona did not have a home game to open the season because it's just too damn hot. It's 100+ with a little humidity right now. At the beginning of July it was 113. Imagine what it would be like in the field! It starts to cool off in Nov. October is still high 90's. They definitely needed a roof on this puppy.

Boo hoo. I've been to tailgates at the Meadowlands and Philly in subzero wind chills. People get there at 8AM and have huge buffet tables set up. Every game is sold out and packed to the rafters. By halftime you're completely numb but hopefully good and drunk so you don't care. It takes 20 minutes to get all your layers off so you can piss. I've got to imagine Chicago and Green Bay are much worse. I'd take heat over that kind of cold any day.

I can maybe buy the argument for Phoenix if it's 120 on the field but in Atlanta it's completely unnecessary. Ditto St. Louis, Minnesota, Indy and Detroit. I'm calling you all out, grow a pair and play outside like men. :D

Boo hoo. I've been to tailgates at the Meadowlands and Philly in subzero wind chills. People get there at 8AM and have huge buffet tables set up. Every game is sold out and packed to the rafters. By halftime you're completely numb but hopefully good and drunk so you don't care. It takes 20 minutes to get all your layers off so you can piss. I've got to imagine Chicago and Green Bay are much worse. I'd take heat over that kind of cold any day.

I can maybe buy the argument for Phoenix if it's 120 on the field but in Atlanta it's completely unnecessary. Ditto St. Louis, Minnesota, Indy and Detroit. I'm calling you all out, grow a pair and play outside like men. :D

umm, yeah, here's the difference. you can wear thick socks, beanies, gloves, under armour and all that stuff when it's cold. and usually when playing a game of football, i would imagine the physical exertion would raise the body temperature, i'm just not sure.

but i think when it's 120 degrees out and you can't shed clothes and your running around in the sun, there isn't much for relief. take your argument over to a 300 pound lineman and see how he feels about it. please, don't roll in with this macho crap like you play football in your bare feet in nothing but a leather thong.

i grew up in pennsylvania, so i know all about football in subzero wind chills. i also know you can put on more clothes, drink jim beam in coffee, and eat chili from a crock pot to warm you up. you let me know when you come up with a good way to cool down a 120 degree field with 120 players and coaches and 65000 fans around them, and i'll give you a hand.

and if you want to really check out the roof before you spout off about it, check out the website or the cardinals message board. it's not dark and shaded like a typical dome, the material they use allows a ton of light in.

umm, yeah, here's the difference. you can wear thick socks, beanies, gloves, under armour and all that stuff when it's cold. and usually when playing a game of football, i would imagine the physical exertion would raise the body temperature, i'm just not sure.

but i think when it's 120 degrees out and you can't shed clothes and your running around in the sun, there isn't much for relief. take your argument over to a 300 pound lineman and see how he feels about it. please, don't roll in with this macho crap like you play football in your bare feet in nothing but a leather thong.

i grew up in pennsylvania, so i know all about football in subzero wind chills. i also know you can put on more clothes, drink jim beam in coffee, and eat chili from a crock pot to warm you up. you let me know when you come up with a good way to cool down a 120 degree field with 120 players and coaches and 65000 fans around them, and i'll give you a hand.

and if you want to really check out the roof before you spout off about it, check out the website or the cardinals message board. it's not dark and shaded like a typical dome, the material they use allows a ton of light in.

Point well taken and I didn't realize it was still that hot in September which is why I said I can maybe buy the argument for Phoenix if it's 120 on the field

In general I don't like indoor stadiums and I was aiming my comments more at those other cities that don't NEED it.