[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillip Rivers

McBoog

No links, no HARD proof, and nothing to change your draft boards over.... BUT!

I have a good friend that works for the Chargers (Yeh, I know... washes jock straps or something :D:D Actually he is on the scouting staff).

The "word" from the players is that they are VERY excited about how Rivers is doing and in EVERY aspect of the game, in and out of the locker room. This goes beyand what we have seen in the press and at open practices. Many feel he is already a better QB in this offense than Brees ever was!

Now, it is NOT a big task to light up the Chargers secondary, but some of the balls Rivers is throwing are really wowing the staff and his teammates!

We'll see what happens when they strap it on for real, but keep an eye on this kid! He IS NOT a rookie!

I already plan on drafting him as my #2...

I expect about 23 TD's and maybe.....maybe 3000 yds.....

their toughest games come early on and I expect him to come out slow...

but I also expect him to start putting up some points around week 6+ with a shotty game here and there...

also to note...week 6-8 he plays Niners, Chievs and Rams.....and then the Browns which I think will be a tough game...

I call this the chicken or the egg debate...and since they found the egg came first I will say this...

Brees=chicken

Gates=egg

there was no Brees until Gates learned the offense....Rivers wins...

although on a side note...Bush as a Saint can be his bizarro world version of Gates...

I'm on business in San Diego yesterday and today and was talking to one of the techs here who is a serious Charger homer...he's been taking his kids to watch a few of the training camps and he's saying that while Rivers isn't quite Drew Brees just yet he looks really sharp in the practices he's seen. Course that may just be a homer talking... :D

This is the kind of guy where at the very beginning of an auction draft you throw out his name for the minimum bid... everyone looks around like, what the heck are you doing, and you pick up a nice #2 QB for peanuts.

Guest MustOfBeenDrunk

How well did Ryan Leaf look in training camp? I'm sure nobody was disapointed by that pick in training camp, either.

Shut up - not funny :D

i drafted Ryan Leaf and i have been holding Rivers in my dynasty since day one 18th round startup 2 years ago.

Had Brees/Rivers & Bledsoe - finaly paid off with a 3rd starting QB so this season i traded Bledsoe and picked up Campbell ( another work in prosses )

How well did Ryan Leaf look in training camp? I'm sure nobody was disapointed by that pick in training camp, either.

Ryan NEVER looked good. Gilbride killed ANY chance of the kis being successful! After that, his own head went south and we all know the rest :D

It took the Charegers YEARS to recover from the scorched earth that Cryin' Ryan left behind :D

Obviously I hope Rivers does well this year, but I'm not letting my enthusiasm get the best of me. I have learned to respect the dreaded "NEW NFL STARTING QB LEARNING CURVE"!!

Edited by Chargerz

Shut up - not funny :D

i drafted Ryan Leaf and i have been holding Rivers in my dynasty since day one 18th round startup 2 years ago.

Had Brees/Rivers & Bledsoe - finaly paid off with a 3rd starting QB so this season i traded Bledsoe and picked up Campbell ( another work in prosses )

Figures that someone that calls himself "MustOfBeenDrunk" would draft that boozer Leaf.

:D

I am a cynic if nothign else,. Whatever he did in college was a LOOOOooonnnng time ago, against a bunch of kids who for the most part are not nor ever will start in the NFL.

Until a player proves himself against Pro's then he's just another rook/bencher with the equal potential to break out or join th elong list of 1st rd wash outs with Kajanna Carter, Ryan Leaf and Brian Bosworth (to name a few).

This is the kind of guy where at the very beginning of an auction draft you throw out his name for the minimum bid... everyone looks around like, what the heck are you doing, and you pick up a nice #2 QB for peanuts.

hmmmmm..... :puttingasterisknexttohisname:

I think Rivers has the chance to be the best quarterback in his draft class. I truly believe he is smarter when it comes to the game and reading defenses than Eli is and will be. The guy's numbers at NC State are eye-popping. Rivers has all the tools to succeed and I too will target him as my backup.