[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KFFL.com random news

Avernus

Jets | QB battle ongoing

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:08:54 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini shot down reports stating QB Chad Pennington had won the team's starting quarterback job. Mangini said the battle is ongoing. Pennington even said that nothing had changed to his knowledge. While Pennington has looked sharper than his competition, the team's coaches have not yet declared a winner in the battle.

Panthers | Colbert impressing during camp

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:22:23 -0700

Charles Crandler, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers WR Keary Colbert has been impressive during training camp and looks more like the rookie who performed so well in 2004. "He's a different player already," quarterback Jake Delhomme said. "You can just see the way he runs his routes. He has explosion. He has separation."

Redskins | Receivers defining their roles

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:10:18 -0700

Adam Kilgore, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs sees WR Brandon Lloyd as filling a classic outside receiver role within the offense, while WR Antwaan Randle El, as expected, being utilized as a weapon around the field, running, receiving and passing.

Chargers | Jackson has potential

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:51:38 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson has the potential to be a "special player" according to general manager A.J. Smith. He feels this may be the year Jackson can emerge provided he can stay healthy.

Bengals | Johnson changed diet and training

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:27:23 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals RB Rudi Johnson changed his diet and workout routine this offseason to drop weight, gain speed and take pressure off his knees. He did more cutting and agility work and not as much straight-ahead running. "A lot of red meat is gone," Johnson said of his dietary changes. "A lot of the fast food is gone. The snacks are gone - the Doritos, the chips, the Philly cheese steaks, the pizzas. I ate everything. Snacks are now fruit."

Eagles | Gaffney getting better

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 06:11:15 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports last week, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said he liked what he'd seen of WR Jabar Gaffney, and then added, "He's got to get used to our tempo and our pace." Asked Tuesday, Aug. 1, how Gaffney was doing with that adjustment, Reid said: "He's working his tail off. It's new for him; it's new for all the guys that come in. It's a little bit of a different pace than what they're accustomed to, but they're working to compete and play fast and practice fast. And Jabar is getting better." Gaffney said that while the current Lehigh weather might be a lot like Houston's, the workouts here are not. "It's definitely an adjustment. Everything here is full speed. Even walkthrough is full speed," Gaffney said. "It's all about timing. Practice is always up-tempo, no matter what we're doing." Gaffney has gotten a lot of work in the slot at training camp.

Packers | Team needs help at WR; price for Porter may be too high

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 06:06:46 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of Packersnews.com, reports it is obvious the Green Bay Packers need help at wide receiver, but the cost of obtaining that help may be too high. Although the Oakland Raiders appear willing to trade perpetually disgruntled WR Jerry Porter, a deal appears unlikely unless the Raiders drop their asking price significantly. They reportedly are looking for at least a first-round draft pick, and it's hard to see the Packers giving up more than a fourth-round pick for him, or perhaps a third. "I don't know what's really on (the Raiders') minds, but I know they want a big-time pick," said Reggie McKenzie, the Packers' director of pro personnel. The chances of the Packers making a deal during training camp probably are slim because general manager Ted Thompson is more philosophically opposed to trading picks than most general managers in the league. Through five days of camp, no receiver has jumped out as a weapon to complement WR Donald Driver. The Packers are one of several teams in the market for a receiver, along with Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and Jacksonville.

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals RB Rudi Johnson changed his diet and workout routine this offseason to drop weight, gain speed and take pressure off his knees. He did more cutting and agility work and not as much straight-ahead running. "A lot of red meat is gone," Johnson said of his dietary changes. "A lot of the fast food is gone. The snacks are gone - the Doritos, the chips, the Philly cheese steaks, the pizzas. I ate everything. Snacks are now fruit."

combined with one of the best offensive lines in the NFL ... :D

Panthers | Colbert impressing during camp

Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:22:23 -0700

Charles Crandler, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers WR Keary Colbert has been impressive during training camp and looks more like the rookie who performed so well in 2004. "He's a different player already," quarterback Jake Delhomme said. "You can just see the way he runs his routes. He has explosion. He has separation."

:D

Colbert was going to be one of my first roster cuts on my dynasty team - I'd run out of patience with him, especially with Meshawn being added to the roster, with the way he regressed last year so badly after his rookie year.

:D

Colbert was going to be one of my first roster cuts on my dynasty team - I'd run out of patience with him, especially with Meshawn being added to the roster, with the way he regressed last year so badly after his rookie year.

I like Drew Carter as well....they might have too much talent at WR now..

They left out the one line of that article that I found interesting: "That could help him better separate from tacklers after catching a pass."

So, with Perry starting to look like he can't stay healthy ... maybe the hope is to get Rudi more involved in the passing game??

They left out the one line of that article that I found interesting: "That could help him better separate from tacklers after catching a pass."

So, with Perry starting to look like he can't stay healthy ... maybe the hope is to get Rudi more involved in the passing game??

that sounds like a stretch...but possible...

but to me, Perry is great catching out the backfield and if he's healthy...they'll put him in when they want to throw to a RB....

I guess they missed him showing up with McDonalds pancakes and sausage.

Sounds like fast food.