[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What I've heard from Hawks camp

Seahawks21

Naw- I would take Sea O over both Indy & Cincy- Indy last year with Edge- #1 probly, but htis year?? nope. Cincy?? I love em but Sea is still better

LOL at the blatant homerism. Carson Palmer is by far the best young QB in the league (and probably the third-best overall), Chad Johnson is one of the top 3 WRs in the league, T.J. Houshmenzada is a better #2 option than Engam or Burleson, Rudi Johnson is an excellent between-the-tackles halfback, Chris Perry is a very solid third-down back, and their O-line is very underrated (Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Eric Steinbach). Oh, and the Bengals actually have to play halfway decent defenses within their division.

The ability to run the ball is more-heavily determined by the O-line than the back, so the loss of Edge isn't going to have that negative of an effect on the Colts (see Dominic Rhodes, 2001). Alexander is obviously a much better back than Rhodes/Addai, but just about any back would be successful in an offense with THAT prolific of a passing game. Seattle's O-line was probably tied for first with KC last year, but is going to take a hit with the loss of Hutch. They're still better than the Colts' line, but Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, and Ryan Diem are no slouches (and Howard Mudd is one of the best O-line coaches in the league). The big difference is that the aerial attack of Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, Stokley, and Clark pretty much blows away Hasselbeck, Jackson, Engram, Burleson, and Stevens.

Hell, I think that the Giants offense might overtake Seattle this season (Eli, Tiki, Plaxico, Toomer, Shockey) if their O-line improves.

No offense to the Seahawks, who have a phenominal running game, but their offense padded their numbers by beating up on some horrible NFC defenses last season. They're really good, but their good-but-not-phenominal aerial attack keeps them out of #1 slot.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burleson is overrated

Engram is a very good #3 WR...but he'll be forced to play #2 and will struggle as he normally does..

How is it concluded that Burleson is overrated? He couldn't do squat with a bum shoulder as a #1 WR with B. Johnson throwing to him and a rookie WR to take away attention. He looked pretty good the year before.

Engram was only a true #2 WR at the beginning of the season. He was also injured for a good chunk of the season and actually started as #1 a few games. Bobby Engram's regular season #'s as a #2 WR in games 1-4 in 2005:

8-79

5-77

5-54

9-106

If Rivers comes close to Hasselbecks #'s this year, it will be because San Diego plays generally plays catch up while Seattle is running out the clock after SA already scored 2-3 TDs.

How is it concluded that Burleson is overrated? He couldn't do squat with a bum shoulder as a #1 WR with B. Johnson throwing to him and a rookie WR to take away attention. He looked pretty good the year before.

Pretty much anybody's going to look good with Randy Moss lined up opposite them and a healthy Culpepper behind center.

That said, SEA needed a younger #2 option and Burleson wasn't a bad signing.

Pretty much anybody's going to look good with Randy Moss lined up opposite them and a healthy Culpepper behind center.

That said, SEA needed a younger #2 option and Burleson wasn't a bad signing.

In essence, that's what I'm getting at. Joe Jurevicies was a pretty reliable fantasy starter last year when he had the combo of DJ Hackett, Ryan Hannum, and Bobby Engram as his supporting WR crew. The loss of Hutch will negatively impact this offense , especially in the running game. But Seattle still didn't loose the top lineman in the league in Walter Jones and they have another #1 draft pick to put in place. It's still a top 5 O-line easily. If anything, Hass's #'s improve as Sean will not run for another 1900 and 28.

In essence, that's what I'm getting at. Joe Jurevicies was a pretty reliable fantasy starter last year when he had the combo of DJ Hackett, Ryan Hannum, and Bobby Engram as his supporting WR crew. The loss of Hutch will negatively impact this offense , especially in the running game. But Seattle still didn't loose the top lineman in the league in Walter Jones and they have another #1 draft pick to put in place. It's still a top 5 O-line easily. If anything, Hass's #'s improve as Sean will not run for another 1900 and 28.

Top 5 is a pretty conservative estimate. I'd say that their line is at least #3 right now, possibly #1 with Roaf retiring. Hass will pass for more yards and will throw more TDs than last season, but his completion percentage will be lower and he'll throw double-digit INTs because he'll have to take more chances. They're not going to ride SA up and down the field as easily as before, although I think that he's still a lock for 1,700 rushing yds and 18 TDs.

Their divisional foes will also be getting better of defense, as they've all pretty much hit rock-bottom and nowhere else to go. Towards the end of last season, Nolan's defense in SF looked like it had improved tremendously.

Engram was only a true #2 WR at the beginning of the season. He was also injured for a good chunk of the season and actually started as #1 a few games. Bobby Engram's regular season #'s as a #2 WR in games 1-4 in 2005:

8-79

5-77

5-54

9-106

If Rivers comes close to Hasselbecks #'s this year, it will be because San Diego plays generally plays catch up while Seattle is running out the clock after SA already scored 2-3 TDs.

I didn't say how....but I just have no intention in drafting Hasselbeck as I will likely overpay for him...

as a name, he's in the same area as Delhomme, yet has been getting drafted ahead of him constantly...

I will wait another 2 rounds for the likes of Delhomme or Brooks....

I didn't say how....but I just have no intention in drafting Hasselbeck as I will likely overpay for him...

as a name, he's in the same area as Delhomme, yet has been getting drafted ahead of him constantly...

I will wait another 2 rounds for the likes of Delhomme or Brooks....

Well, that's a pretty big backpedal from claiming that Rivers will perform at the level of Hasselbeck this year. I most likely won't get Hasselbeck either, cause virtually every experienced FF player knows that you can find great value on a QB in later rounds.

Well, that's a pretty big backpedal from claiming that Rivers will perform at the level of Hasselbeck this year. I most likely won't get Hasselbeck either, cause virtually every experienced FF player knows that you can find great value on a QB in later rounds.

no...I stand by that...never said I took that back...

I feel I can get Rivers 5 rounds later and by seasons end...I think Rivers will be within 400 yds of Hasselbeck and 4 TD's....

I feel I can get Rivers 5 rounds later and by seasons end...I think Rivers will be within 400 yds of Hasselbeck and 4 TD's....

Fair enough and obviously I disagree. You have been suggesting considerable downfalls for both Hasselbeck and Sean Alexander in 2006 repeatedly. Barring injuries, I just don't see the rationale. The Hawks are a top 3 offense in the NFL and there is no logical reason why their starting QB and RB struggle in the FF world this year.

My only real qualm with the Seahawks right now is that every time you hear somebody talking about him, they say Seneca Wallace is the best athlete on the team. My question is, how smart is it to never have your best athlete on the field? I really wish they would have got it done to get another competent quarterback on the roster so we could use Seneca's playmaking ability elsewhere, not all the time, just every once in a while.

If Holmgren's tirade can help get this offense to the places it can reach, watch out again folks cause this defense don't roll over no more.

You guys need to get him on the field as a slash type player. The Steelers had success with Kordell Stewart and Randle-El in that role.

Fair enough and obviously I disagree. You have been suggesting considerable downfalls for both Hasselbeck and Sean Alexander in 2006 repeatedly. Barring injuries, I just don't see the rationale. The Hawks are a top 3 offense in the NFL and there is no logical reason why their starting QB and RB struggle in the FF world this year.

I have no real hatred for them....

I never liked Hasselbeck...but that's whatever...

my reasons for Alexander's downfall go much further than a fictitious curse....and it's not like I have him falling off the face of the earth...

I just see him getting about 13 TD's and 1400 yds....besides how often he's carried the ball and is coming off what is by far the longest season of his career and how he's just gotten paid a hugh contract...the same one he went above and beyond expectations to earn....

he doesn't strike me as one of those players who has winning a superbowl as #1 on his list of things to do....I think he accomplished a couple of his career goals already in last season....break the TD record set by Holmes and get paid a lofty sum of xxxxxxxx dollars...

my reasons for Alexander's downfall go much further than a fictitious curse....and it's not like I have him falling off the face of the earth...

I just see him getting about 13 TD's and 1400 yds....besides how often he's carried the ball and is coming off what is by far the longest season of his career and how he's just gotten paid a hugh contract...the same one he went above and beyond expectations to earn....

he doesn't strike me as one of those players who has winning a superbowl as #1 on his list of things to do....I think he accomplished a couple of his career goals already in last season....break the TD record set by Holmes and get paid a lofty sum of xxxxxxxx dollars...

after getting there last year and getting cheated out of a championship, im sure Alexander is wanting a super bowl ring right now. He has already accomplished his personal goals now he is gonna start thinking about the team and winning a championship.

Im gonna say what I say every year before the pre season starts.

I see Seattle winning it all this year...

after getting there last year and getting cheated out of a championship, im sure Alexander is wanting a super bowl ring right now. He has already accomplished his personal goals now he is gonna start thinking about the team and winning a championship.

Im gonna say what I say every year before the pre season starts.

I see Seattle winning it all this year...

and you should feel that way...your team just made the superbowl...

but recent history doesn't favor year team at all....

talk to the...

Giants

Rams

Raiders

Panthers

Eagles

You guys need to get him on the field as a slash type player. The Steelers had success with Kordell Stewart and Randle-El in that role.

Agreed. Unfortunately, he is the #2 QB and the coaching staff doesn't want to take a risk.

I just see him getting about 13 TD's and 1400 yds.

I think your predicition on SA's stats are conservatively low, but they won't be as bloated as last year . Something has got to give. This offense will continue to score points with the best of them. Hasselbeck's numbers will likely go up despite the fact you don't like him.

and you should feel that way...your team just made the superbowl...

talk to the...

Giants

Rams

Raiders

Panthers

Eagles

You do believe the Madden Curse. Recent history doesn't take into the fact the salary cap situation experienced by other teams and the fact that this team is largely in tact and has improved in most aspects.

Agreed. Unfortunately, he is the #2 QB and the coaching staff doesn't want to take a risk.

I think your predicition on SA's stats are conservatively low, but they won't be as bloated as last year . Something has got to give. This offense will continue to score points with the best of them. Hasselbeck's numbers will likely go up despite the fact you don't like him.

You do believe the Madden Curse. Recent history doesn't take into the fact the salary cap situation experienced by other teams and the fact that this team is largely in tact and has improved in most aspects.

I don't believe in the Madden curse is what I think you meant to say lol

I don't think DJax will be fine....I don't know how he started 16 games in 2004...I remember him being in crutches before one game and my brother benched him...then he miraculously plays and puts up the best game of the year...

I think he missed so many games last year due to him playing through being hurt badly the previous year...

DJax is injury prone

This is a huge misconception. FF players have really short memories when it comes to players. You get hurt one season (part of the game and most players go through it) and people label you as injury prone.

The fact is DJax had only missed 3 games in his career before last season. Now he is given the stigma.

You go ahead and pass on him. I'll take him every time as my #2 and ride his 1000/8 to the championship.....

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

:D

any thread where swerski's arguing with someone is usually pretty entertaining. :D and BTW... the comparison between cincy & the hawks is moot...... they're both great offenses but cincy's defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as seattle's. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

This is a huge misconception. FF players have really short memories when it comes to players. You get hurt one season (part of the game and most players go through it) and people label you as injury prone.

The fact is DJax had only missed 3 games in his career before last season. Now he is given the stigma.

You go ahead and pass on him. I'll take him every time as my #2 and ride his 1000/8 to the championship.....

Jax's knee injury has a lingering effect that is concerning. It's not like he is a lock to be healthy. I'm concerned foremost as a Hawk fan and as a dynasty DJax owner. His health is important to both of those teams.

LOL at the blatant homerism. Carson Palmer is by far the best young QB in the league (and probably the third-best overall), Chad Johnson is one of the top 3 WRs in the league, T.J. Houshmenzada is a better #2 option than Engam or Burleson, Rudi Johnson is an excellent between-the-tackles halfback, Chris Perry is a very solid third-down back, and their O-line is very underrated (Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Eric Steinbach). Oh, and the Bengals actually have to play halfway decent defenses within their division.

The ability to run the ball is more-heavily determined by the O-line than the back, so the loss of Edge isn't going to have that negative of an effect on the Colts (see Dominic Rhodes, 2001). Alexander is obviously a much better back than Rhodes/Addai, but just about any back would be successful in an offense with THAT prolific of a passing game. Seattle's O-line was probably tied for first with KC last year, but is going to take a hit with the loss of Hutch. They're still better than the Colts' line, but Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, and Ryan Diem are no slouches (and Howard Mudd is one of the best O-line coaches in the league). The big difference is that the aerial attack of Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, Stokley, and Clark pretty much blows away Hasselbeck, Jackson, Engram, Burleson, and Stevens.

Hell, I think that the Giants offense might overtake Seattle this season (Eli, Tiki, Plaxico, Toomer, Shockey) if their O-line improves.

No offense to the Seahawks, who have a phenominal running game, but their offense padded their numbers by beating up on some horrible NFC defenses last season. They're really good, but their good-but-not-phenominal aerial attack keeps them out of #1 slot.

ah Swerski, season hasn't even started and we are already at it. Solid

Homerism?? they led the NFL in scoring and were 2nd in total yrds/game last year, but me saying they have the best offense in the NFl is homerism??? enlighten me, please.

Womack will fill in fine for Hutch, they upgraded with Burleson, Stevens & Hass are improving. Your a moran, I gurantee you ask any GM in the NFL their pick of an offense to put out on the field every Sunday it ain't Cincy.

Indy has the best passing game- fine, but with Rhodes a step down runnin gthe ball. The combo of Alexander and the Holmgren passing game is the best combo in the league.

NYG?? :D get outta with this crazy talk.

Edited by wildcat2334

no...I stand by that...never said I took that back...

:D Yes the list of first year starters who have excellent seasons is long..............

talk to the...

Giants

Rams

Raiders

Panthers

Eagles

I have been thinking about this. The ol' Super Bowl Loser thing. Does it matter that the Seahawks have Matt Hasselbeck at QB (i.e., in his prime), a big time RB, and a maturing defense?

All of the above teams were blowing their wad in getting to the Super Bowl. The Giants and Raiders began rebuilding almost immediately. The Rams and Eagles were both aging teams that were at the end of their respective runs.

The only comparable team for the Seahawks of '05 is the Panthers of '03. Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure the 'hawks had a better squad, and perhaps it's the homer talking, but I'm pretty sure the talent level in Seattle going into 2006 is better than that of Carolina in 2004.

Only when the next season you have lingering knee problems. Being out so long last season(far longer than originally thought), then playing, and then more problems is the reason for it. He needs to play a few months to change that perception.