[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What I've heard from Hawks camp

Seahawks21

I don't like Hasselbeck...it seems like when he has a very good or promising season...the next one he falls flat on his face...

I will avoid him this year and someone else can draft him..

Not me. I :heart: Hass. He single-handedly put me into SBs in two consecutive seasons. :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only comparable team for the Seahawks of '05 is the Panthers of '03. Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure the 'hawks had a better squad, and perhaps it's the homer talking, but I'm pretty sure the talent level in Seattle going into 2006 is better than that of Carolina in 2004.

and the panthers lost steve smith for the whole 04 season among others I believe. :D I agree with godtom's line of thought here...... the hawks are absolutely PRIMED & ready to get back to the bowl. I'm not sure what the lambs & iggles did or did not do in the offseason following their SB appearances ..... but I would bet it's nothing like what the hawks did this off season.

add in the off season the likes of peterson, burleson, ashworth & mike green......get ken hamlin back & Oh BTW re-sign shaun for a cool 8 years- 62 million... sounds like they're doing the right things to me. :D

EDITED to ADD - they're also drafting pretty F'n well the past couple years. Leroy Hill & Tatupu are absolute grade-A studs. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

I have been thinking about this. The ol' Super Bowl Loser thing. Does it matter that the Seahawks have Matt Hasselbeck at QB (i.e., in his prime), a big time RB, and a maturing defense?

All of the above teams were blowing their wad in getting to the Super Bowl. The Giants and Raiders began rebuilding almost immediately. The Rams and Eagles were both aging teams that were at the end of their respective runs.

The only comparable team for the Seahawks of '05 is the Panthers of '03. Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure the 'hawks had a better squad, and perhaps it's the homer talking, but I'm pretty sure the talent level in Seattle going into 2006 is better than that of Carolina in 2004.

Eagles are not old...

they are no older than seattle...maybe even younger....

if DJax goes down again....I don't have faith in Burleson as their #1....as a #2, he has potential.....and the fact that they let Hutch walk when they clearly didn't want to let him go says something....

and Rocky Bernard, like Alexander had a career year in his contract year.....but Bernard did almost nothing the previous seasons....

the only thing they have going for them is the easy division....but the Rams improved on defense and I don't consider them a laydown because the offense can score....and the Cardinals are constantly improving...

Eagles are not old...

they are no older than seattle...maybe even younger....

if DJax goes down again....I don't have faith in Burleson as their #1....as a #2, he has potential.....and the fact that they let Hutch walk when they clearly didn't want to let him go says something....

and Rocky Bernard, like Alexander had a career year in his contract year.....but Bernard did almost nothing the previous seasons....

the only thing they have going for them is the easy division....but the Rams improved on defense and I don't consider them a laydown because the offense can score....and the Cardinals are constantly improving...

Seattle has one of the youngest teams with the most success.

I dont see how people can predict Djax in getting hurt when he isnt an injury prone player. He looked amazing in the Super Bowl. If thats the case then if T.O goes down Dallas is crap. If Chad Johnson goes down T.J isnt gonna succeed as much as he would in the #2. See same can be said about all teams if their number one wide receiver gets hurt. Injuries happen I just dont see how you can depend on a player getting hurt to make an argument about a team doing well.

Bernards numbers have been getting better and better since 2003. Same with Alexander so you cant say they will dramatically decrease untill you see them perform for a percentage of the season.

I hear this every year the cardinals and rams are gonna win the division and Seattle and the Niners are gonna be watching the playoffs at home. Until the Cardinals actually improve I dont think we should be saying they are constantly imroving. they have talent but never seem to have a winning record. The rams are the rams and they are rebuilding. No way are they gonna be a challenge for the Hawks.

Like I said We are winning the Super Bowl so talk trash about my team all you want. they're still better then yours.

if DJax goes down again....I don't have faith in Burleson as their #1....

the only thing they have going for them is the easy division....

:D It's pretty obvious you plain just don't like entire Seattle team. When the WCO is being run efficiently, WRs often step into roles and perfrom well. With Djax out of the lineup with injuries, the Hawks went 9-0 last year. The consensus is that the Hawks upgraded their WR core with the Burleson signing. Engram played very well as a #2WR last year (despite your errouneous claim) and even filled in effectively as a #1 when needed. And when both Engram and Jackson were out, the Hawks won those games.

Edited by bushwacked

:D It's pretty obvious you plain just don't like entire Seattle team. When the WCO is being run efficiently, WRs often step into roles and perfrom well. With Djax out of the lineup with injuries, the Hawks went 9-0 last year. The consensus is that the Hawks upgraded their WR core with the Burleson signing. Engram played very well as a #2WR last year (despite your errouneous claim) and even filled in effectively as a #1 when needed. And when both Engram and Jackson were out, the Hawks won those games.

I don't know if I hate or like them...

I really don't have a pulse on them....

as i said....if I draft 3rd and Alexander is there...I will draft him and then try to get a RB and stud WR....

Eagles are not old...

They finished 4 straight seasons of NFC Championship games, then fell apart last year. Obviously, they had something go wrong. Age, injury, whatever, the core wasn't able to hold up. We'll see this season if last year was a hiccup or if it was truly the end of the run.

They finished 4 straight seasons of NFC Championship games, then fell apart last year. Obviously, they had something go wrong. Age, injury, whatever, the core wasn't able to hold up. We'll see this season if last year was a hiccup or if it was truly the end of the run.

injury....plenty of injuries....much like the 2004 Panthers...

Wow, the old Seahag bandwagon sure seems to have filled up this year. I have been at the Huddle for years. And Seattle fans were as scarce as a Mexican at a Mensa convention. But after last year, they now seem to have some fans. Its weird how a good year will do that. But after their collapse this year, the bandwagoneers will scatter like the residents of the ninth ward after Katrina. Enjoy it while you can Bandwagon Boys...

:D Bandwagon boys, that's cute...

Now SHEEP-BOY! Knock off that Jibber-Jabbin'!

Edited by Bonehand

Wow, the old Seahag bandwagon sure seems to have filled up this year. I have been at the Huddle for years. And Seattle fans were as scarce as a Mexican at a Mensa convention. But after last year, they now seem to have some fans. Its weird how a good year will do that. But after their collapse this year, the bandwagoneers will scatter like the residents of the ninth ward after Katrina. Enjoy it while you can Bandwagon Boys...

:D

Burleson is overrated

DJax is injury prone

Engram is a very good #3 WR...but he'll be forced to play #2 and will struggle as he normally does..

That is 100% true, and I dont see how anyone would take the Seattle O over Cincys

And there is NO WAY Hass is the 3rd best QB in the league whoever said that is nuts

That is 100% true, and I dont see how anyone would take the Seattle O over Cincys

And there is NO WAY Hass is the 3rd best QB in the league whoever said that is nuts

Burleson did good when Moss was hurt for the vikings. I think he just needed a qb last year.

Djax isnt injury prone. He had one bad season where he got hurt.

And an ESPN poll said Hass was right beind brady and Manning as the number 3 QB.

Seattle has one of the youngest teams with the most success.

I dont see how people can predict Djax in getting hurt when he isnt an injury prone player. He looked amazing in the Super Bowl.

Like I said We are winning the Super Bowl so talk trash about my team all you want. they're still better then yours.

How did he have an amazing superbowl? By catching a few 5 and out patterns? He had 5 catches for 50 yards. If thats amazin to you then I would hate to see your fantasy team.

And no the seahawks are not better than my team nor will they win the superbowl and there are a few teams on the NFC and AFC side that are better than them, i.e Indy, Car, Den, NYG, Chi and im sure there will be a few more come the end of the season.

Pork Chop Womack of course is filling in fine for Hutch.

:D:D:D:D:D:D Okay Brent Mushberger

though not :D coming from a seahawk homer

Edited by Hugh B Tool

yeah cool like pal too bad 99% of the time the #1 team in the power rankings to start the season NEVER wins it all.

Theres somethin for ya

we'll that makes me feel a whle lot differant about my teams success. I guess were not gonna make the playoff's this year and the cardinals are gonna win the division go on to the super bowl and lose to the steelers right?

Hey kid go jerk it or something. Menudo is probably the only guy on the huddle that will like you. NEWB....

Wait did this tough guy call me a newb on a message board?

Are you that pathetic?

Your the one who said the hawks would win the superbowl and i simply told you they wouldnt and then you bring out espn.com power rankings to prove me wrong? HA!

So how about DJacks amazing superbowl? A whopping 50 yards, maybe hines should give up the trophy to the real winner. idiot

Sell crazy somewhere else- there isn't a head coach or GM that would take Cincy's offense over Seattles for 2006 season- get real.

Your right, Hass is probly 4th behind Palmer- who are you taking ahead of him?? Eli?? Beldsoe?? cmon

Anyone who says Hass is a top 3 quarterback in the NFL should never be allowed to watch another game.

Im pretty sure I could think of 3 better

Manning

Palmer

Brady

Plus the only reason Hass would be in the top 5 is because of his offense, there are better QBs on worse teams.

Im from Boston and Hass went to BC and its not that im hating on him i just dont see how anyone could say hes a top 3 quarterback, and i bet your gonna tell me that Jerramy Stevens is better than Antonio Gates...your an idiot.

in case you havent been here for a while because you havent. I have said the seahawks will win the super bowl almost every week. Ask Big John. Im a ignorant homer. but to say crap like you are when you havent been here 5 minutes is like something I did when I first got here. And no one is gonna like you trust me....I know.

also I was counting Jacksons 2 touchdown's that the refs stole from him.