[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekend Mock Draft?

Dr. Love

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's my take on my picks:

1.4 - Ronnie Brown

This was a test draft for me. I pick fourth in another league, and am leaning away from Portis/Tiki/Edge. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't care if a guy is slotted four places lower than where I can pick him. If he's who I want, he's who I want.

2.9 - Randy Moss

I think Brooks to Moss is going to be killer. Art Shell wants to bring back the Raider long ball, and I think that Moss will bounce back to some of his better years. I loved getting him here at 2.9.

3.4 - Kevin Jones

This is my favorite pick of the draft. I know that a lot of folks got burned by taking Jones in the first round last year, but the guy has talent. Everything out of Martz's mouth has been positive, and from what I saw last year, Jones's numbers were more affected by the lack of consistent carries than a lack of talent or drive. Or maybe I'm just a huge homer.

4.9 - Jamal Lewis

This was a move to get a better RB3 without sacraficing the WR pick I wanted. I figured that the three teams in front of me would take RB's moreso than WR's. I was right, so I got a stable RB3 and one of the two WR I wanted.

5.4 - Deion Branch

C'mon. Brady has to throw the ball to someone. I think he'll make a fine WR2 for this squad.

6.9 - Randy McMichael

I like McMichael this year. He's just outside of the first tier of TE, and I think he'll have a big year with Culpepper throwing to him. Plus, if Joey's starting the first couple of games, McMichael will likely be the only player within Joey's throwing range on the field.

7.4 - Aaron Brooks

I normally don't draft "the hookup", as I value consistency on my teams more so than boom-or-bust. However, Brooks was the top QB left at this point (to me, at least), and I would hope that there's more boom than bust. If he can control the boneheaded mistakes (yes, I know that's a big "if"), this could work out.

The rest

The rest of the guys are okay backups. I like having Wilford as a WR3, and Haynes may pan out. Plummer is a good backup for the volatile Brooks.

It has now been more than 30 minutes, but Matt is still on the clock.

Sorry guys, was out playing golf. I thought I predrafted thru the 12th but maybe the site messed up again? Too bad, I liked my first 8 picks.

Sorry guys, was out playing golf. I thought I predrafted thru the 12th but maybe the site messed up again? Too bad, I liked my first 8 picks.

Apology accepted. :D

Pre-drafting often doesn't work unless you select layers 1-2 rounds early.