[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFC will be much more entertaining thsn the AFC

PantherDave

The Super Bowl has been butchered, hung out to dry etc., however, the bottom line is this, the balance of power has shifted-the NFC is the more powerful conference as of now and will bring home the hardware this season. I know the AFC Homers will come out swinging, but if memory serves the AFC only won the inter conference contest by a mere 3 games last year. It has always swayed back and forth between the two conf, and this year I believe the NFC to have the upper hand. The division battles stacking up in the NFC are just fantastic, the NFC divisions playing one another is fantastic and will be the focus of the NFL season, in closing, the NFC has caught up to and will pass the AFC this year-count on it.

The Super Bowl has been butchered, hung out to dry etc., however, the bottom line is this, the balance of power has shifted-the NFC is the more powerful conference as of now and will bring home the hardware this season. I know the AFC Homers will come out swinging, but if memory serves the AFC only won the inter conference contest by a mere 3 games last year. It has always swayed back and forth between the two conf, and this year I believe the NFC to have the upper hand. The division battles stacking up in the NFC are just fantastic, the NFC divisions playing one another is fantastic and will be the focus of the NFL season, in closing, the NFC has caught up to and will pass the AFC this year-count on it.

Inter-conf games mean squat, and even if they did you yourself admit the AFC still had the edge. The NFC showdowns you refer to are speculation, as of now all those teams are nothign more than paper tigers at best. The best teams in the NFL are still AFC teams (Steelers, Colts), and the worst teams are still NFC teams (Lions, Niners). Until Vick EVER amounts to anything more than a crappy shoes from spammers commercial and TO shuts his pie hole and turns Bledsoe into a dominating QB, then money is still on AFC to win it all.

Inter-conf games mean squat, and even if they did you yourself admit the AFC still had the edge. The NFC showdowns you refer to are speculation, as of now all those teams are nothign more than paper tigers at best. The best teams in the NFL are still AFC teams (Steelers, Colts), and the worst teams are still NFC teams (Lions, Niners). Until Vick EVER amounts to anything more than a crappy shoes from spammers commercial and TO shuts his pie hole and turns Bledsoe into a dominating QB, then money is still on AFC to win it all.

Sorry, just don't see it, the AFC had a three game advantage because of the Lions and 49er's and some under achievers Cards, Packers and Falcons plus the injury riddled Rams.....Vick please, what you've seen is what you get, so leave that horse alone, it's been ridden to fuggin death. Last time I checked all 16 teams from each Conf didn't make the PO-The NFC PO teams will be better this year than the AFC-speculation sure-just mine vs yours, so that makes it a dead heat.

Say what you will, but until the NFC brings it home, you got NO ground to stand on. :D

I still love ya though man...

Sorry, just don't see it, the AFC had a three game advantage because of the Lions and 49er's and some under achievers Cards, Packers and Falcons plus the injury riddled Rams.....Vick please, what you've seen is what you get, so leave that horse alone, it's been ridden to fuggin death. Last time I checked all 16 teams from each Conf didn't make the PO-The NFC PO teams will be better this year than the AFC-speculation sure-just mine vs yours, so that makes it a dead heat.

The AFC had Oakland, Houston, Jets, and Tenn... All under 4 wins or less. While the NFC had 4 teams as well, the AFC had the wost team...PERIOD.

Youre just on the high horse that is Carolina (dont worry though...I hate the Bucs, so my NFC team is Car, but I just dont think, as of now, its NFC or AFC is better...time will tell)

Falcons?

In what universe?

I place the NFC's cream in a loose order like:

Seahawks (by a wide margin)

Panthers

Giants

Washington

Bears

Rams

Dallas

Bucs

Arizona

Falcons

and add a few more to that mix in the NFC and you have it right. In the AFC it's the Colts, Steelers above everyone else, then Broncos, Patriots then anyone's guess beyond that.

Falcons?

In what universe?

I place the NFC's cream in a loose order like:

Seahawks (by a wide margin)

Panthers

Giants

Washington

Bears

Rams

Dallas

Bucs

Arizona

Falcons

I would take the Colts, Steelers, Broncos and Patriots to win over any of those NFC teams listed, any day of the week. The AFC is still the dominant conference, and I think it's mainly becase the AFC has better quarterbacks. Brady, Manning, Palmer, Green...and soon to be Vince Young and Jay Cutler, as opposed to Delhomme, Hasselback, Eli Manning, Vick and Bulger.

I would take the Colts, Steelers, Broncos and Patriots to win over any of those NFC teams listed, any day of the week. The AFC is still the dominant conference, and I think it's mainly becase the AFC has better quarterbacks. Brady, Manning, Palmer, Green...and soon to be Vince Young and Jay Cutler, as opposed to Delhomme, Hasselback, Eli Manning, Vick and Bulger.

Exactly my point. The top 4 in the AFC are still in a class all their own... errr, maybe just a Conference of their own. But you know what I mean. The mediocre teams in the AFC have as much potential to breakout/step up to the next class as any taem in the NFC.

I guess that's the NE team Carolina manhandled last year and had Brady sitting on the bench with his head in his hands :D

I think NE did an awesome job just to make the playoff last year. I'm sure if their defense didn't have all the injuries they may have continued where they left off. Look at the year before. Pittsburgh manhandled NE

in the regular season, but when it counted in the playoffs the roles were reversed(man, it still hurts to talk about that game). I think there are only 2 teams in the NFC that can hang with the AFC. The Hawks and, you'll love this one PD, the Panthers. If one of those 2 teams makes it to the big dance then we'll probably have an entertaining SB. If not, an AFC blowout is in the forecast.

:D I would rank Sea as better than all the above- but I am a homer..... QB play is important- but not the end all- after all Roth is coming off a SB win- and he is medicore. VY?? puhlease, talk to me in 3 years that dude won't do squat for quite some time.

slight edge to the AFC probably overall

• 4 months later...

I dont think its so cut and dry that the AFC will take the superbowl this year..IMO the Ravens are the best in the AFC..I think that ferocious D along with an experienced Mcnair and a better O then they have had in recent years makes them tops..Chargerz of course can possibly pick them off...NFC has a similar team in Chicago ..Their D hasnt been as dominant as early in the year but still has big weapons..I think the fate of that team lies with Grossman..Saints have very dangerous Offense..Eagles are playing inspired Great D, Westbrook etc ..Dallas only hope IMO is to catch fire again like they did when Romo first came on board and right the wrongs on D..I think this years superbowl is going to be a great one as many teams match up pretty good..

Edited by whomper

What's said in August should stay in August.

That said, the AFC is so much better than the NFC it's laughable. The level of play in the NFC is only slighly above college football. However, an NFC team could get lucky in the Superbowl and win it. You know, the any given Sunday thing.

What's said in August should stay in August.

That said, the AFC is so much better than the NFC it's laughable. The level of play in the NFC is only slighly above college football. However, an NFC team could get lucky in the Superbowl and win it. You know, the any given Sunday thing.

Apparently what is said on December 30th should stay there also.