[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson Injured

HutOne

I didn't think that was the case. Where has he said that, or do you think him being a pansy after holding out is why he doesn't want to play?

I don't think he has any real desire to play the game of football. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and maybe I am. I just don't like this guy at all.

Quick note: The most recent Bears players to have gone through extended training camp holdouts were Cade McNown, Rashaan Salaam and Curtis Enis. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he blubbed when he found he was going to the Bears.

Because he held out.

Because he has an advisory posse, a harbinger of doom if ever there was one.

Because he doesn't want to play for the Bears.

Because we didn't need an RB.

Because he seems to be a prima donna.

Because if he can't take practice hits, however hard, there is no chance of him being useful in a game.

Because he has bust written all over him.

Apart from that, I think he's great.

I agree with this. Benson is one of those people that I'd like to buy for what he's worth and sell for what he thinks he's worth. And because he acted like God's gift to football last summer and failed to back it up on the field, he's going to take a few hits in practice.

Since the Bears wasted their #4 pick on him last year, I hope that he pans out. But I don't see any evidence of that thus far. What I do see is Thomas Jones looking more and more like a quality NFL halfback - and Jerry Angelo looking more and more like a complete moron.

Its very ho-hum. Im not a huge college fan or follower so maybe i need to be corrected, but if im not mistaken, Texas is/was one of them rushing geared teams that runs 60+% of the time. Benson had a gillion attempts, and a yards per carry average that was medicore for a college player. Read this.

In 49 games, Benson carried 1,112 times for 5,540 yards (5.0 avg.) and 64 touchdowns. His 5,540 yards rank sixth on the NCAA Division I-A career-record list and is topped only by Williams (6,279, 1995-98) on the Longhorns' all-time record chart. He is only the fifth back in NCAA history to rush for over 1,000 yards in each of his four seasons. His 64 touchdowns are surpassed only by Williams (72) and Travis Prentice of Miami, Ohio (73, 1996-99) on the NCAA's career record list. He also set an NCAA record by scoring at least once in 37 games. In the 25 games in which Benson ran for over 100 yards, the Longhorns won every contest.

When i read that, i envision a guy who wasnt so much a special talent, as he was featured over an extended period of time. 5.0 isnt exactly a blistering average for someone so coveted. When the Bears took him i thought "bust". I had seen his highlights on Sporstcenter, i knew he was a plodder. I define Plodder as a guy who just has average everything and just plodds his way for the league average of 4. A "no frills" player. Thats Benson, average back who stayed healthy for a full load in college on a run based team, medicore stats IMO.

P.S. Travis Prentice holding the All Time TD record shows that a medicore back can succeed in college in the right system.

Even if he had a "gillion" carries, a 5.0 average, 64 TDs, and #6 all-time in NCAA hisotry rushing is pretty freaking far from a "ho-hum" campaign. That's a phenominal college career.

I agree that Benson has a good shot of being a bust in the NFL (lots of tread on his tires), but saying that Benson wasn't that great in college is a bit ridiculous.

Even if he had a "gillion" carries, a 5.0 average, 64 TDs, and #6 all-time in NCAA hisotry rushing is pretty freaking far from a "ho-hum" campaign. That's a phenominal college career.

I agree that Benson has a good shot of being a bust in the NFL (lots of tread on his tires), but saying that Benson wasn't that great in college is a bit ridiculous.

Man, do I agree with that. How can you sum up all his accomplishments throughout his college career and conclude he was a ho-hum player? Texas is also a prime time college program playing against top notch competition. From the time he was drafted to his holdout to now, he's got bust written all over him. But he was definately a top notch college player.

Per Kffl, Benson seems to be okay for now.....

Bears | Benson X-rays come back negative

Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:48:17 -0700

K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports the X-rays done on Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson's shoulder (shoulder) came back negative Saturday, Aug. 5, and the running back will undergo more tests to determine the extent of his injury and how long he will be out. He is expected to miss the Bears preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11, against the San Francisco 49ers.

the internet is nothing short of amazing...

Looked like the problem was Mike Brown who came up under his elbow and whacked his arm upwards from behind.

Thats what it looked like to me also. It looked like Brown popped it from behind.

Per Kffl, Benson seems to be okay for now.....

Bears | Benson X-rays come back negative

Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:48:17 -0700

K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports the X-rays done on Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson's shoulder (shoulder) came back negative Saturday, Aug. 5, and the running back will undergo more tests to determine the extent of his injury and how long he will be out. He is expected to miss the Bears preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11, against the San Francisco 49ers.

I have just started breathing again. Phew! :D