[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie White memories

Randall

One of mine is at the SB when NE was coming back he sacked Bledsoe 2 out of 3 plays. On one he threw the RT out of the way and got the sack.

He won that game as much as anyone. Even at an old age he was un-stoppable when he needed to be.

Moon mentioned another where Chris Carter tried to chip him and Reggie pretty much threw him at him.

Against Den in '93, GB was trying to hold onto a 30-27 lead in Sunday night game. Johnny Bronco had Denver driving, and the Lambeau crowd started with the "Reg-gie!" chant; Reggie comes through with back-to-back sacks to basically end the game.

93 or 94 was the year that he absolutely manhandled Korey Stringer; late in the game they showed Stringer sitting on the sidelines puking.

I can't recall which year it was, but Aikman reminded me of it - going against future Hall-of-Famer Larry Allen, White used his "hump" move and basically threw a strong-as-all-hell 330 lb NFL players out of his way. Same move he used on Lane in the SB, but it's more impressive when a guy does it to Allen.

I remember the play where he tossed Carter at Moon, that was hilarious. It's never a good thing when your QB has to hurdle over flying WRs on rollouts.

Against Den in '93, GB was trying to hold onto a 30-27 lead in Sunday night game. Johnny Bronco had Denver driving, and the Lambeau crowd started with the "Reg-gie!" chant; Reggie comes through with back-to-back sacks to basically end the game.

93 or 94 was the year that he absolutely manhandled Korey Stringer; late in the game they showed Stringer sitting on the sidelines puking.

I can't recall which year it was, but Aikman reminded me of it - going against future Hall-of-Famer Larry Allen, White used his "hump" move and basically threw a strong-as-all-hell 330 lb NFL players out of his way. Same move he used on Lane in the SB, but it's more impressive when a guy does it to Allen.

I remember the play where he tossed Carter at Moon, that was hilarious. It's never a good thing when your QB has to hurdle over flying WRs on rollouts.

I remember when he became a FA. There was an SI issue that had all the teams spamshirts of him that were potential teams he would play for. Then he chose GB.

I dont remember who all was in the running for him, but for some reason, that issue sticks out.

I remember when he became a FA. There was an SI issue that had all the teams spamshirts of him that were potential teams he would play for. Then he chose GB.

I dont remember who all was in the running for him, but for some reason, that issue sticks out.

GB beat out San Francisco - Reggie said "God told me to go to Green Bay"; the fact that they were offering more money than San Fran probably helped make things clearer to "the almighty."

Stringer 1995

Larry Allen 1994

White interviewed at Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, New York City (Jets), and Washington, D.C.

:D

I remember when GB was trying to sign Reggie, Holmgren said he called him leaving this message on his answering machine.

"Reggie, this is God. I want you to sign with the Green Bay Packers."

Reggie know who it was and thought it was funny.

My biggest memory of Reggie White was also during the greatest game i've ever watched...

Reggie White manhandling Max Lane with the club move... Thats no.3 on my all time favorite plays list...

2. Anotnio Freemans miracle catch on Monday Night Football

1. Favre to Rison at the superdome.

Unfortunately the memory that sticks out to me were comments he made regarding certain issues. Not going to go in it here, but that is the thing I remember most.

On the field, a great player. Off the field, maybe not so much.

Edited by Chief Dick

Unfortunately the memory that sticks out to me were comments he made regarding certain issues. Not going to go in it here, but that is the thing I remember most.

On the field, a great player. Off the field, maybe not so much.

If you read what he said, the whole speech, a lot was taken out of context. It's too bad that's what you remember.

He has done a lot for people in many communities. In Tennessee, Philly and Milwaukee/Green Bay.

Actually, here's a memory of White when NOT in a GB uni (and oddly enough, how come the Philly fans aren't chiming in on this one? Curious, IMO):

- I think it was week 1 of the 1991 season, he utterly ABUSED Tony Mandarich - to the point that when asked what the most difficult part of the day was, Mike Golic replied "keeping track of where Reggie threw Mandarich so you didn't trip over him on the way to the QB"