[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking the QB's coming off injury

alchico

This is prompted by Spains tier 2 RB thread. There are by my count 5 qb's coming off some major injuries. How early do you take a chance on these guys. I've listed them in order of there projected ranking but how soon or late, do you really go after one of these guys.

1. Carson Palmer-tier 2

2. Marc Bulger-tier 2

3. Donovan McNabb-tier 2

4. Drew Brees-tier 3

5. Duante Culpepper-tier 3

The word on the street and out of the camps is that all of these guys are way ahead of schedule. I know a lot of that is wishful thinking on some of these guys parts. Do you take one of these guys before a healthy qb or do you take a chance early, forcing yourself to add another qb sooner rather than later. I know most guys feel that 1, 2, and 3 fall into this category but the one that intrigues me the most is Cpepp at the bottom of tier 3. How far does he fall and is he a good risk for your #2???

Another guy i forgot is big ben, where does he fall to in the big picture. Is he still a viable #2??

This is prompted by Spains tier 2 RB thread. There are by my count 5 qb's coming off some major injuries. How early do you take a chance on these guys. I've listed them in order of there projected ranking but how soon or late, do you really go after one of these guys.

1. Carson Palmer-tier 2

2. Marc Bulger-tier 2

3. Donovan McNabb-tier 2

4. Drew Brees-tier 3

5. Duante Culpepper-tier 3

The word on the street and out of the camps is that all of these guys are way ahead of schedule. I know a lot of that is wishful thinking on some of these guys parts. Do you take one of these guys before a healthy qb or do you take a chance early, forcing yourself to add another qb sooner rather than later. I know most guys feel that 1, 2, and 3 fall into this category but the one that intrigues me the most is Cpepp at the bottom of tier 3. How far does he fall and is he a good risk for your #2???

Another guy i forgot is big ben, where does he fall to in the big picture. Is he still a viable #2??

I think it all depends on the league. Dynasty, Palmer is easily a 3rd rounder IMO. He is head and shoulders above the rest.

If were talking redraft, all these guys are iffy before the 5th round.

Either way, I like Palmer this year. Dynasty or redraft, he should put up some very good numbers.

I've done quite a few mocks by now and CPepp is not going as a backup...just thought I'd let you know. He is going later but to teams without a #1. In a 10 Teamer he's gone by the 7th Round so if you were thinking of him as a sleeper...He goes around the time of Bledsoe and Delhomme.

Bulger and Culpepper went right after Eli and Hasselbeck in two drafts in the IBL. Palmer and McNabb both went sooner than both Eli and Hasselbeck. Brees is going much later.

Palmer

McNabb

Bulger

Culpepper

Brees

Edited by MikesVikes

I've done quite a few mocks by now and CPepp is not going as a backup...just thought I'd let you know. He is going later but to teams without a #1. In a 10 Teamer he's gone by the 7th Round so if you were thinking of him as a sleeper...He goes around the time of Bledsoe and Delhomme.

Well i found out yesterday that Cpepp isn't a sleeper. he went in the 6th as that teams 1st qb :D

Palmer went in the 1st, McNabb in the 3rd, Brees in the 3rd :D:D and i took Bulger at the end of the 6th as a backup.

This is an 8 team league that you start 2 qb's but i still shocked me how early these guys went. Especially since you can start 3 rb's.

I think Culpepper is in the worst position of those 5. He was playing just horribly before he got hurt (as if he had totally lost all of his confidence out there). His injury was surely the worst of those QB's plus it limits his scrambling which is what helped him to become something special. And he has to learn a new offense and new personnel. I think alciho's rankings are correct.

I think Culpepper is in the worst position of those 5. He was playing just horribly before he got hurt (as if he had totally lost all of his confidence out there). His injury was surely the worst of those QB's plus it limits his scrambling which is what helped him to become something special. And he has to learn a new offense and new personnel. I think alciho's rankings are correct.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I only like him as a backup if I have a very solid #1 QB. I can't believe there are owners taking him as their #1. Then again I see so many stupid draft moves, I'll believe anything. He looked horrible last year and now is coming off of a devastating injury. Although I think Miami is a team on the rise and Saban is an excellent coach, Culpepper is just too much of a question mark at this point.

I like Palmer, McNabb, and Bulger best of the 5.

Regarding dynasty situations: Palmer is a 1st/2nd round pick. (homer much) I took Manning with 1.06 5 years ago, and never looked back. He's the only one left from my original squad I think. In dynasty leagues, you take the top QBs and WRs earlier than normal IMO as they have better longevity. RBs come and go for the most part. That's not to say I wouldn't take guys like the LTs in the first, but if you can get an elite QB and/or WR early, you'll have a player for years.

Keeper leagues, not so much.