[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 quick tidbits

Avernus

49ers | Smith and Bryant on the same page

Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:58:57 -0700

Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco 49ers QB Alex D. Smith and WR Antonio Bryant are connecting during the team's training camp. Smith hit Bryant Saturday, Aug. 5, for a 55-yard touchdown. While discussing Bryant, Smith said, "The nice thing is, he's a great communicator. When he comes back (to the huddle), he tells you what he sees, what he's thinking. He's a guy that's going to compete for you, get open, get in the right spot."

Giants | Shockey participates in practice Sunday

Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:18:11 -0700

During his press conference, New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said the team gave TE Jeremy Shockey (concussion) some plays in seven-on-seven drills and a couple plays in team drills during the morning practice Sunday, Aug. 6. Shockey added during his press conference that he's not longer dealing with any lingering effects from his concussion.

Bryant might be a decent #3/#4 bye week option this year...

While I might agree with that, I still have to see them play against other teams. Like I said in a previous post, "break out your microscopes everyone". Thanks for the article though Av! I'll keep my eyes on this sitch.

Could be, but I'd rather have Greg Jennings or Brandon Lloyd. The Niners were so bad last year I think I'll stay away. They could be right though.

more here.....

Cowboys | F. Mitchell works out with team

Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:43:05 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys worked out free agent WR Freddie Mitchell (Chiefs) Sunday, Aug. 6.

Bengals | Palmer still not a lock for Week 1

Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:22:12 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (knee) still is not a lock to start the team's Week 1 game. The odds are still in his favor but nobody knows yet if he will be available to. Palmer said he's not completely healthy yet and he's still working at getting his timing down. "I need to be more athletic in the pocket and get back to the technique I've always had and always relied on," Palmer said.

more here.....

Cowboys | F. Mitchell works out with team

Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:43:05 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys worked out free agent WR Freddie Mitchell (Chiefs) Sunday, Aug. 6.

Mitchell and Owens were tight in Philly....in fact, Freddie went to his b-day bash this spring in Atlantic City.