[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks threw an interception!

CaptainHook

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to start the same topic as I was thinking here we go... :D

Doesn't matter, he still threw it.

He threw TD's last year too. Doesn't mean he's not a giant heartless turd who squanders his talent. Did you notice he threw it off his back foot? Get used to that too. He doesn't care about his mechanics. He's sloppy. And he makes the most boneheaded mistakes I've ever seen for a QB. The sad part is that he has a ton of ability. But he's an idiot.

I'd rather have Tim Couch with Ryan Leaf as a back-up at QB for my team. At least then I'd know they just suck, instead of having to pull my hair out at the lack of intensity showed by my team's offensive leader.

Edited by CaptainHook

It was quite a grab by Anderson with a defender all over him. I give him a lot more credit for the TD than the gutless turd with poor mechanics who I also understand does not tip well in restaurants.

I like this guy. . .

He threw TD's last year too. Doesn't mean he's not a giant heartless turd who squanders his talent. Did you notice he threw it off his back foot? Get used to that too. He doesn't care about his mechanics. He's sloppy. And he makes the most boneheaded mistakes I've ever seen for a QB. The sad part is that he has a ton of ability. But he's an idiot.

racist. :D sure call the black QB an idiot. I'm telling ESPN on you. I just hope Tom Jackson doesn't cry.

Edited by BeeR

My disgust with Aaron Brooks is unbounded.

Captain Hook. Most of the time I respect your comments, and listen to everything you have to say even if I disagree. But on this topic, you're vision is clearly clouded!

You have mentioned the fact that he's a heartless giant turd about nine times between several different threads.

It's time to get over the man love/hate relationship you're having with Brooks. I'm not saying I agree/disagree with your POV, you just seem to have some serious issues needing to be dealt with by a mental health professional. Not us lacky fantasy footballers who call the huddle home.

Edited by Raider.Nation

Noted, thanks Big Score. I mean, until 1 minutes ago I WAS thinking "hey, I can get used to this". But after that post, you really set me straight. Thanks, such deep insight is truly helpful!!

Ok...hows about this for deeper insight...the Raiders D sucks...you like them apples?

Ok...hows about this for deeper insight...the Raiders D sucks...you like them apples?

Dude, it's preseason, relax.

The Raiders defense caused 5 turnovers but who cares....so what

What we see during the month of August are only hints at best of what may happen during the regular season but the preseason nevers shows the whole picture...

Besides, no coach is going to have all their guns blazing in the Hall of Fame game.

Wha... you mean tha... but I was thi... no way... NO WAY!!!

Thanks!! Once again, here I was thinking to myself not 1 minute ago "Hmm, Raider D sure doesn't suck" but then BLAM! You again set me straight!

You sir, are Fantasy Football's answer to Mel Kiper Jr.!

Captain Hook. Most of the time I respect your comments, and listen to everything you have to say even if I disagree. But on this topic, you're vision is clearly clouded!

You have mentioned the fact that he's a heartless giant turd about nine times between several different threads.

It's time to get over the man love/hate relationship you're having with Brooks. I'm not saying I agree/disagree with your POV, you just seem to have some serious issues needing to be dealt with by a mental health professional. Not us lacky fantasy footballers who call the huddle home.

Get back to me after this season. You'll see.

Dude, it's preseason, relax.

The Raiders defense caused 5 turnovers but who cares....so what

What we see during the month of August are only hints at best of what may happen during the regular season but the preseason nevers shows the whole picture...

Besides, no coach is going to have all their guns blazing in the Hall of Fame game.

Last year in the pre-season, the Steelers, and especially Roethlisberger were pathetic. There were millions of posts on here calling him a one-year wonder, and predicting doom for the Steelers.......we all know how that turned out..... point is, the pre-season means nothing. I still love watching it and getting to see the young guys play, but, my biggest thoughts during the pre-season is to hope that no Steelers suffer injury, and then none of my fantasy players get hurt.

P.S. I have owned Aaron Brooks & Joe Horn several times in my fantasy football career, and I have to agree with Hook to an extent. He is extremely frustrating to root for. The talent has always been there, but, he lacks passion and makes stupid decisions. I think Hook's frustration is understandable, as my feeling on Brooks are VERY similar. The guy is very frustrating to watch.

Last year in the pre-season, the Steelers, and especially Roethlisberger were pathetic. There were millions of posts on here calling him a one-year wonder, and predicting doom for the Steelers.......we all know how that turned out..... point is, the pre-season means nothing. I still love watching it and getting to see the young guys play, but, my biggest thoughts during the pre-season is to hope that no Steelers suffer injury, and then none of my fantasy players get hurt.

P.S. I have owned Aaron Brooks & Joe Horn several times in my fantasy football career, and I have to agree with Hook to an extent. He is extremely frustrating to root for. The talent has always been there, but, he lacks passion and makes stupid decisions. I think Hook's frustration is understandable, as my feeling on Brooks are VERY similar. The guy is very frustrating to watch.

I agree with you, Brooks is kind of hard to watch because his play is very unpredictable....but one can win a fantasy league with him at the helm (I have...twice) and to call some player a turd before the regular season even starts... a player who's in a completely different environment with a new coach, arguably the best reciever in the league, and a new team is kind of like walking around like a horse with blinders on....but hey, Captain Hook is a Colt fan, you got to wear blinders to cheer for a team that hasnt won a Superbowl in 35 years.

Sure Brooks is a risky QB, but at least give him a chance in the new environment before you condemn him to fantasy football hell...personally I believe he will have a fine year (Fantasy-wise) and I am sure I will draft him for at least one of my leagues in the 7th or 8th round because if he puts up stats like he did in 2003 and 2004 he provides great value for where he is being drafted these days.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Being a life-long Saints fan, I can truely say......

Tnank God Brooks is gone.

I feel very sorry for my Raider comrads. I saw Brooks loose manya game for us Saints fans. Always had the same smile on face....wether he did a good thing or a bad thing.

I hope that Randy Moss will explode this year and make some of the most amazing catches he has ever made.

If you look back at film of Brooks with the Saints, you can see how many bad passes he made and his receivers made really good grabs.