[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks threw an interception!

CaptainHook

It was quite a grab by Anderson with a defender all over him. I give him a lot more credit for the TD than the gutless turd with poor mechanics who I also understand does not tip well in restaurants.

i hear he hates babys and burned the american flag too.... i put him right up there with Ben Ladden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get back to me after this season. You'll see.

Hey I haven't jumped on his bandwagon yet. I think it was a solid pickup for the Raiders though. They needed a guy to come in and make some plays on offense for the next couple seasons until Walters is ready to step in there. And although after watching last night's game, I'd still say that Brooks has to be the starter in week 1. Walter just isn't there yet.

Last year in the pre-season, the Steelers, and especially Roethlisberger were pathetic. There were millions of posts on here calling him a one-year wonder, and predicting doom for the Steelers.......we all know how that turned out.....

:D So unnecessary! Jeez, Menudo!

My disgust with Aaron Brooks is unbounded.

Thank the fact that I own Deuce McAllister in my local dynasty league and have had to watch that clown single-handedly destroy the Saints scoring opportunities.

You and me both, Hook. He cost me a championship a few years ago when I only needed +2 points from him - he got a -1 with turnovers! Ricky Ricardo will never be on my FF team again, even if he was the last QB on earth...

Edit: HA-ha - a s s clown became Ricky Ricardo. classic...

Edited by Coffeeman

:D So unnecessary! Jeez, Menudo!

Easy mr. sensitive, I was just using an example of how little the pre-season means. I use the Steelers as my example, because it fit. Now, take a deep breath, everything will be o.k. :D

Easy mr. sensitive, I was just using an example of how little the pre-season means. I use the Steelers as my example, because it fit. Now, take a deep breath, everything will be o.k. :D

I'm not excited, just giving you crap. You can't post without highjacking a thread, can you? :D

I really don't understand all this hate for Brooks. Until last year he has always put up huge numbers.

It's clearly just hate. If you are going to rip Brooks, then throw in Favre, Plummer, and Delhomme. They all make equally stupid plays and throw a lot of picks. But alas the other 3 are white and don't recieve the same criticism.....

I really don't understand all this hate for Brooks. Until last year he has always put up huge numbers.

It's clearly just hate. If you are going to rip Brooks, then throw in Favre, Plummer, and Delhomme. They all make equally stupid plays and throw a lot of picks. But alas the other 3 are white and don't recieve the same criticism.....

:D

Favre has won a Super Bowl. His play of late on a bad team does not erase his 3 MVP seasons. How many does Brooks have?

Delhomme has played very well in a SB as well. How many has Brooks played in?

Actually, I can't stand Plummer either.

Playing the race card is the easy way out. You're a stupid moran jackass.

See, I can make generalizations too.

Edited by CaptainHook

Favre has won a Super Bowl. His play of late on a bad team does not erase his 3 MVP seasons. How many does Brooks have?

Aaron Brooks played for the flippin SAINTS!!! How the hell is he supposed to get to the Super Bowl with them? And I will say the Brooks has exactly the same amount of SB appearances as that choke artist Peyton Manning.

All I'm saying is that they all make the same dumb decisions on the football field. What difference does it make that Favre went to the Super Bowl and won the MVP 10 years ago? I thought we were talking about the present and the ability to produce as a fantasy QB? I call you out and now it's about Super Bowls and MVPs all of a sudden? Tell me: How many FF championships can you win with Favre's MVP trophy? You might as well wipe your ass with it. See this is exactly my point. You are making excuses for the man who has made more mistakes than anyone the last two years! What a joke you are!

What generalizations have I made? You need to learn how to use the English language, then you wouldn't sound so stupid. And you resort to name calling. How predictable. Tell it like it is and feathers get ruffled. True colors begin to show.

And by the way...how can I be white and play the black race card? Genius....

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

All I'm saying is that they all make the same dumb decisions on the football field.

I've not seen too many quarterbacks try and pass the ball back to an offensive lineman as they are being sacked, throwing the ball twenty yards into the backfield. I've not seen too many quarterbacks laughing as they leave the field after throwing a horrible INT. I've not seen too many quarterbacks yucking it up on the sideline when their team is getting smashed by 30 points thanks to their incompetence.

What difference does it make that Favre went to the Super Bowl and won the MVP 10 years ago? I thought we were talking about the present and the ability to produce as a fantasy QB? I call you out and now it's about Super Bowls and MVPs all of a sudden? Tell me: How many FF championships can you win with Favre's MVP trophy? You might as well wipe your ass with it. See this is exactly my point. You are making excuses for the man who has made more mistakes than anyone the last two years! What a joke you are!

Actually, I wasn't referring to Brooks fantasy football abilities at the outset. I just think he is a terrible quarterback period. Because of this, I don't draft him in fantasy leagues. Just because a guy is a starting QB doesn't mean he's a good fantasy player.

I wasn't making excuses for Favre. Just stating there is a big difference between Aaron Brooks and Brett Favre. YOU lumped them together. If you don't see the difference between the two guys, their coaches did. Brooks was once Favre back-up, yet they traded him away. . .

What generalizations have I made? You need to learn how to use the English language, then you wouldn't sound so stupid. And you resort to name calling. How predictable. Tell it like it is and feathers get ruffled. True colors begin to show.

What generalizations???? How about the generalization that I am coming down on Brooks because he's BLACK? Did you forget that one? Calling people racist ain't gonna win you many friends here. Because of that, I think you are a jackass. You don't know me. You don't know anything other than that I don't like Aaron Brooks. And that makes me racist? You sir, are still a dumbass.

It's quite simple. You brought race into a discussion where is wasn't warranted. . . genius.

Edited by CaptainHook

I've not seen too many quarterbacks try and pass the ball back to an offensive lineman as they are being sacked, throwing the ball twenty yards into the backfield. I've not seen too many quarterbacks laughing as they leave the field after throwing a horrible INT. I've not seen too many quarterbacks yucking it up on the sideline when their team is getting smashed by 30 points thanks to their incompetence.

Actually, I wasn't referring to Brooks fantasy football abilities at the outset. I just think he is a terrible quarterback period. Because of this, I don't draft him in fantasy leagues. Just because a guy is a starting QB doesn't mean he's a good fantasy player.

I wasn't making excuses for Favre. Just stating there is a big difference between Aaron Brooks and Brett Favre. YOU lumped them together. If you don't see the difference between the two guys, their coaches did. Brooks was once Favre back-up, yet they traded him away. . .

What generalizations???? How about the generalization that I am coming down on Brooks because he's BLACK? Did you forget that one? Calling people racist ain't gonna win you many friends here. Because of that, I think you are a jackass. You don't know me. You don't know anything other than that I don't like Aaron Brooks. And that makes me racist? You sir, are still a dumbass.

It's quite simple. You brought race into a discussion where is wasn't warranted. . . genius.

Again with the name calling. I would like to meet you face-to-face, message board tough guy....

Again with the hate. Yeah Brooks is totally and completely responsible for losing every game. Jeez you have some repressed anger. Go hit a punching bag if you can get off your fat ass.

I mean, that must be nothing like throwing repeatedly into quadruple coverage. Uh um Favre, Delhomme...

At least he has never thrown 20+ INTs. Uh um Manning. Manning is one of the biggest chokers ever, and the Colts will never get to the SB with him.....

I have seen Plummer do exactly what you are accusing Brooks of. Where's your Plummer hate thread???

The fact that you can't see the similarities from the FF perspective shows how ignorant you really are. You think I care about friends on a message board? Evidently you have an unfulfilled life, judging by your post count. Why don't you go out with a girl instead of bashing a QB on a message board after the first preseason game, and calling people names who have a different opinion than you....

Here you go hook:

QB Roethlisberger Has Rough Practice

Mike Prisuta, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's first pass of 11-on-11 action was caught by tight end Heath Miller, who pulled the ball in one-handed. But linebacker James Harrison tomahawked it loose with a vicious chop from behind, and cornerback Deshea Townsend scooped up the fumble and returned it for a touchdown. Roethlisberger's second pass, a deep ball to wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, was overthrown and intercepted by strong safety Troy Polamalu.

Uh oh. Ben made a bad play in preseason. Tear him to pieces!!

31 B. Favre QB, GNB 372 607 61.3 3881 6.39 59 20 3.3 29 4.8 24.0 170 70.9

32 A. Brooks QB, NOR 240 431 55.7 2882 6.69 66 13 3.0 17 3.9 33.0 202 70.0

Wow you're right! Favre is way better than Brooks!! Who is the idiot again?

Aaron Brooks played for the flippin SAINTS!!! How the hell is he supposed to get to the Super Bowl with them? And I will say the Brooks has exactly the same amount of SB appearances as that choke artist Peyton Manning.

All I'm saying is that they all make the same dumb decisions on the football field. What difference does it make that Favre went to the Super Bowl and won the MVP 10 years ago? I thought we were talking about the present and the ability to produce as a fantasy QB? I call you out and now it's about Super Bowls and MVPs all of a sudden? Tell me: How many FF championships can you win with Favre's MVP trophy? You might as well wipe your ass with it. See this is exactly my point. You are making excuses for the man who has made more mistakes than anyone the last two years! What a joke you are!

There it is...

Again with the name calling. I would like to meet you face-to-face, message board tough guy....

Jeez you have some repressed anger. Go hit a punching bag if you can get off your fat ass.

6'0" 180 lbs. Is that fat?

Where do you live?

Again with the hate. Yeah Brooks is totally and completely responsible for losing every game.

I never said that, Ricky Ricardo. I said he is a horrible quarterbacks who contributed to the problems his team had.

At least he has never thrown 20+ INTs. Uh um Manning. Manning is one of the biggest chokers ever, and the Colts will never get to the SB with him.....

::D

You're just saying that because he's white. :D

I have seen Plummer do exactly what you are accusing Brooks of. Where's your Plummer hate thread???

Did a quick search, using the :D SEARCH FEATURE. Guess what? I found some for you:

link 1

link 2

Satisfied? Or am I still "racist" for calling out Brooks?

The answer is that you are just ignorant.

Next time I make a post about Aaron Brooks, I'll put an asterik by it. The footnote will read, "I also don't think Jake Plummer is very good". :D

The fact that you can't see the similarities from the FF perspective shows how ignorant you really are. You think I care about friends on a message board? Evidently you have an unfulfilled life, judging by your post count. Why don't you go out with a girl instead of bashing a QB on a message board after the first preseason game, and calling people names who have a different opinion than you....

I've been married for 11 years, but thanks for the advice. I'm also in several leagues on this message board. There is a lot of communication there. And I've been a member for almost 5 years.

Someone's got post count envy. . . :D

QB Roethlisberger Has Rough Practice

Mike Prisuta, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's first pass of 11-on-11 action was caught by tight end Heath Miller, who pulled the ball in one-handed. But linebacker James Harrison tomahawked it loose with a vicious chop from behind, and cornerback Deshea Townsend scooped up the fumble and returned it for a touchdown. Roethlisberger's second pass, a deep ball to wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, was overthrown and intercepted by strong safety Troy Polamalu.

Uh oh. Ben made a bad play in preseason. Tear him to pieces!!

Are you serious with this? If you are, you're a bigger moran than I thought. If you're going to go around calling people "racist" with no basis, be prepared to have to deal with it. You can act all upset that I called you a name, but you flung out the first accusation there bud. You're an idiot.

Edited by CaptainHook

Favre stats are on a weak team, no offensive weapons, no offensive line, injuries.

Brooks - all kinds of offensive weapons, better than average offensive line last year, some injuries but

not as many as GB.

Brooks has been a very poor NFL QB. Fanstay wise so! so! He can put up good numbers for 2 straight weeks then completely suck for 3 weeks, good for 1, etc. Plus if you play in a league that subtracts points for turnovers for those off weeks he puts you in the negative. So those stats you have there, just show that both are poor FF QB's. But when Favre had a team around him, Brooks could'nt even come close to Farve even on his best day.......

"Who's looking good: All the young receivers...all of them...Chris Horn, Jamal Jones, Chase Lyman, Mike Hass and Lance Moore, . They are all catching everything. That could be due to the accuracy of the passers. Aaron Brooks seldom had a practice when he didn't throw a few awry. If these guys keep playing like this, there will be hard cuts to make."

The above quote is from another post. "Saints Camp notes 8-9"

Notice the Brooks reference...... :D

1)Nope hook, never called you a name until you repeatedly did it to me. NEVER called you or anyone a racist. Whatever you inflect on my words is in your own head. I said Brooks gets the bad rep more than the others because he is not white.... :D

2)Manning chokes every year :D

3)Brooks is a "turd", but Plummer is just "not very good"? LOL :D

4)Moron is spelled M-O-R-O-N. For someone who likes to fling insults, you would think you would at least know how to spell them. Especially the small words. :D

5)If you are married, I feel sorry for your wife.... :D

On a side note, neilfish: I guess you missed the McAllister and Horn injuries last year huh? And what do injuries have to do with 29 INTs?

1)Nope hook, never called you a name until you repeatedly did it to me. NEVER called you or anyone a racist. Whatever you inflect on my words is in your own head. I said Brooks gets the bad rep more than the others because he is not white.... :D

Uh, ok. I see the difference. :D

So you're saying I am giving Brooks a bad rap because he's black. But that's not racist. :D

4)Moron is spelled M-O-R-O-N. For someone who likes to fling insults, you would think you would at least know how to spell them. Especially the small words. :D

Somebody want to clue the newbie in? Or should we just let him stand there and look stupid. :D

Edited by CaptainHook