[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Walter

DMD

Mark my words - this kid has some talent. Brooks did himself no favors tonight so far in cementing his starting role that he will likely get by default at least for a while.

Mark my words - this kid has some talent. Brooks did himself no favors tonight so far in cementing his starting role that he will likely get by default at least for a while.

Marked - (and drafted in a few leagues now thanks to these marked words :D )

Brooks is a worthless, heartless, giant crappy turd.

I heard something about that somewhere.

Brooks has some talent no doubt. I just think his decision making is lacking at times. And those times really hurt his team.

This wouldnt be the same Brooks that the Huddle historically over-rated in their projections, and then drafted him in round 4 of SOFA League, with a QB already on the roster who was selected in round 2, would it? :D

This wouldnt be the same Brooks that the Huddle historically over-rated in their projections, and then drafted him in round 4 of SOFA League, with a QB already on the roster who was selected in round 2, would it? :D

and the same Brooks rated #9 right behind Donavan Mcnabb on this years cheat sheet :D

Au Contraire - The Huddle has always ranked him very well other than last year and that was only because he was yanked as a starter. He may not have been the greatest QB for winning games, but over the years he has been a very good fantasy QB.

Using standard performance, he ranked 4th, 5th, 8th, 8th and 15th in the last five years. Last year he performed better than 15th too but he did not play the last three games.

That all said, I may drop him a notch but by the same token this is the most meaningless of all preseason games and they are all pretty meaningless. I would never consider the results from the HOF game as a reason to bump or drop any player really. I can dig out great and horrible performances from last year's preseason to show it is hardly indicative.

But I think the Raiders are going to struggle this year and that could mean eventually letting Walters have playing time which will hurt Brooks numbers obviously. As was mentioned above, neither QB had the actual starting receivers out there.

Meh...new coach, new QB, first preseason game...Brooks is in a good situation if he can get it together. He plays in the AFC West so there will be some shootouts. Their defense is abyssmal so they will be playing catchup a lot. Jordan is a great catching back and Randy Moss is Randy Moss. I personally don't need the stress of having Brooks as my fantasy QB but I can see how one might have optimism.

by the same token this is the most meaningless of all preseason games and they are all pretty meaningless. I would never consider the results from the HOF game as a reason to bump or drop any player really. I can dig out great and horrible performances from last year's preseason to show it is hardly indicative.

Of all pre-season games this is about the same as an intra-squad scrimmage. It is pre-pre-season.

Own Walter in all my dynasty leagues.

Just a lottery ticket in waiting.

From a Huddle dynasty league in 2005:

3.04 QB Andrew Walter, Raiders

Another franchise QB in the making two years from now. Kerry Collins is 33 years old. Looks like good timing to take over the Moss/Porter show for Walter. Last year he was considered a possible #1 over-all candidate... then he got injured. He still has the rocket of an arm and can make all the NFL throws.

I'm still a believer.

Edited by Riffraff

Now I'm curious. Please post here if you've ever won a fantasy championship with Aaron Brooks as your starting QB.

I did twice....in 2003 and 2004. Sure he's not a great team leader and I would prefer someone else leading the Raiders at the QB position this year...BUT he does put up good fantasy points and if you grab him in the 6th, 7th, or 8th round he can be a fairly decent starter for a team stacked with good RB and WR talent.

Below are his stats for those years:

Year Yards TD INT

2003 3546 24 8

2004 3810 21 16

Now granted those were his two best years statistically but like DMD states above, those are numbers that are easily top-8 if not top-5 (depending on format) for those years.

Of course he is! He is a Sun Devil (My Alma Mater). :D

He was a stud in college. Very big. I think 6'6" 230 pound if I remember right. He has quite a long ball, very accurate. I have had a feeling he would blossom once he got into the pros. We shall soon see.

:D to your post!

I did twice....in 2003 and 2004. Sure he's not a great team leader and I would prefer someone else leading the Raiders at the QB position this year...BUT he does put up good fantasy points and if you grab him in the 6th, 7th, or 8th round he can be a fairly decent starter for a team stacked with good RB and WR talent.

Below are his stats for those years:

Year Yards TD INT

2003 3546 24 8

2004 3810 21 16

Now granted those were his two best years statistically but like DMD states above, those are numbers that are easily top-8 if not top-5 (depending on format) for those years.

I grabbed him in the 20th in a keeper league in January as my #3 behind Eli and Green.

Maybe I missed something last night, but Walter did not impress me at all. Very indecisive in his throws, missed everything in sight, and overall looked bad. I actually thought Tuiassassopo looked better. Okay maybe not, but they all looked bad.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I wonder if the Raiders actually prepared for the game at all. The entire team looked terrible.