[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Order

heinzelman

Best Player

Best Player

Best Player

Best Player

I don't like to go into any draft with a list of what positions I want to take when. I think you can hurt yourself by doing that. I alway get a RB in the first two rounds but other then that I go with who I think is the best player available at the time.

Best Player

Best Player

Best Player

Best Player

I don't like to go into any draft with a list of what positions I want to take when. I think you can hurt yourself by doing that. I alway get a RB in the first two rounds but other then that I go with who I think is the best player available at the time.

we'll thats a given

standard league- I always go: Not a big fan of grabbing WR1 in rds 1 or 2

RB

RB

WR

WR/QB- depends on draft run

WR/QB- depends

Yep, with the hopes that I can get somebody like Mark Bulger in the 6th, I might evn weasle a 3rd RB into my top 5 -- or a top TE ...

There are many different philospohies based on draft position. Look over the analyzed mocks. Most try and get the hifgest tiered players for each position, or best player. best player.

Kicker/kicker/kicker usualy doesn't work. :D

I never go into a draft already deciding on position order. Number of starting positions and scoring adds in another determining factor.

Say I have the first pick in a standard scoring 10 man and take LJ. What do you do if there's a run on 17 - 18 RBs (and toss in Manning)? You're left with Dillon, Benson, and Dunn staring at you while possibly TO, Holt, and Fitz are waving at you saying 'Pick ME!'. If Tier 2 RBs are largely exhausted I'm taking 2 Tier 1 WRs and look for the Fred Taylors of the league next round.

Perhaps Manning didn't get picked? You could conceivably be looking at an LJ/Holt/Manning trio. Strong start with yet another different scenario.

Ok, live draft is a iven but how do you fill your rooster, QB, RB, WR, WR - QB, RB, WR, RB...which is it? Looking for conventional wisdom here, thanks!

Generally, I don't fill my rooster with anything. Just barbeque sauce on top.

If you have a high draft pick, RB/RB is the way to go. If you're lste in Rd 1: 10-12 then get funky and grab whatever you want, even if it's WR/WR that gets you Steve Smith and Chad Johnson for instance. Warrick Dunn is always there in the 3rd.

If you have a high draft pick, RB/RB is the way to go. If you're lste in Rd 1: 10-12 then get funky and grab whatever you want, even if it's WR/WR that gets you Steve Smith and Chad Johnson for instance. Warrick Dunn is always there in the 3rd.

I disagree- if I have 10-12 pick, that is the spot to grab 2 quailty RB IMO- I just think the variance is too great for RB as opposed to WR.

I think picks 1-2 is where you consider grabbing a WR1 in rd. 2- if there is a sick run on RB's as mentioend above.

slightly of topic- but you all see Karabell's article on PManning?? he has never finished as the #1 FF QB- ever. Interesting- and yet pppl still take him in rd 1 - amazing

Edited by wildcat2334

I work of the "core" principal, and by "core" I mean RB, RB, WR, WR, QB. My first two rounds are spent on RB's and then depending on the flow of the draft I may switch up at round 3. However, 90% of the time I go RB-RB-WR-WR-QB, but regardless I get those starting positions in the stable. I'll never spend a pick in Rds 1-5 on a TE(yes including Gates) as studies since 1989 have shown me that DT usually out point the TE. Now if it is a mandatory TE league and there is a good one in Rd 6 then it's between my starting TE and my back-up or RB#3, that being said, I'll have my TE by Rd 8.

:D 2004?

I know- I thought the same thing- from the article below.......

• In 2005, he was third behind Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Week 17 could have changed that, but it didn't.

• In 2004, as great as he was, Daunte Culpepper barely edged him out.

• In 2003, it was Culpepper again.

• In 2002, Rich Gannon, Michael Vick and Culpepper beat Manning.

• In 2001, Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Gannon, Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb topped Peyton.

• In 2000, it was Culpepper and Garcia.

• In 1999, Warner, Steve Beuerlein (remember that season?) and Gannon beat him.

I disagree- if I have 10-12 pick, that is the spot to grab 2 quailty RB IMO- I just think the variance is too great for RB as opposed to WR.

I think picks 1-2 is where you consider grabbing a WR1 in rd. 2- if there is a sick run on RB's as mentioend above.

slightly of topic- but you all see Karabell's article on PManning?? he has never finished as the #1 FF QB- ever. Interesting- and yet pppl still take him in rd 1 - amazing

Difference in philosophies I guess. I'd rather have WRs 1+2 instead of Rb's 10+11.

There are always position runs, and it starts with the RBs goes to Wr's then back to RBs while QBs slip in 1 or 2 per round.

I'd rather have Holt/Johnson paired with Dunn and this year jamal Lewis is slipping into the 4th rounds, instead of a roster of Rudi Johnson/Westbrook and 3rd/4th Rd WRs Driver/DJax.

But that's just me. (either of those lineups is begging for Jake Delhomme IMO, especially the first one becuase then you get Smith's production on your team as well.

• In 2004, as great as he was, Daunte Culpepper barely edged him out.

That is ONLY in leagues where rushing yards are worth more than pasing yards. In my local all yardage scores the same and CPep averaged less than 1.5 points less than Manning that year in our system. It was close, but manning was #1.

That is ONLY in leagues where rushing yards are worth more than pasing yards. In my local all yardage scores the same and CPep averaged less than 1.5 points less than Manning that year in our system. It was close, but manning was #1.

yeah- for sure- it just surprised me, and I think the main point was as good as PM is- he is ridiculously overvalued and picked way way too high in most drafts. I think most of us huddlers benefit by not taking him, and always congratulate the donkey in our leagues who does- great pick Steve! Manning is gonna go off this year

you realize that you just contradicted yourself ...