[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holy Samole, Mike Bell!

Bronco Billy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no big value in Mike Bell. He's nothing better than a number 3.5/4 on a fantasy team. Too much uncertainty.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :D But, that's pretty good short term value for a 7th round pick in our 8 round FDSB rookie draft. He probably wouldn't last until Round 3 if our rookie draft was held today. If you picked this guy, the kool-aid would be a flowing along with a minimum of 20 dancing bananas drawing attention to your percieved genuis as a FF drafter.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :D But, that's pretty good short term value for a 7th round pick in our 8 round FDSB rookie draft. He probably wouldn't last until Round 3 if our rookie draft was held today. If you picked this guy, the kool-aid would be a flowing along with a minimum of 20 dancing bananas drawing attention to your percieved genuis as a FF drafter.

Not saying anything about your pick and I might've even taken him before 3rd, upside is huge, but Bell shouldn't be praised yet since this entire thing could very well go vice versa before Week 1.

I think Shanahan is simply putting who he has seen as his best all-around RB on the field with the 1st team on Friday. I don't think it's a ploy to motivate anyone or playing head games with the league or FF owners. Now it's up to M Bell to keep the job by his play during the preseason. If he can't, I'd imagine we'll see Dayne back at #1 RB with M Bell dropping to #3.

I know you for a long time now BB, and this statement confirms that you have been talking out of yer ass for all these years re: the Den RB situation. I will bet you 2007 TOCOL league fees that Bell will not be the top RB stat wise this year when the dust has settled. In addition, when I win, I get 30 seconds with yer hot yenta wife to do whatever I want :D:D:D:D

I know you for a long time now BB, and this statement confirms that you have been talking out of yer ass for all these years re: the Den RB situation. I will bet you 2007 TOCOL league fees that Bell will not be the top RB stat wise this year when the dust has settled. In addition, when I win, I get 30 seconds with yer hot yenta wife to do whatever I want :D:D:D:D

I don't see how you think he is so wrong in this scenario. From the moment TC opened, the only back I've constantly heard good things about is Mike Bell. Dayne/Tatum get the occasional compliment, but nothing spectacular. There is no reason to mistrust what the coaching staff of DEN is saying re; this situation.

LMFAO @ Raider Nation

TOOL !!!! :D

Wow. Man all I am doing is stating my opinion, just the same as BB or anyone else here. You've been around long enough to know that. Don't hate on people for putting their opinions out there, whether they are in agreement or disagreement with you. Grow up, and try to enjoy this site for what it is!

Wow. Man all I am doing is stating my opinion, just the same as BB or anyone else here. You've been around long enough to know that. Don't hate on people for putting their opinions out there, whether they are in agreement or disagreement with you. Grow up, and try to enjoy this site for what it is!

I gotta agree. Where did that blast come from, HoP? Seemed kind of unnecessary.

I love your quote from Sweetness. Emmit Smith & Hank Aaron are good examples of broken but not really broken records.

What? They're legit. Maybe they weren't the superlative talents of the guys whose records they broke, but they showed up and punched the clock and were REALLY good for REALLY long.

Full disclosure is I don't give a crap about Emmitt but think the Hammer is massively UNDER-rated.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot the huddle has become a liberal touchy-feely type site and it is not accepted to jazz somebody you know and have been in a league with for years. Bronco Billy is a well respected FF God here, and once again I am sorry for the intrusion.......Maybe Swiss and Raider should hug now, and everone can feel better and dance a happy dance.... It's no wonder why spain likes this f'in place so much !!!!!

:kiss:

This is more motivational stuff from Shanny. He's a bit concerned over RB, he did have an interest in Thomas Jones. He's lighting a fire under Dayne and Tatum with this move. He wants more from these guys. I've read reports of Shanny humping the leg of most of his rookies... Cutler, Mike Bell, Brandon Marshall, and Dumervil. I found that odd and I assume he's feeding the media.

Probably just wants to see what he has behind the starters. See how MB preforms on stage against the first unit a little bit. Maybe MB runs with it, it's not out of the realm of possibility. This will be a preseason game worth checking out

I thought that Shanahan liked Dayne because Wisconsin used the same blocking scheme that the Broncos do and that Dayne doesn't juke and jive. Of course the drawback is that Dayne is incapable of juking and jiving so that's a horse of a different color.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot the huddle has become a liberal touchy-feely type site and it is not accepted to jazz somebody you know and have been in a league with for years. Bronco Billy is a well respected FF God here, and once again I am sorry for the intrusion.......Maybe Swiss and Raider should hug now, and everone can feel better and dance a happy dance.... It's no wonder why spain likes this f'in place so much !!!!!

:kiss:

LOFL @ anyone who has been here a few years & raking HoPpy for his statements.

Give me 2 weeks & I may just take you up on that bet, my sorry ass Hillary loving friend.

This is more motivational stuff from Shanny. He's a bit concerned over RB, he did have an interest in Thomas Jones. He's lighting a fire under Dayne and Tatum with this move. He wants more from these guys. I've read reports of Shanny humping the leg of most of his rookies... Cutler, Mike Bell, Brandon Marshall, and Dumervil. I found that odd and I assume he's feeding the media.

Probably just wants to see what he has behind the starters. See how MB preforms on stage against the first unit a little bit. Maybe MB runs with it, it's not out of the realm of possibility. This will be a preseason game worth checking out

I expected to hear this, and I've heard it on DEN radio shows also. I can state pretty emphatically that Shanahan doesn't play head games with his players - it's why his players respect him so much. When he makes a move on the depth chart, it's because he's putting who he thinks is the best player on top. Now the move may indeed motivate T Bell & Dayne, but that isn't the reason for the move. The reason is the simple explanation - M Bell has been the best RB in camp so far.

Now with M Bell, Dayne, & T Bell, T Bell is always going to be the #2 RB because he's the CoP RB. He is the homerun hitter who can only sustain limited carries, and he won't see much if any short yardage/goal line situations. The other 2 will be fighting for #1/#3 RB as to which is the stater & logs the more work, and which backs the #1 RB up. It's just like last year when Anderson was the #1 RB, T Bell was the #2 RB, and Dayne was the #3 RB. If Anderson would have hurt for a sustained period, Dayne would have moved to #1, not T Bell.

BTW - FYI M Bell is also listed as the #1 KO return guy. He'll obviously be relieved of that duty if he keeps the #1 RB spot. But that news pretty much locks him into the active roster unless he flat out steps on his dick during preseason games. That kind of puts the "slow" tag to sleep with him, IMO. That also means Cedric Cobbs' time in DEN could be very short.

As far as the other rookies, word out of camp is that Cutler has been making throws that players have only seen Elway & Favre make and that he can fit a football into seams that Plummer & BVP definitely can't. He apparently is picking up the playbook well, and is apparently becoming much more comfortable. Plummer is also having an outstanding camp, and will start this year as long as he is healthy - but next year this could easily be Cutler's team for the next decade running.

That Marshall is making a play for the #3 WR isn't exactly earth shattering news. It speaks to his ability, but it also speaks to his competition beyond R Smith & Walker. Word has it that WR David Kircus has also excelled and also is listed as the #2 KO return guy. Kircus has been catching a ton of TDs in camp.

As for Dumervil, he's listed as a 3rd string DT right now, so I don't know what you're talking about with him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Here's an article from today's Rocky Mountain News with coach's quotes regarding M Bell:

LINK

Rookie passes Dayne, Tatum Bell as starter; Cutler moves to No. 2

ENGLEWOOD - It wasn't the ice in the cold tub that made rookie Mike Bell freeze up suddenly Sunday. It was the news he was being summoned to coach Mike Shanahan's office for a little training camp chitchat that provided an unpleasant adrenaline rush.

"I was thinking the worst," Bell said.

Getting cut might have been shocking, given Bell's performance during the Broncos' first nine days of on-field workouts.

But what Bell then heard was equally as startling.

The undrafted rookie free agent was informed by Shanahan that he was being elevated to No. 1 on the depth chart at tailback, ahead of Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne, who are second and third in the pecking order...

The primary knock on Bell was he ran several 40-yard dashes in the 4.6-second range despite the fact he was the only runner in Arizona history to lead the team in rushing four seasons.

But Broncos running backs coach Bobby Turner believed Bell had the vision, requisite quickness and one-cut mentality needed to thrive with the team. The two spoke weekly before Bell signed a three-year contract that included a $20,000 signing bonus in May.

The rookie was just another running back in organized team activities, sessions that leaned heavily on the passing game, before exploding on the scene in camp. He has demonstrated power between the tackles, open-field moves and a nonstop motor and has fallen forward for extra yardage consistently in gaining the upper hand.

"Mike's been out here killing in practices," said Dayne, who had been running with the first team. "If I was the coach and watched, I'd have probably taken Mike, too."

Assistant head coach Mike Heimerdinger maintained the test now is whether Bell can deal with an accelerated learning curve, handle pass protections and succeed when the coaching staff isn't providing on-field guidance every snap. But, he added, Bell's running style fits the Broncos prototype.

"I think it's sending two messages, that practice is important, first of all, and that we do evaluate it and nothing's guaranteed here," Heimerdinger said. "And the second thing is that we're going to play the best players. That's always been the history of the Denver Broncos. The guys that we feel can help us win are the guys that are going to be on the field."

After practice, Turner's final instruction to the new starter was to "keep studying."

And Bell later promised to avoid becoming complacent.

"I've got to stay hungry," he said. "I came here with a chip on my shoulder and I've got to continue having a chip on my shoulder."

IMHO, this is simply because the COP back is listed at #2. Bell is the COP back, regardless of who's starting.

Now with M Bell, Dayne, & T Bell, T Bell is always going to be the #2 RB because he's the CoP RB. He is the homerun hitter who can only sustain limited carries, and he won't see much if any short yardage/goal line situations.

:D

I will add this to the discussion...

Mike Bell has one thing at this time. He has a chance. If he comed out in the preseason games and dominates, he will keep the top spot on the depth chart. At this point in time he is as risky a pick as any other Denver RB, but you have to respect his chance to be The Guyâ„¢