[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commissioner Help, Please

Scooby

In a keeper league, what is the correct procedure for selecting your keepers? Does the commissioner get to see who everyone keeps before he/she decides? or is the commish suppose to swap with another owner the night before? Please advise.

The commish should always act above reproach, even if it may put them at a slight competitive disadvantage.

If keepers are not announced at a management site where no one can see anyone else's transactions, then the commish ought to send an e-mail with his keepers the day before to 2 league mates - who should not open that e-mail until after keepers are declared, if they are ethical also.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The commish should always act above reproach, even if it may put them at a slight competitive disadvantage.

If keepers are not announced at a management site where no one can see anyone else's transactions, then the commish ought to send an e-mail with his keepers the day before to 2 league mates - who should not open that e-mail until after keepers are declared, if they are ethical also.

Agree 100%. Or, if there is someone that is a non-member of the league that he can send them to but that the league owners are willing to trust that is an additional option

Keepers are due by a certain date in my league. I always make my selection a few days in advance of this date and let everyone know who I have chosen. I'll then accept teams' keepers. If an injury should occur, I do have the right to change my pick. All owners agree on that.

All other owners let me know their keepers by this date. I do not make it public until the deadline has passed, posting it on our league website. The commish should always be above reproach as BB said, but remember that he also has to field a team. As long as he is up front with what he is doing and is not taking advantage of any other information that others do not have.

What happened, Scooby?

Why would keepers be hidden from anyone? In my keeper league we just announce our keepers when ever were ready to (at any point before the draft starts) and due to preseason injuries, owners certinly have the right to change them at any point before the draft starts.

we just announce our keepers when ever were ready to (at any point before the draft starts) and due to preseason injuries, owners certinly have the right to change them at any point before the draft starts.

What's the point of announcing them early if you have the right to change them up until draft day??

What's the point of announcing them early if you have the right to change them up until draft day??

Courtesy to the other owners so that they can start preparing for the draft accordingly. For the most part nobody changes them once announced unless of course they get a preseason injury.

Why would keepers be hidden from anyone?

Strategic advantage to know who others are keeping before you have to declare. If you see most other owners are protecting more WRs than expected, you can more safely let your WRs go as WR will not ba a priority in the draft for most teams, etc.

In a live draft it's quite easy. Hand out index cards for everyone to write their keepers on, collect them and read off the commish's first. Totally above board and easy for the commish.

For an online draft, as has been stated previously the commish just states his a bit earlier.

The only time it would even make a difference is if the league is an optional keeper. If it's mandatory to keep "X" amount of players I don't think it would matter much any way you do it.