[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do people think Randy Moss will screw us again?

Liverlips

Ya, we all know Randy is hitting the bong. If his eyes and hairdo's werent dead give-aways, or him dragging a traffic cop through downtown Minniapolis with a joint rolling around his floorboards, or his wonderfully enlightening HBO special in which he proclaimed he still likes the occasional blunt, or maybe seeing him on the side of Jeff Green's Chevrolet at Indy with his corn rows drinking a nice tasty fruit juice, if all that isnt a dead giveaway he isnt in the game, well i dont know what is!

everybody knew it when they let him slip to the Vikings in the 98 draft....

what, was he taken 18th or something?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, we all know Randy is hitting the bong. If his eyes and hairdo's werent dead give-aways, or him dragging a traffic cop through downtown Minniapolis with a joint rolling around his floorboards, or his wonderfully enlightening HBO special in which he proclaimed he still likes the occasional blunt, or maybe seeing him on the side of Jeff Green's Chevrolet at Indy with his corn rows drinking a nice tasty fruit juice, if all that isnt a dead giveaway he isnt in the game, well i dont know what is!

haha, sarcasm aside, I don't see what any of that has to do with Randy catchin' TDs. So he enjoys the occasional blunt...so do many doctors and professors. He didn't "drag a cop", haha. He's in the game.

another point :

News: Randy Moss has restructured his contract again, making it more likely he'll need a new deal after 2006.

Impact: If ever there was a player that would perform better in a "contract year", it's Moss. Now his cap number is $12.02 million in 2007 and $13.52 million in 2008. Al Davis loves his star players, but Moss will need an MVP-type season or the Raiders will want to cut him or re-do his entire deal after this year. (Fri. Aug 4, 2006)

nuff said. Huge year.

who the hell is Robert Edwards? #18? nice job, NE.

/that was a pretty good first round. studly

Edwards had a VERY nice rookie year (1400+ total yds, 12 tds) before injuring his knee so badly in a Pro Bowl rookie challenge beach football game that the doctors considered amputation.

If he was a bust, it was because of rotten luck, not any fault of NE's. He was a pretty good pick.

1 Indianapolis- Peyton Manning QB Tennessee

2 San Diego- Ryan Leaf QB Washington State

3 Arizona- Andre Wadsworth DE Florida State

4 Oakland- Charles Woodson CB Michigan

5 Chicago- Curtis Enis RB Penn State

6 St. Louis- Grant Wistrom DE Nebraska

7 New Orleans- Kyle Turley T San Diego State

8 Dallas- Greg Ellis DE North Carolina

9 Jacksonville- Fred Taylor RB Florida

10 Baltimore- Duane Starks CB Miami

11 Philadelphia- Tra Thomas T Florida State

12 Atlanta- Keith Brooking OLB Georgia Tech

13 Cincinnati- Takeo Spikes OLB Auburn

14 Carolina- Jason Peter DE Nebraska

15 Seattle- Anthony Simmons OLB Clemson

16 Tennessee- Kevin Dyson WR Utah

17 Cincinnati- Brian Simmons OLB North Carolina

18 New England- Robert Edwards RB Georgia

19 Green Bay- Vonnie Holliday DT North Carolina

20 Detroit- Terry Fair CB Tennessee

21 Minnesota- Randy Moss WR Marshall

22 New England- Tebucky Jones SS Syracuse

23 Oakland- Mo Collins G Florida

24 N.Y. Giants- Shaun Williams SS UCLA

25 Jacksonville- Donovin Darius SS Syracuse

26 Pittsburgh- Alan Faneca G Louisiana State

27 Kansas City- Victor Riley T Auburn

28 San Francisco- R.W. McQuarters CB Oklahoma State

29 Miami- John Avery RB Mississippi

30 Denver- Marcus Nash WR Tennessee

"Not a bad 1st round overall though."

^I concur

Edwards had a VERY nice rookie year (1400+ total yds, 12 tds) before injuring his knee so badly in a Pro Bowl rookie challenge beach football game that the doctors considered amputation.

If he was a bust, it was because of rotten luck, not any fault of NE's. He was a pretty good pick.

I had him, Fred Taylor and Cunningham in 98...

never had any of them again...

maybe I was freddie's good luck charm? :D

Holliday was iffy for me....he still plays, but is a non-factor..

He was VERY solid in GB for 4 years and his first year in...umm...wherever he went after that.

Would you like more? Sure. But as a Packer fan, I wasn't disappointed with the outcome.

He was VERY solid in GB for 4 years and his first year in...umm...wherever he went after that.

Would you like more? Sure. But as a Packer fan, I wasn't disappointed with the outcome.

I think it was KC......whuppi cushion run D...

he was pretty good in GB....

I don't see Randy Moss making out of the 2nd round in too many drafts with knowledgable FF drafters. The previous years statiscal performance of any player is almost allways weighted too heavily on any given potential impact player. Sure, Brooks sucks, but Oakland will be playing catch up for the majority of the season. If Moss stays healthy there is no reason he doesn't return to a dominant receiver.

Randy is 6' 14" and Aaron isn't afraid to toss it downfield. Sure, Brooks will put it up for grabs, but that is an advantage if you have that particular WR on your team. R. Moss could likely be a better bargain than Lamont Jordan this year. The biggest danger here is if Oakland sucks so bad, they turn to Walters. Who knows what happens then.

The biggest danger here is if Oakland sucks so bad, they turn to Walters. Who knows what happens then.

He probably chucks it downfield in the general vicinity of Moss.

I don't see Randy Moss making out of the 2nd round in too many drafts with knowledgable FF drafters. The previous years statiscal performance of any player is almost allways weighted too heavily on any given potential impact player. Sure, Brooks sucks, but Oakland will be playing catch up for the majority of the season. If Moss stays healthy there is no reason he doesn't return to a dominant receiver.

Randy is 6' 14" and Aaron isn't afraid to toss it downfield. Sure, Brooks will put it up for grabs, but that is an advantage if you have that particular WR on your team. R. Moss could likely be a better bargain than Lamont Jordan this year. The biggest danger here is if Oakland sucks so bad, they turn to Walters. Who knows what happens then.

Randy might be the tallest WR ever....

He probably chucks it downfield in the general vicinity of Moss.

That could very well be and I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant of the Art Shell philosophy. I do know one year I had TO in San Fran putting up some very healthy stats and I believe they put in a new QB (maybe even Garcia) 1/2 way through the season either due to injury or rebuliding. The playbook was simplified, the O was horrendous, and TO rode the bench for the rest of the year.

Talent wise Moss is the best receiver in the game.

I think if him and Culpepper have stayed together he could have beaten Rice's records....

I dont know what to say about him without a qb to throw him the ball. It sucks to watch his talent wasted.

I don't see Randy Moss making out of the 2nd round in too many drafts with knowledgable FF drafters. The previous years statiscal performance of any player is almost allways weighted too heavily on any given potential impact player.

Ahh, but it's been TWO bad years. 49 catches for 767 yards in 2004. 60 catches for 1005 yards in 2005. Not exactly the production I'm looking for in a top WR.

I definitely think that it's possible for Randy Moss to get back into the top 5 of WRs. He arguably has the most raw talent of all of the WRs out there... it's his work ethic/offensive opportunities that are keeping him from being the #1 WR right now. I wouldn't draft him any higher than he has been projected this season, but he's still got the ability to be the best IMHO.

I gotta say, from a similar vantage point - a guy who does more reading than posting... If a guy breaks a four-year silence to post the virtues of Randy Moss, I'm gonna listen, and maybe move him up a spot or two in my rankings. The Dude has good points. I was contemplaing taking Randy with the 2.08, and if he's there, I just might roll the dice...

When MOSS & TO are healthy & distraction free, they're by far the best 2 fantasy wr's in the NFL, of course those 2 things are very big if's.

If anyone lands Moss in mid 2nd or high or low 3rd round they're getting a steal IMO. Moss's hands, speed, and leaping ability are better then 99% of the wr's out there. He's not past his prime yet. Take moss or TO and don't look back.

my WR rankings (further the TD distance more pts you receive)

1) TO (straight up monster physically and mentally)

2) C. Johnson (only if Palmer healthy at the end of preseason)

3) R. Moss Hands, Speed, leaping, etc. 1400 - 13-15 td's.

4) L. Fitzgerald

5) T. Holt

6) S. Smith

7) M. Harrison

8) C. Chambers

9) A. Boldin

10) D. Driver

Moss is on the downside of his career, keeps getting hurt, and Aaron Brooks will frustrate him more than the other QB's he has blamed over the past few years. I predict he will be ticked off before the season starts when Brooks can't hit him consistently, will have one or two big games in there somewhere, be hurt with some kind of nagging injury, and end up a mid-tier "threat" each week that he makes the lineup.

I could be wrong, but I think if he didn't have impact last year, he will have even less this season. The only upside I see is that Jordan is supposedly now committed to learning the offense and figuring things out, which could help the passing game some.