[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone do a 14 (or more) team league?

msaint

My local is a 14 team auction league and I enjoy it the most. You have to really look hard for players and always look at the waiver wire for the hot player. You are still going to have your one or two great studs but you will have more average players on your team. I think the owners in your league are just afraid of having to work a little harder.

My local is a 14 team auction league and I enjoy it the most. You have to really look hard for players and always look at the waiver wire for the hot player. You are still going to have your one or two great studs but you will have more average players on your team. I think the owners in your league are just afraid of having to work a little harder.

bingo. guys have been in this for 10 years, and are getting lazy.

Is your local in Tampa? Im always looking to join another local league... Especially ones where everyone is a Bucs fan and has man love for anyone in orange and white... Oh wait, you dont remember those days huh? hahaha

:D

and which flex system do people like best...?

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 RB/WR/QB

TE

D

K

or

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 WR/RB

TE

K

D

My league uses one of three offensive variations. We start eight players, and 1 QB, 1 K and 1 D is a constant. We are not required to use a TE. WR and TE are called receivers.

Conventional, 2 RB, 3 REC

Wishbone, 3 RB, 2 REC

Run N Shoot, 1 RB, 4 REC

A team is not married into any offense and can change week to week.

Is your local in Tampa? Im always looking to join another local league... Especially ones where everyone is a Bucs fan and has man love for anyone in orange and white... Oh wait, you dont remember those days huh? hahaha

:D

While my "permanent address" is still in Tampa, I am only there about 5 months out of the year. I'm away at grad school. My local is a bunch of Patriot and Giants fans, so the man-love is basically for Tom Brady and Tiki Barber. Also, I get my choice of all the Bucs players I want, at a discount. :D I'm still in 2 leagues down there but my main concentration has been on the local up here. Oh so what's this about Orange and White???? I don't recall "my" Bucs wearing any combination of those colors... :D

My league uses one of three offensive variations. We start eight players, and 1 QB, 1 K and 1 D is a constant. We are not required to use a TE. WR and TE are called receivers.

Conventional, 2 RB, 3 REC

Wishbone, 3 RB, 2 REC

Run N Shoot, 1 RB, 4 REC

A team is not married into any offense and can change week to week.

We do that, except we just use two RB/WR/TE flex positions to go with 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR/TEs, 1 K and 1 D. Gives you the same three options.

TE receiving yards are also worth 50 percent more: 1 receiving yard = .1 point for RB/WR, .15 point for a TE. This also really expands your options, from draft day to waiver wire to the starting lineup. A nifty way to expand the player pool and add some strategy.

6 man leagues against my family or the neighborhood kids are the only way to go.

+1.53467

With regards to thin talent pools, I just finished my first 32 team draft, & that is ONE thing I will never complain about again... :D

Edited by Bonehand