[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richardson compares C.Taylor to Priest

Savage Beatings

I just took Taylor 6th overall in a keeper league. I think he's the second coming of Gayle Sayers.

Is that Gale's sister?

Actually, projecting him with Sayers' numbers (if he wins the starting job outright) sounds about right:

973 yds rushing with 8 rushing TDs

263 yds receiving with 2 receiving TDs

Pretty solid #2 RB in FF.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You take a few runs away from him each season, and he averages well under 4 yards a carry.

I hate when people say things like this. The same can be said for most players. First player that comes to mind is Chris Chambers. Everyone has him so high because he had 15 catches, 225ish yards, and a TD. Take those away from him and then what is he? A sub 1000 yard WR, not sure what his catch total would be...

Point it, everyone has ups and downs. I dont wanna hear anything about stats being inflated because he had a good game or 2, or whatever. Thats what makes them good in the 1st place.

Even if you're not a C. Taylor believer you have to bump him up your rankings based on this news. He has way more value in a performance league because the guy is a very good receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 50-60 catches this year for 400+ yards. With Richardson and Hutchinson added to the mix, he should add another 1,100 yards rushing. The thing I'm not sure about with him is TD's. For now, I don't see him getting more than 8 total TD's making him a solid RB2. Like most players, his potential and final numbers will depend on his ability to stay healthy.

Even if you're not a C. Taylor believer you have to bump him up your rankings based on this news. He has way more value in a performance league because the guy is a very good receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 50-60 catches this year for 400+ yards. With Richardson and Hutchinson added to the mix, he should add another 1,100 yards rushing. The thing I'm not sure about with him is TD's. For now, I don't see him getting more than 8 total TD's making him a solid RB2. Like most players, his potential and final numbers will depend on his ability to stay healthy.

I agree....

with the way I am supporting Taylor...it probably sounds like I have him rushing for 1300 yds and 10 TD's...

I don't care if he gets more than 5 TD's if he catches 4-5 balls a game and rushes for at least 60...

my scoring heavily favors him

if he gets 70 rush yds, 5 rec. 50 rec yds.....this equals...

22 pts...

Ok... you guys are getting a little excited here. It's a pretty non-informative article really, but there are some things that can be gleaned that might help to sway how you feel about Taylor.

First, Taylor's coaches and teammates are high on him. Might not mean much, but it is at least one positive thing.

Second, he is clearly the #1 RB in Minny (no more RBBC debate necessary).

Third, his physical makeup/style/abilities are being compared to the greatest FF RB ever. Again, he has to prove he can do it, but it is a posititve thing.

Fourth, the Viking's Midwest Coast Offense is going to be good for whichever person is the starting RB (right now that is Taylor).

There's not much else going on here really. As I said originally, it's mostly a homer cheerleader piece.

Now what exactily were you smoking when you thought of these expectations?

And you take him in the 1st round next year and im sure everyone will be laughing.

Who went #1 overall Samkon Gado? HA

What was I smoking? Nothing. I dont smoke much anymore. All I do is state my opinion and wait for bufoons like you to criticize them.

Instead of being a Crazy Little Thing Called Love, why dont you spell out why you DONT hink he'll put up these kind of numbers? Oh wait... youre a Steeler fan and you just dont believe a RB can have these kinds of stats... my bad.

What was I smoking? Nothing. I dont smoke much anymore. All I do is state my opinion and wait for bufoons like you to criticize them.

Instead of being a Crazy Little Thing Called Love, why dont you spell out why you DONT hink he'll put up these kind of numbers? Oh wait... youre a Steeler fan and you just dont believe a RB can have these kinds of stats... my bad.

Your a bills fan, your bad

I agree....

with the way I am supporting Taylor...it probably sounds like I have him rushing for 1300 yds and 10 TD's...

I don't care if he gets more than 5 TD's if he catches 4-5 balls a game and rushes for at least 60...

my scoring heavily favors him

if he gets 70 rush yds, 5 rec. 50 rec yds.....this equals...

22 pts...

I'm in a similar style league but that total above would get me 17 points. The more I think about this guy, he could end up being a beast. I'll be watching him closely in preseason....

Ok... you guys are getting a little excited here. It's a pretty non-informative article really, but there are some things that can be gleaned that might help to sway how you feel about Taylor.

First, Taylor's coaches and teammates are high on him. Might not mean much, but it is at least one positive thing.

Second, he is clearly the #1 RB in Minny (no more RBBC debate necessary).

Third, his physical makeup/style/abilities are being compared to the greatest FF RB ever. Again, he has to prove he can do it, but it is a posititve thing.

Fourth, the Viking's Midwest Coast Offense is going to be good for whichever person is the starting RB (right now that is Taylor).

There's not much else going on here really. As I said originally, it's mostly a homer cheerleader piece.

Perhaps excitement plays a part, but I really believe he has what it takes to be a star. All the points listed here are true, and he would basically have to be a complete bust to not be at LEAST a very good RB2 in any scoring format.

Bottom line is this - If you are in agreeance with me, and like Taylor as much as I do, you will gladly take him in the mid 2nd round as you RB2. If he slips to the 3rd, even better. If you dont like the guy, then you know what? You dont have to draft him. Go draft Jamal Lewis. I hear he's supposed to have a bounce back year.... again.

I'm in a similar style league but that total above would get me 17 points. The more I think about this guy, he could end up being a beast. I'll be watching him closely in preseason....

the only difference is when a RB catches the ball...every 10 rec yds is 2 pts....

it favors players who perform out of their position....

like WR's that sometimes run or throw...or QB's that run...

:D:D

after bashing him immediately after the 2000 yd season....I am actually on that bandwagon a little...

I felt that way last year, but it bit me in the ass. I hoped hed turn it around, and he just seemed like he was completely out of gas which amazed me because of how hard he ran in previous years. That guy just wouldnt stop going. Period.

the only difference is when a RB catches the ball...every 10 rec yds is 2 pts....

it favors players who perform out of their position....

like WR's that sometimes run or throw...or QB's that run...

Interesting system. I've never heard of that and I know my league won't go for it. I just love leagues with points per receptions. Does anyone still do TD only leagues? They suck!!! A classic example of why they suck is a guy like Taylor might rack up a ton of total yards but be a non-factor if he doesn't score much.

Interesting system. I've never heard of that and I know my league won't go for it. I just love leagues with points per receptions. Does anyone still do TD only leagues? They suck!!! A classic example of why they suck is a guy like Taylor might rack up a ton of total yards but be a non-factor if he doesn't score much.

I have always been in escalated performance leagues...never a TD league....they are pointless..

On Mewelde Moore...

-Mewelde Moore is still struggling in pass protection and has to be constantly reminded where his eyes are and what he's looking for. I think he will get it, but his problems there make the gap between him and Chester Taylor just that much more wide.

On Red Zone Packages...

The team worked extensively on plays inside the 20-yard line, working in several new formations and personnel packages.

What I saw was quite a few naked boot legs and misdirection in the running game, things that I've been seeing from this offense all camp. Predictably the tight ends and backs were a main focus in the short, goal line passing game. In one very interesting set, the team had Chester Taylor in the slot with Tony Richardson split out wide.