[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV and ESPN Gameplan

Atlanta Cracker

This is my first year with DirecTV so I'm trying to figure out how to maximize available college games and minimize price.

Just curious if anyone has any tips. The ESPN Gameplan is $109 and there is also the sports pack for around $10 a month with regional channels. Would there be any overlap or should I get both to maximize coverage?

Any particular team(s) you're looking to watch this year? No sense in spending a ton of cash if you don't get to see the team you're interested in. I would research that a little bit more before spending a bunch of money on the package. I saw pretty much every Minnesota game last year, and I think I spent about 30-40 bucks on buying the pay-per-view games that were not nationally televised.

Iowa is on pretty much every week cept for games against like montana, or last year northern iowa and ball state. If you're a Pac 10 or Big 12 fan, just upgrading your sports package to get all the fox sports net games I believe would do the trick for you. For everyone else ESPN Gameplan is the ticket.