[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears/Broncos Trade Rumor

YoungBob

According to today's Chicago Tribune, there is a rumor circulating that the Bears may be offering former first round draft choice DL Michael Haynes and a 4th round pick to the Broncos for holdout WR Ashley Lelie. Though it was only a brief mention, the article did say the Broncos would have to come off their demands for a first or second round choice to make the deal work. (Obviously) Apparently, as many as 10 teams may be talking with the Broncos about Lelie's services. IMO, Lelie would be an upgrade for the Bears WR2 opposite Moose. Though Bernard Berrian and Marc Bradley have had decent camps, both are being held out of practices from time to time to aid in recovery from injuries. Berrian has been experiecing hip flexor problems while Bradley is working his way back from season ending knee surgery in 2005.

This would not be a good deal for the bears, because Ashley Lelie will be a FA after one year. And he won’t be able to step in the first year and know the system. So after he spent that year learning it, then he would hit the FA market. And the bears would be with out him, a 4th pick and Haynes.

This would not be a good deal for the bears, because Ashley Lelie will be a FA after one year. And he won’t be able to step in the first year and know the system. So after he spent that year learning it, then he would hit the FA market. And the bears would be with out him, a 4th pick and Haynes.

Regardless of the contract situation a 4th and a player is way too much given the fact Lelie has done absolutely nothing in the NFL but show he can be an ass. I imagine if a deal were worked out it would hinge on a new contract for Lelie.

Edited by rajncajn

I would hope that a contract extention would be part of the deal

Will Lelie (or whichever team agrees to acquire him in a trade) come up with the $4 Million that Denver has said that they want returned to them if Lelie gets traded?

Edited by Savage Beatings

Chicago Sun-Times : "Speculation swirled Tuesday evening that Michael Haynes might be headed out of town in a trade to the Denver Broncos because he was not at practice, but a source close to the player said he was told to stay in the training room to rest his ailing back and receive treatment."

:D

Daily Southtown : "General manager Jerry Angelo denied rumors the Bears are on the verge of trading defensive tackle Michael Haynes and a draft pick to Denver in exchange for wide receiver Ashley Lelie."

:D

Edited by whitem0nkey

To be honest, this one may have a like iota of realism about it. Shanahan picking up a reject 1st round pick and trying to ressurect their career fits his personality very well, especially of the past couple of years. It's working pretty well, also.

Now, if Haynes played for CLE, I would say this trade would be a lock...

Are you guys kidding? Michael Haynes blows. I would do this in a heartbeat. Lelie just needs a change of scenery....

Given that Haynes blows, the Bears already have Ogunleye and Brown, and that they need a speedy #2 WR to compliment Muhammad, I'd do this deal. Since Angelo doesn't know how to draft, giving up the 4th-round pick is inconsequential.

To be honest, this one may have a like iota of realism about it. Shanahan picking up a reject 1st round pick and trying to ressurect their career fits his personality very well, especially of the past couple of years. It's working pretty well, also.

Now, if Haynes played for CLE, I would say this trade would be a lock...

yup. seems to make sense for both teams.

umm, not really. lelie has had a 1000 yard season. porter never has. they've both accomplished a little bit. neither one has accomplished much.

six of one, I guess. But Porter seems to find the endzone easier than Lelie, then again, that might be more a function of the systems they've played in. Porter's been 2 yards short of a 100 yard season one year, 50 something in another. He's a bit more accomplished, though lelie has the nice ypc.

Given that Haynes blows, the Bears already have Ogunleye and Brown, and that they need a speedy #2 WR to compliment Muhammad, I'd do this deal. Since Angelo doesn't know how to draft, giving up the 4th-round pick is inconsequential.

I agree. Seems to fit well with the Chi Town system. A QB that can't thow, and a few WRs that can't catch.

Man.....must be painfull...but cheer up, you COULD be a raider fan... :D

Two words....Devon Hester.

Lovie, play the Rookie!