[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is Culpepper a popular bust pick?

FishFreak

I don't think you can expect Fish Freak to show up in this thread any time soon... he isn't run and shoot, he's shoot and run. He is a homer of Menudo and UT proprtions. At least Menudo, as delusional as he is, does show up after looking foolish.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who did you replace CPep with in your league FishFreak.

CPep is a bust for anybody that took him as their front line QB and those that took a flyer on him as a backup had to scramble to replace him.

For the record, I said Culpepper couldn't really be considered a bust based on how late he was being drafted. 90% of the fantasy world didn't select him as their 1st QB and I never suggested doing so. Decent back-ups can be found in most leagues unless you're in a 14 or 16 team league.

I don't have any Dolphins on my squad except their Defense behind the Eagles. Just because I love the Fish doesn't mean I blindly drafted the whole team. I did target Chambers this year and missed him in both my leagues. Congrats on our little bet. It was worth the gamble. C-Pep was going to determine the success or failure of our season and it obviously isn't going well so far. I hope he comes back completely healthy next year.

I picked QB's late in both my leagues and ended up with Vick/Brees and Vick/Rivers.

I don't think you can expect Fish Freak to show up in this thread any time soon... he isn't run and shoot, he's shoot and run. He is a homer of Menudo and UT proprtions. At least Menudo, as delusional as he is, does show up after looking foolish.

Why wouldn't I show up? Give me a chance to see what's posted. Since you're digging up ancient history read the post again. I said C-Pep couldn't be considered a bust based on how late he was being drafted. Then G&S challenged me to a bet C-Pep wouldn't be top ten. How can I not take that? The Fish are going to live or die by his performances. That's like what $20 for huddle fees? Big deal it's not like G&S hit the lottery.

I know you're giddy about your incredible 3-3 start and Mangini is 2nd to God right now but temper your optimism. The Jets are still a so-so team and it would be a miracle if Chad played all 16 games.

Why wouldn't I show up? Give me a chance to see what's posted. Since you're digging up ancient history read the post again. I said C-Pep couldn't be considered a bust based on how late he was being drafted. Then G&S challenged me to a bet C-Pep wouldn't be top ten. How can I not take that? The Fish are going to live or die by his performances. That's like what $20 for huddle fees? Big deal it's not like G&S hit the lottery.

I know you're giddy about your incredible 3-3 start and Mangini is 2nd to God right now but temper your optimism. The Jets are still a so-so team and it would be a miracle if Chad played all 16 games.

:D Fish ON! Hey, I may be a Jets fan, but I understand my team has a rookie coach and a roster with a lot of holes in it. I'm optomistic, but not in terms of wins and losses this year. Miami fans are (were) the ones with the crazy expectations this year. I'm still picking the Jets for 7 wins this year. Mangini has made some mistakes, and is learning on the job. But, he did spank yer boy Saban last week, didn't he?

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Well Chad has played MORE games than CPep :D

• 6 months later...

Congrats on our little bet. It was worth the gamble. C-Pep was going to determine the success or failure of our season and it obviously isn't going well so far. I hope he comes back completely healthy next year.

I picked QB's late in both my leagues and ended up with Vick/Brees and Vick/Rivers.

You were betting all assbackwards. The way to do it was to bet somebody that Cpep was going to be a stud, becuase if he wasn't, well - heck - that would have been more than worth the $10

• 1 month later...
Bump ... FishFreak paid me off today ...

Why would you put my business out in the street like this? What did you think I was going to screw you? Do you question my integrity? Are you immensely proud of winning a $25 bet? If I had to do it all over again I would. C-Pep was ether going to take the Fish to new heights or keep them mediocre. Giving up a 2nd rounder and making him the QB of the future (back then) made me take this bet. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't take it. For the record, the Fish made a huge mistake in releasing him. If you're going to give up a 2nd rounder and pay him AT LEAST give him another year to prove his worth. In fact bringing in Green and having an open competition would have just forced C-Pep to step up more.

Anyway, Grits congrats but act like you've scored a TD before.

Why would you put my business out in the street like this? What did you think I was going to screw you? Do you question my integrity? Are you immensely proud of winning a $25 bet? If I had to do it all over again I would. C-Pep was ether going to take the Fish to new heights or keep them mediocre. Giving up a 2nd rounder and making him the QB of the future (back then) made me take this bet. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't take it. For the record, the Fish made a huge mistake in releasing him. If you're going to give up a 2nd rounder and pay him AT LEAST give him another year to prove his worth. In fact bringing in Green and having an open competition would have just forced C-Pep to step up more.

Actually I had already questioned whether you would pay or not (here in this thread, when you paid I deleted those entries) ... so this bump was to let everybody following along know that you honored your bet.

If it makes you feel better I can delete this post and the previous one ... makes no difference to me

Get a grip, it's common place to let Huddler's know that you paid and that you're a man of your word. He posted as a favor to you.