[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turner to the Jets?

McBoog

From Priority News

As a Chrger fan I don't like this. Turner has been an awsome back when needed to give LT a rest and try to keep him fresh.

As a Jet fan and a FF geek, I would love to see this. He fits that offense perfectly and would add a RB to the pool that would could count on for weekly production.

How much do you think the Jets are willing to give up for a starting caliber back, either in this case or another on? :D

Can't you see Brian Schottenheimer calling his dad ... "What do you mean you won't trade him? You're killing me here? Do you want to see me fail? C'mon...he's the only RB, outside of LaDanian, who knows what I'lll try to do up here. He would be a huge help ... and you won't trade him? You said you wanted me to be successful ... to be a head coach like you ... and then you do THIS to me? Thanks for nothing!"

PS - Brian Schottenheimer went to my HS...he was a year or two behind me and QB of the football team.

Who exactly is doing the rumoring? There's absolutely no source attached to the speculation, which means some FF genius who has Turner on his dynasty roster thought this up.

From KFFL:

Jets | Team may have interest in M. Turner

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:01:31 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner. He worked with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer the past two seasons in San Diego.

I do not see this happening. Why would SD trade away a solid, solid backup like Turner? Especially given that LT's gotten beat up a little bit the last couple years and he'll need to be spelled on more occasions to keep him healthy and ready for the post-season (wishful thinking).

Unless we're getting Houston and a decent pick back, I don't see A.J. doing it.

From KFFL:

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner.

Great. So now we know that Berger may be the one with Turner on his dynasty roster.

Where's Berger getting his info, and how in the Seven Hells does a reporter for Newsday break this info over the more typical sports reporters? If someone is trying to float a trial balloon from either team, they sure wouldn't call Berger - they'd call a pimp like Adam Schefter, Peter King, or John Clayton.

I'd much rather see Thomas Jones go to the Jets. Of course I have both Benson and Jones in several Dynasty leagues.

no, here's whats gonna happen...the Jets are gonna trade for Marion Barber and he will end up being a stud...also, they will trade for Matt Leinart and Vernon Davis and my fantasy team will get alot better...

You might want to re-title this thread. It makes it sound as if the deal is done, when it's still just speculation.

You are right! I forgot the question mark ??? But am not sure how to edit it once started! :D

The Jets used to be a client of mine and I called a former contact. Of course, I cannot give names, but he/she assured me that this was more than a rumor. The Jets are indeed trying to acquire this player. BTW, the CuMar rumors are very true. He is not in good shape to return.

I know that what gets posted in here usually requires a heck of a lot more backup but I really have none other to give other than what I was told. :D

Edited by The Wolf

Great. So now we know that Berger may be the one with Turner on his dynasty roster.

Where's Berger getting his info, and how in the Seven Hells does a reporter for Newsday break this info over the more typical sports reporters? If someone is trying to float a trial balloon from either team, they sure wouldn't call Berger - they'd call a pimp like Adam Schefter, Peter King, or John Clayton.

So, only national reporters can get inside info? Local beat reporters that are at TC every day can't? What di you know about Berger, or Newsday for that matter? Berger has covered the Jets forever, and Newsday has a circulation of around 6 million. Wow, just wow. Are you serious? That's so ridiculous, i am at a loss for keystrokes.

Back on topic, isn't Turner in the last year of his rookie contract? I wonder if Houston and a pick would get it done. Turner makes a ton of sense for the Jets.

So, only national reporters can get inside info? Local beat reporters that are at TC every day can't? What di you know about Berger, or Newsday for that matter? Berger has covered the Jets forever, and Newsday has a circulation of around 6 million. Wow, just wow. Are you serious? That's so ridiculous, i am at a loss for keystrokes.

Back on topic, isn't Turner in the last year of his rookie contract? I wonder if Houston and a pick would get it done. Turner makes a ton of sense for the Jets.

I don't know Berger from a hamburger, so I have no clue about his credibility. I do know that no national resource picked up the story, but that doesn't necessarily mean much either.

I trust DEN beat writers Jeff Legwold for the Rocky Mountain News & Bill Williamson for the Denver Post much more than other sources - I know they do their homework and check both ends when a trade rumor is floated - unlike guys like Schefter & Paige (who both did the same crap here in DEN as they now do nationally - they hear something from the trainer's next door neighbor's paperboy, so it immediately becomes a credible source), Clayton, King, etc (who aren't as bad as Schefter but also don't verify their "scoops" on the other end) before they'll report it.

That it turned up in Newsday surprised me greatly, since I don't associate Newsday with being a normal strong sports source. But locals know the beat writers and their credibility better than anyone, and your information has always been solid, Rovers. So if you say Berger has credibility on this, I'll retract what I posted & go with your reaction on this.

It's very interesting to me that there hasn't been a word about this yet in the SD media. :D

Edit to add: ...but there's a HUGH article in the paper today about the Bolts signing Jammer to a five year extention...like anybody cares. Jeesh! :D:D

Edited by Chargerz