[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Gates

49erAddict-08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see him going as high as Round 3 in a lot of mocks... I wouldn't do it though. There are a lot of very interesting sleeper picks at TE this season IMHO.

+1

He'll likely go in round 3 in most, but I dont think the gap will be as big this year as last year between him and the other TEs.

Is he still an elite TE, Definitely. I just think for the value, you can get better in the 3rd round.

I have the 10th pick in a 10 Team League and am anticipating him to be there for me at pick 30/31. My draft strategy this year has been RB, Stud WR, Gates and BA RB2. This strategy has played out well in most of my mock drafts thus far. At 22nd pick that seems kind of high if you can still get a very good WR1 or RB2. It also depends on what positions you already drafted at 2 (SuperStud RB) and 19 (WR or RB2). If you didn't get your RB2 at 19, then you have to ask yourself, who will be there for my RB2 at 39. It might be hard to get a full time starter at RB by then and you will be left with upside speculation RB's or RBBC. I don't know if I would bank my season on that. There are a lot of upside TE's that can be drafted later that will have good value. My situation drafting in the 10th spot affords me the opportunity to draft good value up until the 31st pick with snake back-to-back picks.

i will not own Gates or Payton this year because i will not draft a TE of QB before the 6th or 7th.

:D

That is silly. Only 6 WR's scored more than Gates last year in a PPR standard performance league. But, feel free to take 3rd tier WR's ahead ahead of him in a must start TE league.

That is silly. Only 6 WR's scored more than Gates last year in a PPR standard performance league. But, feel free to take 3rd tier WR's ahead ahead of him in a must start TE league.

exactly...he's had his 1st 2 seasons as a stud...back to back...

he put up top 10 WR numbers....

I consider him in Tier 1 WR area...

so you would draft him in the 1st or 2nd round ???

what i'm saying is if you wouldn't he won't be there in the 3rd. because they both have been going in the 1st and 2nd. in all the drafts i have been in. so i won't be taking a QB ot TE before the 6th ,, yes i will miss out on Gate, Heap & Shock but the talent pool is very deep this year. IMO

I personally don't think I would take Gates even if he was there late third round (which he probably won't). In my leagues you start three WR's and only one TE. I'd much rather grab a second tier WR if I went RB, RB with my first two picks and grab a guy like Heap, Witten or Miller with a fifth or sixth round pick.

The difference between Gates and the second tier of TE's is only 2-3pts per week in non PPR leagues not worth a third round pick in my opinion.

I personally don't think I would take Gates even if he was there late third round (which he probably won't). In my leagues you start three WR's and only one TE. I'd much rather grab a second tier WR if I went RB, RB with my first two picks and grab a guy like Heap, Witten or Miller with a fifth or sixth round pick.

The difference between Gates and the second tier of TE's is only 2-3pts per week in non PPR leagues not worth a third round pick in my opinion.

IMO...non-PPR leagues are a dying breed...

also...I just checked on sportsline where I have my fantasy league...the 3 year averages for TE's....here's how the points ran down...I'll list the top 5...

Gonzales 222 pts

Gates 201 pts

Shockey 157 pts

Witten 156 pts

McMichael 154 pts

the crazy thing about this is I'd say about 90% of Gates numbers came from the past 2 seasons since he had 24 receptions, 389 yds and 3 TD's in 2003....

he is head and shoulders above the rest...