[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jones stock rising

Randall

From player ranking changes

Greg Jones 43 38 08/08/06

Jones has been very impressive in camp and was described by HC Jack Del Rio as having much more burst and better moves than last year. With the always present injury risk of Fred Taylor, Jones is looking like a more than a mere handcuff, he could be make a nice steal during your draft in that offense.

I hate this time of the year...

not enough injuries and too many players I like...

I want to draft..

L White

D Williams

L Maroney

G Jones

C Perry

M Turner

M Pittman

R Moats

bah...

I'd love to have you in my league. The overprepared, overreacher... :D

Chris Perry isn't healthy and who knows when he will be...

i think it would be impossible to draft Fred Taylor (not enough beer in the world to get that drunk), but Greg Jones is a perfect RB4, especially if he is a step or two quicker.

a little concerned with the offense, more specifically the OL. No Jimmy Smith, a QB that can't stay healthy... but their DEF and schedule makes it interesting...

I took Taylor in the 11th (try hard-A if beer doesnt cut it) and Jones went forgotten all the way to the 19th. After all those "best shape of my life" reports, I traded Taylor to a team with needs for a 7th round pick next year, and I couldn't be happier.

We get up to 6 keepers, so a 7th is about as good as it gets.

I hate this time of the year...

not enough injuries and too many players I like...

I want to draft..

L White

D Williams

L Maroney

G Jones

C Perry no injuries aplenty

M Turner only if you LT or if he's traded

M Pittman only if you get Caddy

R Moats only if you get Westy

bah...

I'll help you out a little. There you go I just got rid of or cleared up half your list.

Back from a knee injury?

Del Rio also was pleased about the way Greg Jones ran in the scrimmage.

"I think his feet are as alive and active as they have been since he's been here. He was outstanding last night. He made some terrific cuts. He ran with power and determination,'' he said.

Del Rio thinks Jones is finally regaining the form he lost when he suffered a serious knee injury in his junior year at Florida State.

"I think that's fair,'' he said.

I'll help you out a little. There you go I just got rid of or cleared up half your list.

I'd take Moats and Pittman whether or not I owned Westbrook or Caddy.

Caddy is 0-for-1 on healthy seasons, and Westbrook too seems to get bitten often by the injury bug. In deeper, 12+-man leagues, both Pittman and Moats make decent RB4.

On that note, everyone seems to have forgotten about Pitttman, but from what I have read, he is going to be a major part of the offense on 3rd downs, and becomes a top-15 RB if Caddy goes into the shop.

I'd take Moats and Pittman whether or not I owned Westbrook or Caddy.

Caddy is 0-for-1 on healthy seasons, and Westbrook too seems to get bitten often by the injury bug. In deeper, 12+-man leagues, both Pittman and Moats make decent RB4.

On that note, everyone seems to have forgotten about Pitttman, but from what I have read, he is going to be a major part of the offense on 3rd downs, and becomes a top-15 RB if Caddy goes into the shop.

I have as well in different leagues. Pittman had a few decent fill in games last year when the Caddy was laid up.

Joe Levit wrote an intreseting article on this subject.

Many owners use this tactic to backup both of their starting running backs. Some owners choose to grab a team’s second-string quarterback after getting the starter, especially in pass-happy offenses. While these can be solid choices, and certainly are safe, this conservative approach often leaves owners at a disadvantage in terms of value. Don’t you be a slave to this practice, because more often than not you end up handcuffing yourself.

well....Moats will be running the ball.....

especially if the Eagles are up by plenty....they play the Niners and texans...and I almost expect Turner to be traded....

and with Westy already spraining his foot...even if it's a mild sprain, I would like to be on top of that....

I can only have one on that list and I will likely choose the wrong one...

I can only have one on that list and I will likely choose the wrong one...

Isn't that always the case! :D

While these can be solid choices, and certainly are safe,

BS. Most of the time these are NOT solid choices or "safe."

this conservative approach often leaves owners at a disadvantage in terms of value. Don’t you be a slave to this practice, because more often than not you end up handcuffing yourself.

There you go.

"Handcuffing" is one of the most overrated if not outright stupidest ideas in FF.

Gee if I draft Gates I better draft Shea as my TE2 to "handcuff."

:D

There you go.

"Handcuffing" is one of the most overrated if not outright stupidest ideas in FF.

lol it's really only for RB's...

when you draft Holmes last year....would you really not plan to draft LJ to handcuff?

There you go.

Not in the case of LJ.

I think he was being nice because the tone is at the end where he says don't play to avoid losing.

There you go.

I don't know any Idiots who handcuff their TE unless it is 1 of the 32 team leagues.

As a matter of fact I have never heard any idiot even talk about it. That all has changed now though has it not? :D

from Team Reports-

"--The Jaguars seem to be continuing to phase out veteran running back Fred Taylor.

Even though Greg Jones had only 15 yards in five carries, he got rave reviews again from coach Jack Del Rio, the same way he did after the scrimmage a week ago when he had 19 yards in four carries.

"Greg continues to impress me. Obviously, we didn't play him very long. We know what he can do and what he's about and I continue to be impressed with Greg. We'll find more guys to get him the ball as we get further alone here, but tonight, we didn't spent a lot of time running the ball. We feel pretty good coming out of the first couple of weeks of camp where we are running the ball," he said.

Taylor had 11 yards in three rushes and a 22-yard run with a short pass, but he no longer appears to be the runner the Jaguars are counting on."