[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

player journals

tonorator

not sure if folks are aware of this (i wasn't), but nflplayers.com hosts journals for the NFL players. they each have their own blog. check it out here.

here's what jamal had to say about a week ago ...

I worked it a little bit more today than usual. Ran a couple routes and run plays. It feels pretty good but aches a little bit. It’s just a hip flexor. I strained my hip flexor training about two weeks ago before I came in. I tried to rest it a little bit to get it back and kind of knew I was going to be a little bit behind coming into camp. It’s something minor but at the same time we don’t want to get out here running around and pull it and then be out for five weeks or so. It’s really for more precautionary reasons.

It happened running sprints. Last hard days of workouts in the offseason. Running sprints on the last one, opening it up and kind of strained the hip flexor. So it didn’t pull, didn’t tear and that’s a good thing.

and maroney ...

I think the whole running back group is pushing each other. We have nice depth at running back and we all know we can bring something different to the team. We can all help the team out in different ways so we're just going to push each other.

Corey always tells me the insights. He tells me the defense is going to hit, so hit them first. Somebody's got to get hit. He’s helped me out a lot. He gives me insight about things. How to read a defense better, proper footwork, small things like that.

it's not earth-shattering stuff, but you may mine out a few good tidbits here and there ...