[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Jet RB Rumors

The Wolf

Article below appeared in today's addition of Newsday. Gotta wonder how much of this is real and how much is speculation?

JETS NOTEBOOK

Search for RB goes on

BY TOM ROCK

Newsday Staff Writer

August 10, 2006

The search for a running back to replace Curtis Martin grows broader with each day he sits on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

The Jets interest now extends to Artose Pinner of the Lions and Tatum Bell of the Broncos. Arizona running back Marcel Shipp had been mentioned, but yesterday his agent, Brad Blank, said he doubted such a deal was in the works.

Tatum Bell wants to be the man. I say the Jets ought to give him a shot.

He does want to be the man, but he had a great shot in Denver and could not get it done. He's better off staying there, working hard and showing the coaches that is can be the man rather than go elsewhere. IMO, he wants to be the man but does not want to seem to work for it.

He does want to be the man, but he had a great shot in Denver and could not get it done. He's better off staying there, working hard and showing the coaches that is can be the man rather than go elsewhere. IMO, he wants to be the man but does not want to seem to work for it.

If you cant be the man in Denvers system then where can you?

I think they should trade for Michael Turner... He's a big guy at 5'10 238 and extremley fast. So far in his career he's ran for 5.7 yards per carry and is 23 years of age. We've seen Bell, and in my opinion, am not that impressed with him. I see Turner being next years Chester Taylor, but better. The jets would be helping themselves out greatley by trading for this guy.

I think they should trade for Michael Turner... He's a big guy at 5'10 238 and extremley fast. So far in his career he's ran for 5.7 yards per carry and is 23 years of age. We've seen Bell, and in my opinion, am not that impressed with him. I see Turner being next years Chester Taylor, but better. The jets would be helping themselves out greatley by trading for this guy.

Anyone know if Turner is in the final year of his contract this season? If so, he could either be a huge bargain or wind up being a Morrice Morris. :-)

Anyone know if Turner is in the final year of his contract this season? If so, he could either be a huge bargain or wind up being a Morrice Morris. :-)

Final year of a 3-year contract

But he would be a restricted free agent if he doesn't sign a new contract by free agency next year..

Edited by Big John

What do all these rumors and articles in the paper say to the backs whom they do have? Houston, Blaylock, and Washington must not be feeling to pleased right now. Maybe it's a ploy to motivate them? Could the new regime be that smart? :D

BTW, this could all have been avoided if Terry Bradway did the right thing and kept LaMont Jordan. He chose Abraham over Jordan and...oops...we traded Abraham anyway. Thanks, man... :D:D

I am curious to see what Rover thinks about this. He has really good insight on the Jets.

Edited by The Wolf

Not to highjack the thread, but what has Michael Turner done to make everyone so crazy about him? I'm not saying that he is NOT a great RB, but I haven't seen enough of him to form such a strong opinion.

Since i'm driving the Turner bandwagon, i'll respond...

First off, what did Lamont Jordan ever do before he went to Oakland?

I have seen plenty of Michael Turner over the past six years, and he has everything a team like the jets could want.

Youth: Born: 2/13/1982

Ability: An absolute stud at Northern Illinois, shined when given the chance in San Diego

Build: 5'10, 238, runs extremley fast, in the low 4.4's if memory serves me correctly.

In his first year he only ran the ball 20 times, but managed 104 yards for a 5.2 ypc

Last year he ran the ball 57 times for 439 yards for 5.9 yards a carry and three touchdowns. In his first two years he has ran the ball 77 times for 439 yards and 3 touchdowns. While he doesnt have the large body of NFL work that I assume you need, he has shown the next best thing: Potential. He was drafted as an insurance policy for LaDanian Tomlinson, so he hasnt exactly had a lot of chances to show what he can do, every chance he's gotten, he's shined. How good can he be? I have no idea, but I'm sure that he's better than 10 guys that are starting in this league right now.

If Lamont Jordan can be so hyped up, where is everyone on Michael Turner?

Jordans best year prior to Oakland

93 attempts 479 yards 5.2 avg 2 td's

compared to Turner last year:

57 attempts 335 yards 5.9 avg 3 td's

This guy has the potential to be an absolute beast in my opinion. With the Bell, we've seen enough to know that he won't be anything special, just an average runningback. With Turner, I beleive this guy could be an absolute stud if given the opportunity.

You could disagree with me, thats fine, you'd just be wrong.

Edited by piratesownninjas