[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Jackson vs Colts

WaterMan

No doubt, he looked good. Just not sure it's worth moving him up in the rankings due to his performance against the Colts second string. But like I said, it looks like the Rams are committed to the run. Which is definitely a plus for Jackson.

Shall we bring up Addai's performance now?

:D

Edited by thecerwin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, he looked good. Just not sure it's worth moving him up in the rankings due to his performance against the Colts second string. But like I said, it looks like the Rams are committed to the run. Which is definitely a plus for Jackson.

Yup, he should have been high on people's lists to begin with.

Shall we bring up Addai's performance now?

:D

Quite disappointed with what Tony Dungy said would be "a lot of work". 3 carries for 3 yards. Ick. The Colts running game is definitely a work in progress.

He did have two catches for twelve yards. Whoopee.

Edited by CaptainHook

I just have a feeling it's going to be RBBC all year until one of them gets hurt.

Yeah, thats whats i've been thinking as well. I watched a lot of LSU games, and I just don't think he'll ever turn out to be anything special. Then again, I predicted Chris Simms would be drafted ahead of Byron Leftwich during their senior year... Im not sure, but I think I might have been off on that one.

:D Steven Jackson...

I've been saying all along, this guy is the up-and-coming face for elite running backs (if you still don't believe me, just wait... it'll become more noticeable as time moves on). Next thing you know, Bulgar will trip and fall before handing the ball off to Seven J. and right before our eyes we'll see Jackson pick up the ball and Mark Bulgar, carrying both all the way down the field -- all while picking up the pace and carrying the rest of the Rams. This soon to be typical scenario will only last for the next 7 or 8 years in a row though. He's an old RB in today's game at the gray haired aged of 23.

Go with Ronnie Brown with the 4th overall pick. But whatever you do, pass up this so-called future hall of famer in the making. :D

:D Steven Jackson...

I've been saying all along, this guy is the up-and-coming face for elite running backs (if you still don't believe me, just wait... it'll become more noticeable as time moves on). Next thing you know, Bulgar will trip and fall before handing the ball off to Seven J. and right before our eyes we'll see Jackson pick up the ball and Mark Bulgar, carrying both all the way down the field -- all while picking up the pace and carrying the rest of the Rams. This soon to be typical scenario will only last for the next 7 or 8 years in a row though. He's an old RB in today's game at the gray haired aged of 23.

Go with Ronnie Brown with the 4th overall pick. But whatever you do, pass up this so-called future hall of famer in the making. :D

Ports is the 4th pick in many leagues. Tiki the 5th and in most Sjax is next. I hope you are right. I have him in two leagues.

Yeah, thats whats i've been thinking as well. I watched a lot of LSU games, and I just don't think he'll ever turn out to be anything special. Then again, I predicted Chris Simms would be drafted ahead of Byron Leftwich during their senior year... Im not sure, but I think I might have been off on that one.

In the short term, yes. In the long term? Maybe not.

Off on the draft but Simms could be the better player this year.

Dan McGwire and Todd Marinovich were drafted before Favre in 1991.

I am not moving Jackson up my charts just yet after last nights performance. Sure his stat line looks great, but like capt hook said, he was going up against the 2nd team as far as the guys up front goes. The big runs he did have he basically went 10 yards untouched than put his shoulder down and punished the DB's. I"m not trying to belittle his performance. I think he is a top 5-7 rb and should have a big year (barring injuries which are possible given his running style), but i'm taking them with a huge grain of salt at this point.

Peyton, and Wayne/Harrison have certainly caught my attention though after that weak showing on the running game by the colts. Peyton looked to be in mid season form already. He threaded the needle on that sideline pass to Wayne.

What I liked about this game in regards to Jackson is;

#1) The Rams O'line has obviously been getting a LOT of work in practice, on run blocking. Linehan had said he wanted to have this team more committed to the run and to me, it was obvious he has had these guys honing the skills necessary to make it work. Welcome departure from the previous regimes heavy emphasis in practice on pass protection, to the detriment of run blocking.

#2) I've read many posters complain that SJax took a while to get up to speed and danced behind the line too much. Personally I watched him closely last year and the times he danced behind the line was when he was looking for a hole. When he found it, I saw the jets get turned on, though others didn't.

Last night we all saw that he DOES NOT take much time to get up to speed when there's a hole and almost as important, he's got the vision to see it.

I think we can lay the whole "he's slow to accelerate" myth to rest.

They had better be working on their run blocking because they sure as hell haven't been working on thier pass blocking. I saw Baron get bet badly on a couple of occasions. I couldn't help but think, the Rams were lucky Indy's 1st team defensive line was injured, otherwise Bulgar would've gotten killed.

I know this is the designated Steven Jackson thread... but Bulger looked pretty damn good too. I liked his performance more than Peyton's.

Really? I've got Bulger as a possible keeper this coming season. I wasn't all that impressed. And I agree with NAUgrad about the pressure the Colts were getting with their back-ups in. Plus, if the Rams are going to be a run first offense. . .

Quite disappointed with what Tony Dungy said would be "a lot of work". 3 carries for 3 yards. Ick. The Colts running game is definitely a work in progress.

He did have two catches for twelve yards. Whoopee.

maybe IND should've traded up to get Reggie Bush. :D

I just have a feeling it's going to be RBBC all year until one of them gets hurt.

Agreed, especially since Addai wasn't a featured back for most of his college career and has a history of injuries. I think that he'll be used mostly as a third-down back when Rhodes is healthy (which may not last for long). I'm not even sure that the Colts are expecting Addai to be a part of their long-term plans.