[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson

quiveringnorm

Chicago has a lot of money invested in this guy. And if memory serves me he was taken in the first round in the same area with Ronnie Brown and Caddy. Someone convince me otherwise. Not saying he's gonna flat be a stud this year, but could see him easily being a #3 RB or possibly #2 on a good fantasy team.

Lovie smith does not care who makes how much, he will play the best RB regardless of income.

The hardest question for me to answer is who will have more yards for the bears, TJ or benson. You can make a good case for each player. I don’t think lovie smith even knows that answer.

That’s why I'm staying away from both of them. Unless they fall and im picking up a back up RB and i don’t see that happening.

No, I think he can if he and Grossman can stay healthy. Big IF.

Chicago has a lot of money invested in this guy.

The Chargers did the same with Ryan Leaf.

The Bengals did the same with Akili Smith.

He may very well break out and be a good player but it won't be because he's getting a lot of money.

this brings up an interesting question for those of us drafting at either end of a snake draft. For instance, I have the #1 pick in one of my leagues - if both Benson and Jones are around come my picks in the 4th/5th rounds, is it a good move to grab them both right then and there? Whichever one ends up with the gig should be a solid RB - just not sure if it's worth blowing 2 early-midround picks on one position.

this brings up an interesting question for those of us drafting at either end of a snake draft. For instance, I have the #1 pick in one of my leagues - if both Benson and Jones are around come my picks in the 4th/5th rounds, is it a good move to grab them both right then and there? Whichever one ends up with the gig should be a solid RB - just not sure if it's worth blowing 2 early-midround picks on one position.

IMO, not at 4 and 5. There's good value there. If you really do take this course, hopefully you've locked up your top 2 RB's and top WR by then. Now that I am thinking of it, even then, you won't be able to take your 2nd WR or QB until rounds 6 and 7.

Chicago has a lot of money invested in this guy. And if memory serves me he was taken in the first round in the same area with Ronnie Brown and Caddy. Someone convince me otherwise. Not saying he's gonna flat be a stud this year, but could see him easily being a #3 RB or possibly #2 on a good fantasy team.

Seems unlikely to me that you're gonna' get him as your #3 RB other than in small leagues, or if you take your #3 RB too early (too early for me that is, I know some like to draft that #3 RB in the first 5 rounds). As a #2, he's a gamble I think.

You know Benson scares me a little. Watching him in college I thought he was by far the best RB coming out. I still think he is just that, but for some reason I don't think his heart is all in it. I'd love to be reading about how hard he's been working and that he's have a good camp, but nothing is coming out.

You know Benson scares me a little. Watching him in college I thought he was by far the best RB coming out. I still think he is just that, but for some reason I don't think his heart is all in it. I'd love to be reading about how hard he's been working and that he's have a good camp, but nothing is coming out.

Did a quick search in Google and there seem to be several articles. here's one, dated August 1:

:Dhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

Edited by The Wolf

I'm not very high on Benson. His ridiculously-long holdout last year, the knee injury last season, the recent training camp injury, and the number of carries he had in college send up red flags. And the RBBC potential with Jones in the mix makes it even worse.

Did you even read it. Was full of excuses and threw in that the team doesn't like him very much. No good news in that. :D

It does not say that the team doesn't like him very much. It says, according to his coach, that he is earning their respect. Between his holdout and injury last year, T. Jones solid season and the level of respect Jones has on the team, Benson has to earn their respect. The way to do that? Show up and work hard.

I am not terribly high on him and am not defending him. The article is not a ringing endorsement of him but there are certainly positives to take out of it. Take from it what you will.

Yes, I did read the article.