[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver vs. Detroit

broncosn05

Looks like there is more than me just watching this game so...

Current Notes -

Jon Kitna - Looked pretty good. Dan Orlovsky sucks but we haven't seen McCown.

Josh McCown- Made a strong throw to Williams that ended at the two which Pinner punched in. Showing he can start. Was 4-4 but has hit a brick wall, and is resorting to running the ball.

Arlen Harris - Broke a big run and about a 30 yard TD reception.

Kevin Jones- Looked OK. Seems to have the starting job (who's Arlen Harris) had some nice broken tackles. No big runs.

Roy Williams- Looking pretty good.

Mike Williams- Made a strong catch from McCown.

Defense - Mostly didn't start

Plummer- Looked good

Jay Cutler- He's the back up this year. Showing some vision, but still some errors according to a quick lecture from Shanny. Was outstanding.

Mike Bell -Was looking OK until the fumble on about his 5th attempt. His fumble was a mid-field. Got knocked when he was just starting to fall down. Didn't really rebound. In now at Punt Return...

Tatum Bell - Is doing better than Mike Bell. Is backing up his words with some good play.

Ron Dayne- All plays right in the middle of the line. No chance at success and he didn't get any.

Cedric Cobbs- Impressed against the Lions 4th stringers... Remember that before saying Wow on his stat totals.

Darius Watts - Showing signs of no need for Lelie. Is currently a one man show. Has 3-4 so far.

Brandon Marshall- One reception. Seems to be out with a sprained knee.

Todd Davoe- - Has made a few nice grabs, but still #5. Fumbled earlier.

Stephen Alexander - Starting for now. 1 reception.

Tony Scheffler - Was used in some 2 TE sets. Drew some Sharpe comparisons from the announcers. Has 4 nice receptions already from Cutler.

Watched the Shanahan post-game interview and when asked about Mike Bell. He said it was important to get him in there against the 1st team to see how he did and how he reacted to the skill level. This is still a coin flip. :D

Edited by broncosn05

I think he did. They missed it and showed the replay. A nice 15 yard out. :D

they did mess up...

sportsline had 3 receivers lister with a catch....marshall wasn't there..

I just checked and still saw 3....but marshall was there this time..

I am pulling for him to win the #3 position....I think he could be a future stud..

they did mess up...

sportsline had 3 receivers lister with a catch....marshall wasn't there..

I just checked and still saw 3....but marshall was there this time..

I am pulling for him to win the #3 position....I think he could be a future stud..

Alright. Looks like Watts has the #3 especially if he keeps playing like this.

Current Notes -

Jon Kitna - Looked pretty good. Dan Orlovsky sucked but we haven't seen McCown.

Arlen Harris - Broke a big run and about a 30 yard TD reception.

Kevin Jones- Looked OK. Seems to have the starting job (who's Arlen Harris) had some nice broken tackles. No big runs.

Roy Williams- Looking pretty good.

Defense - Mostly didn't start

Plummer- Looked good

Jay Cutler- He's the back up this year. Showing some vision, but still some errors according to a quick lecture from Shanny. Looking very good right now.

Mike Bell -Was looking OK until the fumble on about his 5th attempt. His fumble was a mid-field. Got knocked when he was just starting to fall down. Didn't really rebound. In now at Punt Return...

Tatum Bell - Is doing better than Mike Bell. Is backing up his words with some good play.

Ron Dayne- In now...

Darius Watts - Showing signs of no need for Lelie. Is currently a one man show. Has 3-4 so far.

Brandon Marshall- One reception. Seems to be out with a sprained knee.

Todd Davoe- - Has made a few nice grabs, but still #5. Fumbled earlier.

Stephen Alexander - Starting for now. 1 reception.

Tony Scheffler - Was used in some 2 TE sets. Drew some Sharpe comparisons from the announcers. Has 4 nice receptions already from Cutler.

Were you watching the same game? Orlovsky had a nice TD pass to Harris. Orlovsky looks good. Kevin Jones ran tough between the tackles. He was running with nine in the box on some plays. They wanted to see how the running offense would look when the defense knew it was a run. He looked very strong. The Lions offense had over 100 yards in the first quarter, balanced between running and passing. I know my bar is low, but the offense looked very good for a first preseason game.

Were you watching the same game? Orlovsky had a nice TD pass to Harris. I know my bar is low, but the offense looked very good for a first preseason game.

Comon that interception was horrific. Your bar should be low, but he has no shot of playing...

Detroit Lions, Super Bowl XLV Champions

:D

Edited by broncosn05

Were you watching the same game? Orlovsky had a nice TD pass to Harris. Orlovsky looks good. Kevin Jones ran tough between the tackles. He was running with nine in the box on some plays. They wanted to see how the running offense would look when the defense knew it was a run. He looked very strong. The Lions offense had over 100 yards in the first quarter, balanced between running and passing. I know my bar is low, but the offense looked very good for a first preseason game.

That is the most uplifting Lions post you have made in a long, long time :D

I like Swancutt on the DL. He is a player I liked at OSU. I think he will see some time this year. Nice run by McCown. I agree that Orlovsky looked pretty good, some bad throws but he did his job.

That is the most uplifting Lions post you have made in a long, long time :D

I like Swancutt on the DL. He is a player I liked at OSU. I think he will see some time this year. Nice run by McCown. I agree that Orlovsky looked pretty good, some bad throws but he did his job.

It's preseason. Optimism is high in the motor city. :D

Shannon Sharpe? How? Is he good at trash talking?

Anyone else watch this game? How did Cutler look? Given it was vs. the 2nd stringers, but the stats look good. Better to look good vs. the backups than look bad against them.

I thought he looked good. Made some mistakes but he also made some nice acurate throws. I was somewhat impressed with what I saw. :D

I thought Cutler looked really good. Next year, I'm almost certain that he will be starting. He made really crisp accurate throws and looked poised in the pocket. I'd like to see him against some starters.

Cedric Cobbs was against the chumps, but I almost think he earned a tryout against at least the 2nd stringers next time. Shanny's attitude is generally "if you can protect the ball and the QB, the rest is just running." I'm curious what he can do against some people who will actually make a roster.

Was Kircus just a preseason fluke? He was on fire until that last drop of the game... when Bradlee threw behind him and he couldn't hang on to it.

I thought Cutler looked really good. Next year, I'm almost certain that he will be starting. He made really crisp accurate throws and looked poised in the pocket. I'd like to see him against some starters.

Cedric Cobbs was against the chumps, but I almost think he earned a tryout against at least the 2nd stringers next time. Shanny's attitude is generally "if you can protect the ball and the QB, the rest is just running." I'm curious what he can do against some people who will actually make a roster.

Was Kircus just a preseason fluke? He was on fire until that last drop of the game... when Bradlee threw behind him and he couldn't hang on to it.

Cutler has an arm, that's fo sho. He looked good. The first two Lions QBs looked good to me. McCown reminded me too much of Lions QBs from years gone by: scared of the rush, inaccurate, bad decisions.

Kircus has been with the Lions for two years. He broke a ton of records at Grand Valley State. He's got a lot of talent, but he's undersized. If he can work hard, he can be good.

It's preseason. Optimism is high in the motor city. :D

They always are and then the real season starts... :D:D:D

They always are and then the real season starts... :D:D:D

Absolutely - every year there's hope (at least for mediocrity). But with this new system, new coach, new QB's, I'll be happy with the confidence that a 1st pre-season game gives. Hopefully they can build on that. Kitna looked good - he brings a leader mentality to that role for the Lions. He seemed to float the ball more vs. McCown's darts... But what I don't like seeing, whether Kitna, McCown, or Dan O., is those QB's running out of the pocket to pick up first downs. Yeah, it's great to see them take off and run to get a first down to keep the drive alive, but that's certainly not going to get us anywhere in the long-term; it's just a replay of the last 5 years... Kevin Jones looked good and ran hard. O line, as always, need to expect more from themselves. All in all, I think there was a certain amount of spirit exhibited that has been lacking. Sure it was against 2nd, 3rd, 4th teamers, but I'll take it... At least our bench warmers beat their bench warmers...