[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone thats watching TB/NYJ game

Sigalf03

TB seems to be doing nothing but running the ball with E. Graham (who i have never heard of) Only threw 3 passes the entire first half. What exactly are they doing/trying to work on with that strategy??

just currious

Edited by Sigalf03

TB seems to be doing nothing but running the ball with E. Graham (who i have never heard of) Only threw 3 passes the entire first half. What exactly are they doing/trying to work on with that strategy??

just currious

Not watching the game but Ernest Graham is a 3rd year back from Florida. On the small side, but can be effective in small doses.

Well, he's actually listed on the Bucs site at 5'9 and 215:

Earnest Graham

And I didn't say he was small. I said he was on the small side. As in; smaller than prototypical size for an NFL RB. Which he is.

Well here is his profile from NFL.com (5'9 225):

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396967

We'll split the diff and say 220. :D

Either way I think Barber, Portis, Droughns, Caddy, James, Holmes, LT, Dunn, TJones, Parker, JJones, CMart have all done very well as full-time starters and are all 5'11 220 or smaller....

I would say that's more prototypical than over 6'0 225+ (LJ, Taylor, Jordan, R Johnson, MaGahee, Jackson). Even Alexander is right on the borderline (5'11, 225)....

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

just currious

Ernest Graham will prolly be our #3 runningback this season behind Caddy and Pittman. They are running the ball because they are trying to find the best O-Line combo they can.

Well here is his profile from NFL.com (5'9 225):

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396967

We'll split the diff and say 220. :D

Either way I think Barber, Portis, Droughns, Caddy, James, Holmes, LT, Dunn, TJones, Parker, JJones, CMart have all done very well as full-time starters and are all 5'11 220 or smaller....

I would say that's more prototypical than over 6'0 225+ (LJ, Taylor, Jordan, R Johnson, MaGahee, Jackson). Even Alexander is right on the borderline (5'11, 225)....

OK. You're either a complete moran or you're just looking for an argument. :D I never said anything about how good of a player he was. I also never said that his height would stop him from being succesful in the NFL. What I said was he was on the small side. I'm not the only one who found this to be a fact. This is from a scouting report on him out of Florida, Oct 2002:

The Bad: Lacks a burst, open field speed and cannot run to daylight. Shorter than what one wants in an every down ball carrier.

Scout.com scouting report

I was giving some info to a huddler who had never even heard of the player before. I stand by what I said. He's on the small side.

I missed most of the game - did Pennington start? How did he look? Could not have been too good seeing as their only 3 points came with Clemens in the 2-minute drill at the end of the half - just looking for some color.

Not that great. He got sacked on the 5 yard line and fumbled.

OK. You're either a complete moran or you're just looking for an argument. :D I never said anything about how good of a player he was. I also never said that his height would stop him from being succesful in the NFL. What I said was he was on the small side. I'm not the only one who found this to be a fact. This is from a scouting report on him out of Florida, Oct 2002:

The Bad: Lacks a burst, open field speed and cannot run to daylight. Shorter than what one wants in an every down ball carrier.

Scout.com scouting report

I was giving some info to a huddler who had never even heard of the player before. I stand by what I said. He's on the small side.

No, I'm not here to argue. Just offering a different opinion on a player asked about.

When you mentioned "prototypical", I just wanted to show there are as many successful backs (if not more) under the prototypical size...

CaptainShook, Please keep me out of your posts when not addressing me....

I guess differences of opinion are not tolerated here....

ROYALWITCHEESE you are a clown. All he said was that he was on the small side. At 5'9", that is an accurate statement. Why you want to argue about that is beyond me.

James is 6'.

IMO 5'10 - 6'0 is "protoypical". Graham is shorter than that. That makes him "on the small side".

You can't lump a guy that's 5'9" in with James, Martin, Droughns, Portis, and Williams. They've all got at least two inches on him.

Edited by CaptainHook