[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the best draft position?

JWHEELS

What is the most preferred draft position? We can choose based on last year finish and I get to make the 2nd request in position. Which works out best?

Youre getting these responses because you didnt give enough info. Try to be more specific and people will answer a little better. :D

Now, that said, I think this year the top 3 is the best because the RB position seems to be more RBBC based more and more every year. With 1-3 youll get a top RB and either a very decent WR or another decent RB.

Im in 12 teams, 14 teams, 16, and 32 team leagues this year, so it really all depends.

I have the #10 pick in a 12-teamer, pretty standard scoring. I think it's a good slot - there's a bunch of tier-2 RB's all ranked similar so I might be able to get a guy that I would have picked at #5. Will probably go RB again in Round 2 (pick 15), but could also go with a top WR.

Also later in the draft when I'm planning my upcoming picks - I like that only 2 teams (4 picks) will be picking between my picks, easier to guess what they might be going for.

IMO, you want to be in the top 3. In years past, I have always preferred late md, the 6-9 slots, but this year there are so many quesion marks and toss ups with those picks that I think getting one of the top 3 players is the way to go.

I agree. In past years I liked the later picks but I have #12 this year and do not think I will stay there. I would much rather be in the top 5.

1) Your draft position matters less than what you do with it. If you're picking 2nd overall and take Chad Johnson in the first, you're probably doomed (unless your league has bizzaro scoring rules or lineup requirements). If you're in the 3rd or 4th round and you take Darrell Jackson (and his ??? knee) instead of Larry Fitzgerald, and DJax ends up spending lots of time in the trainers room instead of on the field on Sundays, you're probably doomed.

2) Assuming nothing bizzare about your scoring rules and lineup requirements (or league size, for that matter), I'd want to be in the top three slots as well. If I had to chose, I'd probably take the #3 slot because I am perfectly happy with either SA, LT or LJ as my 1st pick, and I get a better 2nd rounder.

1) Your draft position matters less than what you do with it. If you're picking 2nd overall and take Chad Johnson in the first, you're probably doomed (unless your league has bizzaro scoring rules or lineup requirements). If you're in the 3rd or 4th round and you take Darrell Jackson (and his ??? knee) instead of Larry Fitzgerald, and DJax ends up spending lots of time in the trainers room instead of on the field on Sundays, you're probably doomed.

2) Assuming nothing bizzare about your scoring rules and lineup requirements (or league size, for that matter), I'd want to be in the top three slots as well. If I had to chose, I'd probably take the #3 slot because I am perfectly happy with either SA, LT or LJ as my 1st pick, and I get a better 2nd rounder.

That's true. What you do rounds 8-15 ot later determines the draft imo.

A better 2nd rounder but not quite as good a 3rd rounder. Gates could be gone.

Edited by Randall

Couldn't have said it better... :D

That's true. What you do rounds 8-15 ot later determines the draft imo.

A better 2nd rounder but not quite as good a 3rd rounder. Gates could be gone.

To add to this great advice.........you don't want to screw up the first couple rounds, because you could definitely go down in smoke with bad picks in the first few rounds, however, even if you pick great or decent players in the first three rounds, if you don't concentrate on the middle rounds, you won't do much in your league at all........

After 17 seasons playing FF, I have come to the strong conclusion that I would prefer the earliest pick I could. There are advantages and disadvantages to every slot and there is no "bad" slot, but as a general statement I would prefer the earliest access to the best players that I could get. Why would you not want to access the best players?

After 17 seasons playing FF, I have come to the strong conclusion that I would prefer the earliest pick I could. There are advantages and disadvantages to every slot and there is no "bad" slot, but as a general statement I would prefer the earliest access to the best players that I could get. Why would you not want to access the best players?

Guess it depends on how big 'tier 1' is for RB's. This year it's pretty clear that there are a top 3. If tier 1 were 6 backs deep, maybe I prefer 5th or 6th position to get a tier 1 WR in the 2nd round which may not be available at 1st position.

Guess it depends on how big 'tier 1' is for RB's. This year it's pretty clear that there are a top 3. If tier 1 were 6 backs deep, maybe I prefer 5th or 6th position to get a tier 1 WR in the 2nd round which may not be available at 1st position.

That's right. A top 2 pick could get you a top RB, possibly Boldin or other tier one WR and quite possibly Gates, yielding 3 tier ones this year. 7 tier one WR's helps immensely.