[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Chargers

Randall

Jackson looked real good on the catch.

On the local broadcast Jesse Garcia said she talked to Favre and he wasn't disappointed in coming back no matter how they finish. He said if he sees something(in the team) he likes ho could come back next year, if he can still play.

The team is headed in the right direction I think. We'll see. I just wish they had drfated a RB.

That Rivers to Jackson combo was good for four completions for 46 yards and a TD. :D

Yeah, Rivers looked like he definately looks for Jackson - he's a nice, big target and appearantly has hands too. Will he take the 2nd spot by week 1?

Yeah, Rivers looked like he definately looks for Jackson - he's a nice, big target and appearantly has hands too. Will he take the 2nd spot by week 1?

It'll be a dog fight between Jackson and Parker for the second spot opposite McCardell. The intriguing thing about Jackson is his combination of size and speed. Marty thinks he's got what it takes this year to be a factor in the offense. Parker has sure hands and runs good routes, but he is no faster than Jackson, is smaller, and has a history of minor injuries that keep him out of games. My bet is Jackson is the starter by week 1.

Taped the game & just had the chance to watch it.

Knowing it's just the 1st pre season game you can only take so much from it, but the Pack O'line was pretty bad awful. Favre was either getting killed or had no time to pass. The line was not really opening any holes for the RB's either.

I did expect it considering the Pack are starting two rooks on the line. Hopefully a few more pre season games will lead to some improvement, but this is the bigs and starting TWO rookies on your offensive line, is not the best thing for a team to try and do.

Ahmad Carroll looked to be in fine form :D

I did like the looks of Rodgers. I think the Pack will in good shape with him when Favre finally hangs 'em up.

Jennings looked good. Had a couple of rookies mistakes. On a 3rd down pass play to him he pulled up short of the marker to make the catch and failed to convert. Saw another pass or two that hit him right in the hands which he dropped. I put that down to nerves. No Bill Schroeder alligator arms or Stinkston duck & cover moves, when hearing footsteps. He'll be a fine WR for the Pack and the few mistakes he made are easily correctable.

Gado looked quicker than Davenpoop, though neither did anything of note. However, as I said earlier the O'line was just plain awful. :D

Hawk didn't standout, but 1st pre season game. He'll be fine once he settles down.

For the Chargers, Rivers looked comfortable and in control. On the TD to Jackson he had the first one called back as Jackson had one foot on the line. Chargers ran the exact same play and this time got the TD. How the Pack DB failed to break up a play he had just seen, is a mystery...well...not really...the DB was Ahmad Carroll. Jackson ran right by him and Woodson came over to try and clean up Carrols mess. Of course Woodson had a holding penalty called on him which was obviously declined. :D

Chargers TE's were just killing the Pack Defense. Anyone who thought Gates might suffer with Rivers at QB instead of Brees, need not worry. Gates will be HUGH this year.

Chargers D looked strong, but this needs to tempered by the fact that they were going against the Pack O'line. Did I mention how bad Green Bays O'line looked? Oh! Jammer is still the poster child for penalties.

LT2 didn't play so the Chargers had Sproles in untill he got hurt and was replaced by Michael "The Burner" Turner. Did well on his series, capping his series off with a nice 13 yard TD run.

I didn't get to see the whole game, but managed to watch most of the first half:

I was encouraged to see Robert Ferguson make the best catch I've seen from him in about oh, two years. Jennings looked solid. Favre looked decent as well, despite running for his life. As BigScore said, hard to say much about the RBs - they didn't look special but had no help. Hawk didn't stand out - but that means "no big plays, but not exploited, either".

Rivers looked REALLY good.