[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on Portis

budlitebrad

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pray to God that Brunell stays healthy, cause Collins is awful. And he know the offense already. :D

Yeah, he is god-awful. They keep talking about how having him is like having another coach. I understand what they mean now, coaches are guys who cant play anymore. :D

I wish they would just put Campbell in and leave him as #2 from this point forward.

Yeah, he is god-awful. They keep talking about how having him is like having another coach. I understand what they mean now, coaches are guys who cant play anymore. :D

I wish they would just put Campbell in and leave him as #2 from this point forward.

no

seperated shoulder, calling it a sublex; it went back in on its on.

August 13, 2006, 20:37

Redskins :: RB

RB Portis Seperates Shoulder

NBC

It has been confirmed that RB Clinton Portis seperated his shoulder. It popped back in by itself and we'll let you know more as we hear it.

August 13, 2006, 20:37

Redskins :: RB

RB Portis Seperates Shoulder

NBC

It has been confirmed that RB Clinton Portis seperated his shoulder. It popped back in by itself and we'll let you know more as we hear it.

What they said makes no sense. A separated shoulder has nothing to do with the socket it self. It deals with the ligaments over the shoulder, and that is indicated by MRI only.

Subluxation makes sense if it popped out and popped back in, as this would be a minor dislocation and not a separation.

I think the reporter misspoke...

NBC's Andrea Kramer reports from the sideline that RB Clinton Portis has a seperated shoulder.

ok, estimated guess on how long he will be out??

I am more interested in how this will effect him the rest of the year. Will he now be prone to having the shoulder pop out?

I doubt he will miss any time at all, I mean last year he played with a messed up shoulder at the end of the season. He may not play in the preseason; if it was regular season he would be in there.

shhhhh, that is contrary to MPulera's alternate reality.

I am more interested in how this will effect him the rest of the year. Will he now be prone to having the shoulder pop out?

Not likely. He was hurt because he had his arm extended when making that tackle. The impact on his arm caused his shoulder to pop out for a second (if the report is accurate). This is a subluxation and not a separation.

A separation typically happens when the shoulder is driven into the ground (landing on the shoulder), and the ligaments on top of the shoulder are stretched (this typically has nothing to do with dislocation).

He should be fine as long as he doesn't have to make a bunch of tackles (uh um Brunell!)...

Well, this adds a new wrinkle to the RB drafting in the first round.........we needed something else to consider.

Hey dumbwakawaka, enough with the name calling. I have the best team i can possibly build PRE-DRAFT. My 6 keepers are.

Palmer

Tomlinson

S Smith

Holt

Fitzgerald

Gates

I traded away a bunch of garbage (R Moss, Owens, LJ, Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, and some other bozos and aquired the Top picks in our keeper league draft. Why in the hell would i need Portis?

I dont need to start 2 RBs, and dont want to. They are all injury prone pussies. Last season i went with the same 3 WR 1 TE strategy and set 10 league records. So if you dont know candied yams about my team, my league, or my leagues scoring system, then shut your wakawakaing piehole.

I follow football closer than most of you follow how well you wiped your ass after taking a candied yams. I owned Portis for most of his Broncos career and the start of his Redskins career. He limped off the field for me EARLY no less than 6 to 8 times with ticky tacky BS, he is soft.

That being said your damn right hes a Top 2 RB. Hes never suffered a serious injury, hes young, hes talented, and he plays for a good team with an ever improving offense. I myself dont want him, i dont need him, i will be fine at RB with Tomlinson, R Bush, and Maroney and whatever other wad i draft.

And to the fool who asked the dumb question who had the most carries last year and the year before, i know the answer to your silly question. But thats stupid for me to even have to respond to. I never said Portis would miss extended time with an injury, i said he limps off in the 3rd quarter fairly often. Most people are happy to live with that, im not one of them people. Tomlinson is the next turd to get hit in the ass by the door on my keeper league team, im tired of that wimp doing the same candied yams. He gets hurt and finishes the game on the sidelines watching Burner Turner load up on stats. I have no room nor patience for overpaid pussies. Earn your millions, or retire and suck on your momma's nipples!

My plan for this year is to draft Bush and Maroney to be my 2 new RBs, until they piss me off then they can go to hell as well.

Injuries piss me off, when some guy making 5 million a year walks off the field cause he bruised his chest (Portis), that gets old fast.

The entire point of my post, is that theres NOTHING wrong with him. Id wager 10 bucks he has no injury, hes SOFT. No broken bones, no torn muscles, NO INJURY to report. He has a low tolerance for pain END OF STORY.

I rank RBs in this order

Tomlinson and Portis flip a coin on who u want. (both get dinged easily=pussies)

Alexander is 3rd (high miles- no upside left- but perhaps the safest back historically)

After those 3 i DONT WANT NONE OF THEM where they will be drafted. I guess if i had to pick 4th and was taking a RB id eye up Carnell Williams or Ronnie Brown, but my basic take on RBs has always been the same.

THEY ARE OVERRATED IN FANTASY FOOTBALL ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Every year half of them get hurt often and early, half of whats left underperforms, and in the meantime Free Agent RBs step in and become instant Top 10 RBs. So i ask you, why in the hell do i have to Keep 2 RBs if i hate them all? I dont want 2 RBs, if i didnt have to start one, i wouldnt, i would pass on every down, at least most stud WRs have been fairly reliable in their careers. I cant even name more than 10 RBs in the last 10 years who had any notable stretch of health and prosperity, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders are about the only 2 i can think of off hand that werent always gimping off the field with ticky tac candied yams.

Read my posts, i do think Portis is #2, and i never once said he would be "injury prone" to the extent that hes junk. All i said is I DONT WANT HIM, he let me down too many times on a "weekly" basis. For the length of the season, he has been and always will be a Top flight elite RB. He makes plays, he scores TDs, he can even throw a TD pass, but i dont need him, and i dont want him.

So how about all of you shut your pie holes, if you dont like what i have to say dont read it. At least i speak with a passion for the game and a FULL UNDERSTANDING of all aspects of a player, not just what you see when you flip open your fantasy magazine because you have no brains and dont know a thing about football. If anyone in here actually owned Portis as much as i have, then im sure he would back me 110% that he has a history of missing game time for no apparent reason. I would feel better about him if he actually was seriously injured, but he never is, which means hes leaving games early with watussie injuries

HE ISNT HURT< HES FINE< So all you Redskin and Portis fans can breathe, take it from a true fantasy expert, because im the only expert here whos advice is worth listening too!

LJ is in with a bunch of garbage? Are you F'N serious? You talk about Portis/LT being wusses but you had them for a while? Why not get rid of them and get someone you actually like? LJ=Garbage :D:D

wakawaka you ***, you got some pretty big balls to rip on 10 guys you dont even know. Why dont you come to our draft, im sure we would enjoy taking turns kicking your ass around the draft room. The truth is, most of you retards couldnt compete in our league, Why? Because your too wakawakaing stupid thats why. I read all your posts, and 85% of them come straight from your fantasy magazines or some crap you read on Fanball, why dont you actually invest some time and do some research then tell us how you feel. When the best you can do is rip on someone and their league, it just proves your a wakawakaing clueless sack of imbred candied yams.

Your a *** who loves ***s, go make love to your gay cellmate you dumbwakawaka!

:D