[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis a wuss, or I'm an idiot?!?

Raider.Nation

Whether or not he's and idiot or puss is not the question..........the question is, is he now worth the #4 pick........ :D:D:D

Feel free to pass on him at #4 and I'll hope he slips to me in the mid rounds.... :D

:D never gets injured.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Feel free to pass on him at #4 and I'll hope he slips to me in the mid rounds.... :D

:D never gets injured.

That's my issue.......I've got the fourth pick and I was very happy with the fact that I would have gotten Portis, and didn't want Tiki, but now, I feel like I need to consider Tiki with the 4th.... :D:D

Edited by Big Dogs

you're an idiot

/kidding, but someone had to say it and why not a Bronco fan?

Portis is a gamer and he plays his heart out on every play. You can accuse him of many things but being a wuss is not one of them. It's not surprising he would be hurt on a stupid play like this. He can't be on the field without giving 150%.

This all brings up bitter, bitter memories as T.Davis suffered what in effect was his career-ending injury making the tackle on a Brian Griese INT return.

I'm a no harm no fould guy.

It was stupid for him to be making that play. Of course, I often wonder what players like Portis gain from plaing in these games they couldn't gain in practice in light pads anyways? If it is stupid for Portis to be making that tackle (which I think it was) it is probably stupid for him to be in there at all.

If the MRI is negative, and there's nothing lingering, he made a poor decision and got lucky. Maybe it's even for the better. He started all 16 games last year. Next year will be his 5th season. Last year he had 352 carries, the most of his career. He doen't need the contact does he? He's had 1,258 carries in the NFL. If he hasn't figured out how to take a hit by now, I doubt hit number 1,259 will result in some epiphany.

When people get into the Hall of Fame like they did last weekend, you hear stories about how the inductee never took a play off; how they played 100% on every down; how they practiced as hard as they played. The thing I never really liked about Portis was that I perceived him as a guy without any guts for the game. He appeared to me to be a very talented candyass that lacked heart.

For him to put in that much effort, in the first quarter of a preseason game, to put on that kind of hit to ensure the interception would not be returned for a TD showed me something. Sure it was stupid. It also showed me I was wrong about one of the bigger reasons I had some players ranked ahead of him. So, while I still have questions about the OL thanks to Hugh, if the MRI is negative, I move him up in my rankings. I didn't think he had that kind of effort in him.

He always plays bigger when blocking. Gibbs loves him and that means a lot.

Edited by skins