[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis: With what you know now....

TDFFFreak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the buzz around Portis this season. I mean what did he do last year? Nothing and he's still on the same lame offense as he was last year. Are starting RBs that weak this year?

He did absolutelyl nothing last year.

I've got the #5 pick in a 12-team redraft.

I know the guy ahead of me likes Portis over Barber, and if he takes Portis (or someone else besides Barber) I'll definitely grab Barber at 5.

If he takes Barber, my choice is going to come down to two guys. One is Portis. The other is Rudi Johnson.

Johnson has gone for 1450 yards and 12 scores for two straight years, and his situation is unchanged for this year. IMO he's a very safe pick.

SJax -- not real confident in knowing how the Rams will be this year, and how they'll use SJax.

Jordan -- I'm not touching the Raiders this year.

James -- ARZ rushing game has been miserable forever, and their line's unchanged. I'll let someone else roll the dice that Edge is going to change all that singlehandedly.

Brown -- Love his situation but he's an unknown right now with so few carries under his belt.

Caddy -- Too many rotten games last year for me to consider.

Westbrook -- foot problem already

By process of elimination it's Rudi, if the Portis situation still looks iffy. I don't think Rudi will finish in the top 5, but IMO he's the best bet of all these guys to finish in the top 10.

I don't understand the buzz around Portis this season. I mean what did he do last year? Nothing and he's still on the same lame offense as he was last year. Are starting RBs that weak this year?

1700 yds and 11 Td's puts him Top 5 last year not to mention his 4.3 ypc ave.....Washington has a Top 10 O-Line and New OC Al Saunders will utilize Portis like Holmes and LJ. Portis has finished Top 5 rushing in 3 of the last 4 years and in his 2 years with the Redskins he has averaged over 90 yds rushing per game and scored 18 tds in 31 games !!!.........In the 2nd half of last year he average over 110 yards per game and scored 7 tds....He also has 8 td runs of over 40 yards in his first 4 years in the league and is argueably one of the fastest tailbacks in the league.....Granted he is not SA,LT or LJ, but he has went from Denver to Washington and still put up Top5 numbers....Could that be said if you took any of those other 3 Top Studs and put them behind a less than "studly" O-line?..... I am sorry that Portis did not live up to your expectations, perhaps you set your standards too high!!!!!! ...You should probably do some stats research before you make such a statement. Even with the "minor" shoulder injury...he is still going to post some huge games and finish as an elite RB. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto to Fatman !!!!!

Ditto this?

2005: Portis started 16 games and rushed for a single-season franchise record 1,516 yards on 352 carries. He also set a single-season franchise record with nine 100-yard rushing games. He led the Redskins with 11 TDs. Portis also caught 30 passes for 216 yards.

By rushing for 1,591 yards in 2003 and 1,508 in 2002, Portis became only the third running back in NFL history to rush for 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons, joining Eric Dickerson and Edgerrin James.

PRETTY STUDLY if you ask me....

Ditto this?

2005: Portis started 16 games and rushed for a single-season franchise record 1,516 yards on 352 carries. He also set a single-season franchise record with nine 100-yard rushing games. He led the Redskins with 11 TDs. Portis also caught 30 passes for 216 yards.

By rushing for 1,591 yards in 2003 and 1,508 in 2002, Portis became only the third running back in NFL history to rush for 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons, joining Eric Dickerson and Edgerrin James.

PRETTY STUDLY if you ask me....

There you go again...putting facts in between people and their perceptions....quit it!!! :D

With S-Jax as a keeper, (in a 12 team league), I took Portis with the 5th pick. Through my rose colored glasses, he was the best available. Shoulder or not, I'd do it again.

Given his history & Washington's inconsistancy on offense I never had him at 4 anyway. This weekend only solidified that opinion for me. I personally still like Jackson & Caddilac better, but right now even Tiki looks like a safer pick.

alstott looks like he is going to continue to steal the goalline carries judging from the preseason. that drops caddy down a little more for me